The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Even better the Habs won't be getting pushed off the puck like they were last season. Which means they will have the puck more often and should score more often 5on 5. The Habs are definitely a bigger team Subban gained 15 lbs, Pacioretty gained 10 lbs. and Eller is 6'2 200 lbs, Avtsin is 6'3 200 lbs, those five are offensive minded players Top Six or powerplayers. It sure is starting to feel like the Habs of old when they always had quality players in the farm system.

Pac's NHL destination could be on the second or 3rd line. It all depends on his ability to deliver offense in the NHL. Not sure yet

Pouliot has all the skills to be a top top player - star.

Avtsin has amazing offensive skill sets that we have not seen in Mtl in years maybe longer. One year in the A and he will be ready for top 6 duty

PK is proven (almost)

Eller.........

Whow!!! The prospect/rookies do look nice!!

ha has all the tools, but his conditioning and determination both of which went down the drain last spring are big concerns. hopefully he has a bad taste in his mouth

Yep, he comes with some risk, but so much talent and size

Let's see what he can do with different linemates Moen ,Maxwell and Pouliot they have size,speed and talent and a little toughness.Go Habs Go! I like Pouliot and it's just a matter of time before he stars at the NHL level, just my opinion.

I had people over last night and didn't get to pay as much attention to the game as I would have liked, but Puliot seemed to be playing with a bit of an edge whenever I noticed him out there. Did he actually have a good game, or did I just catch him at some good moments?

I had people over last night and didn't get to pay as much attention to the game as I would have liked, but Puliot seemed to be playing with a bit of an edge whenever I noticed him out there. Did he actually have a good game, or did I just catch him at some good moments?

I think he had a pretty solid game overall. Skating well, had some scoring chances, using the body (laid out a huge hit). Good start!

lets hope beniot puts on 15 20 pounds of solid muscle so he can throw his body around thatd be nice and i agree with the statement that the habs are indeed bigger but eller is 215 now and avtsin is 208 210 now but in reality we should know that these players will not be full time with the habs this year and if they are they will be bottom two lines but who knows what will happen just a question what does somebody think we could get for avtsin in a trade?

benny had a really solid game last night. Pleks goal although great was the result of a really good backcheck by benny. he stripped the offensive player on the rush and made a real quick heads up pass to pleks to spring him on the partial breakaway. Pleks took over with his speed but it all started because of benny. he was good alnight on the rush...i can't wait to see him back with gionta and gomez.

i can't wait till hockey season starts the reg season that is and see beniot play full time with us im think he gets 50-60 points maybe a 30-30 season i hope but ive said it before i hate how JM doesnt give enough chances like boudrue from washington

its pre season hes made the team we know that he knows that and boys hes playing solid i mean he cant get a goal every second game

Pouliot in this camp is more fighting for a top 6 spot and right now, he isn't winning :mellow:

Still a couple of games left though, so we'll see if he turns it up a notch as we get closer to the season.

I think given the time Benoit's game will be as a two-way forward with offensive upside. In other words a complete player,maybe the Habs should give him a shot at center his original position in junior.

On what line though?

Bennny is an OK player , seems to me people think he's gonna be better than he really is , and folks seem to think "let's give him a couple more games and see" , but Carey has one semi bad start and runnin' him out of town LOLz , anyway back to Benny , Ellar will have his spot soon enough IMO.

This should be Pouliot's breakout season, everything has rolled his way he has the chance to be one of the top six. He gained the muscle the Habs asked him to gain and appears to be in good shape like mid-season form.I am in Benoit's corner for now and I'm sure he won't disappoint me.

I liked what I saw from Benny in his first game and again last night. Didn't think he played well against Ottawa. What I have noticed about him thus far is that he is using his size more this year, and that can only be a good thing. Hoping JM and KM positively re-inforce that behavior and tell him to keep hitting people and going hard to the net. Benny seems like the kind of guy who will respond more to that kind of coaching than anything else.

Benoit Pouliot was playing a good solid hockey game tonight, I wish I could say the same for AK. I think that if AK doesn't act like he cares the Habs could go for another prospect of Nashville Zach Budish and send AK to join SK. Zach Budish and a second round pick for 2011 draft for Andrei Kostitsyn, this would be a good trade for everybody involved.Pouliot looks good and ready to go.