The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Benoit Pouliot

What's wrong with that statement? If the other two players he mentioned pan out, and Benny scores 25 on one of our top two lines, we'll finish that high for sure.

I don't know I was VERY SURPRISED to read that anyone would think he would be the 3rd most important key for the Habs next season. I respect his post...just stunned THAT IS ALL. ;)

I don't know I was VERY SURPRISED to read that anyone would think he would be the 3rd most important key for the Habs next season. I respect his post...just stunned THAT IS ALL. ;)

I don't think Benny is the third most important player for the Habs and how they do this year, although I agree that he is a potential source of improvement. Last year, especially in the playoffs, guys like Cammalleri, Gionta, Gorges, Gill, Lapierre, Halak, etc. were playing near their maximum potential. Some of those guys could still be more consistent during the regular season, but assuming the top players stay at the same level of their game, there are others who have the potential to step up their games and make more of a difference. Pouliot is one of those guys. AK46 is another. Gomez could be better and needs to be better in situations when other top forwards are out of the line-up. Markov needs to get back into form when he comes back. But looking at players who had disappointing ends to last year, I can see how someone can look to Benny as a guy who has the chance to make the team better by taking his game to a new level.

I think I agree that Pouliot is a big part of this team's possible success this year; in equal part with AK46.

Look at our two top lines, we have two pairs of productive forwards (Gomez & Gionta, Cammalleri & Plekanec), and two very unproductive forwards (Pouliot and Kostitsyn).

Imagine if Pouliot and chipped in 25 or so goals. Gomez would likely have 10-15, Gionta 25-30. Imagine if Gomez and Pouliot could elevate. That would be one scary line. Looking at the other line, Imagine if Kostitsyn threw his size around and didn't fall into a stone cold slump for 40 games. Another very threatening line.

I think I agree that Pouliot is a big part of this team's possible success this year; in equal part with AK46.

Look at our two top lines, we have two pairs of productive forwards (Gomez & Gionta, Cammalleri & Plekanec), and two very unproductive forwards (Pouliot and Kostitsyn).

Imagine if Pouliot and chipped in 25 or so goals. Gomez would likely have 10-15, Gionta 25-30. Imagine if Gomez and Pouliot could elevate. That would be one scary line. Looking at the other line, Imagine if Kostitsyn threw his size around and didn't fall into a stone cold slump for 40 games. Another very threatening line.

I can see your point and most definitely the GM and Coaches see it, their have been moves made to take care if these problems continue. Eller ,Avtsin, Palushaj, Engqvist and Leblanc have all joined in the hunt for one of these jobs, so they better be ready to go because someone will be breathing down their necks to take their place not like other years.

Soo much skill, needs more confidence out there is all

Confidence is important, but he's not going to have it for long if he doesn't bulk up this summer.

He needs to push some weights and he'll be much more effective IMO.

#57 Benoit Pouliot

8471678.jpg

BioStatsVideoDraft Class

QUOTE LIBRARY

“My strengths are my shot and my skating and I know I’m capable of bringing that offensive element to the table,” continued the Alfred, ON native. “It was maybe another story in the playoffs, but I think I started to show that a bit in the regular season. This year was a great learning experience for me.” Canadiens.com, June 6 2010

I really think Benoit is going to be a great player for the Habs, he's had a half season so far with his linemates and the Habs. The meager time he played in Minny probably hindered his development, given the preseason and a full year with Gionta and Gomez he should flourish.His two=way game will improve as no player can count on offense for a career these days,there is just too many talented players willing to give that extra bit for a job.

Confidence is important, but he's not going to have it for long if he doesn't bulk up this summer.

He needs to push some weights and he'll be much more effective IMO.

True. I'm really hoping he can be ready when October rolls around. I don't usually have certain a level of expectation but he is one that I really hope can bring it this season. Go Benny!!

True. I'm really hoping he can be ready when October rolls around. I don't usually have certain a level of expectation but he is one that I really hope can bring it this season. Go Benny!!

I hope so as well... But unfortunately for him, he went from one defensive style team (which many believe had a lot to do with his poor performance) to another one, under JM.

honestly a lot of this season rides on the conditioning of BP.. I think he started the struggle at the end last season because he didnt have enough left in the tank.. I HOPE, he is working hard this offseason..

Agreed he needs to bring it all this season, this is where he's wanted to play all his life,what can possibly be better for a French-Canadian hockey player.

This player is the 3rd key to the 2010-2011 season behind : 1 - Carey Price and 2 - PK Subban.

IF BP gives us a 25 goal campaign without any prolonged slumps, the Habs will be top 6 in the conference MMW.

or 2nd key after Carey but before PK. But hey that is debatable

I was waiting for the bus this morning before going to work and I could've sworn I saw Benny Pouliot driving one of the buses which is rather odd considering he hates traffic and busy areas.

/sarcasm

Here's hoping that he actually works harder than he did in the past playoffs.