The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

I expect 30 goals from this guy this year if he stays healthy. We saw what he could do last year which went away when he was injured.

If he gets 30 goals I'll eat my....nevermind.

Actually this one is feasible as long as he plays like when he first arrived in Montreal not like he did during the playoffs.

Guest Kovy-27

I honestly believe that Pouliot is the real deal,keep him with gionta and gomez and be patient.We got the best out of the Latendresse vs Pouliot trade,just be patient he's a natural goal scorer.

I honestly believe that Pouliot is the real deal,keep him with gionta and gomez and be patient.We got the best out of the Latendresse vs Pouliot trade,just be patient he's a natural goal scorer.

Agreed...

He came over injured, re-injured in the fight against Redden... Production slowed down from there... I haven't lost faith in his abilities or desire to be here...

Sometimes young players play injured in fears their spot won't be available when they are healthy... I believe the same thing for pacioretty

The kid is very talented indeed but when things go wrong he needs to man up.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/306583.html

According to RDS, Martin may not be overly patient with Pouliot and Kostitsyn this year. More consistency is expected from both of them and if they don't deliver, there's other guys ready to take their spot. They even talk about Boyd being a possible alternative, I'm a little surprised about that to be honest.

Edited by ChiLla
I'll back that thinking.

Yeap!

I think Benoit knows that this isn't Minny and that slacking off in the top 6 won't get him anywhere fast. He knows what the coach is like and how the fans can get. Hopefully he brings 100% effort to every game. He might not score a goal every game, but he should be out there helping his line get chances and goals.

Yeap!

I think Benoit knows that this isn't Minny and that slacking off in the top 6 won't get him anywhere fast. He knows what the coach is like and how the fans can get. Hopefully he brings 100% effort to every game. He might not score a goal every game, but he should be out there helping his line get chances and goals.

Bang on dude.

Yeap!

If he works hard and keeps his head in the game, he seems to have a skill-set that can take him far. He's got some considerable power and also has a solid scoring touch; two things you can't teach. The trick with him will be the dreaded "game between the ears", as well as continuing to develop his skating and defensive ability.

Even though there may be some growing pains that bleed over from last season, he's a pretty low-risk/high-reward situation given that we didn't sell the farm to get him and he isn't costing us an arm and a leg.

I'm really pulling for this kid to succeed. He has so much of what we need in our top 6.

Agreed. I dont want to put too much pressure on him, but Benoit Pouliot playing at the potential that saw him drafted 4th overall could make all the difference for this squad. Imagine him as a 35+ scorer alongside Gomez & Gionta. Instantly we have a quality 1st line - and we still have Cammy, Pleks & others on the other line. That would be awesome.

Apparently he gained the weight in muscle 10 lbs. and worked on his quickness. So I hope the same as all Hab fans that he has a breakout season along with Pacioretty.

If this is true, its very promising news. As we know, he talked a good talk at the end of last year. If he can follow through with even half of it, we'll be much better as a team because of it.

He has all the skills needed...he just needs to apply them.

Apparently he gained the weight in muscle 10 lbs. and worked on his quickness. So I hope the same as all Hab fans that he has a breakout season along with Pacioretty.

13Lbs according to a TSN report last night. That should help him in the corners and what not. :)

13Lbs according to a TSN report last night. That should help him in the corners and what not. :)

Even better the Habs won't be getting pushed off the puck like they were last season. Which means they will have the puck more often and should score more often 5on 5. The Habs are definitely a bigger team Subban gained 15 lbs, Pacioretty gained 10 lbs. and Eller is 6'2 200 lbs, Avtsin is 6'3 200 lbs, those five are offensive minded players Top Six or powerplayers. It sure is starting to feel like the Habs of old when they always had quality players in the farm system.

I'm really pulling for this kid to succeed. He has so much of what we need in our top 6.

ha has all the tools, but his conditioning and determination both of which went down the drain last spring are big concerns. hopefully he has a bad taste in his mouth

I agree. If he finds the answer to success (he as so much skill) he will move this team out of the offensively challenged category and help this team reach 4th spot.

If AK also steps up this team will be an offensive power house.

But we can't expect both to discover the anwer to putting up points consistently. One of the 2 would be enough. Maybe Eller can pick up the slack if one sucks