The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Benoit Pouliot

Benoit Pouliot was playing a good solid hockey game tonight, I wish I could say the same for AK. I think that if AK doesn't act like he cares the Habs could go for another prospect of Nashville Zach Budish and send AK to join SK. Zach Budish and a second round pick for 2011 draft for Andrei Kostitsyn, this would be a good trade for everybody involved.Pouliot looks good and ready to go.

Missed most of tonight's game, but AK has had a better camp than Pouliot before tonight IMO.

Missed most of tonight's game, but AK has had a better camp than Pouliot before tonight IMO.

I haven't watched much hockey during preseason but I'm quite happy we have Eller who can replace either of them in case they go into their infamous slumps again during the regular season :)

Should Mr. Pouliot ever start PLAYING big on a consistent basis then maybe we can consider naming him after London's gigantic clock tower.

i dont know, maybe giving him a famous clock name could help him realise that what is expected from him is to be as consistent as time ticking away :ph34r:

Nah, let's not be like the Leafs and start handing out nicknames to players who haven't proven themselves (see 'The Monster', LOL -- only in Leafland would an unproven goalie from a second-tier European league be given a WWE-style nickname before he's done a thing to deserve it).

Nah, let's not be like the Leafs and start handing out nicknames to players who haven't proven themselves (see 'The Monster', LOL -- only in Leafland would an unproven goalie from a second-tier European league be given a WWE-style nickname before he's done a thing to deserve it).

you're right, that's probably the best course to take ... but i (rather 'we' here as a family) have nicknames for all the habs. i think the one we have for pouliot should not be used on this forum though so i'll stick with his real name or go with boring 'Benny' :lol:

Should Mr. Pouliot ever start PLAYING big on a consistent basis then maybe we can consider naming him after London's gigantic clock tower.

Why on Earth would anyone want to nickname him "St Stephen's"?

Big Ben is the actual bell in the tower, sorry

Nice to see him put a couple away just in time for the season opener.

He was nicknamed The Monster long before he joined the Leafs.

Why on Earth would anyone want to nickname him "St Stephen's"?

Big Ben is the actual bell in the tower, sorry

Nice to see him put a couple away just in time for the season opener.

Oh come on! :P People have totally adopted "Big Ben" for the entire tower, as well! :lol:

And they took it and ran with it. Hey, I have an idea: let's find every dumb nickname given to one of our unproven prospects and start using it in place of the player's actual name every chance we get! :P

Wasn't Gomez throwing around "G-money" for himself a few interviews ago? :lol:

big ben is a clock.....

Trust me on this. It's a bell, behind a clock, in a big tower named after St Stephen on one end of the Palace of Wesminster. (I have "City of Westminster" on my birth certificate, not "London" :D )

Let's hope it doesn't toll for it's CH namesake this season.

Who would people keep up if they want BP to start the season in Hamilton?

With Cammalleri out of the lineup for Thursday's game this would be a perfect opportunity for Pouliot to score some goals and assert himself as belonging in the top-6 out of the starting gate. I have a feeling both he and Andrei K. may be on short leashes this season. Lack of production could mean a severe reduction in ice time. Pouliot could garner rave reviews if he has a good game against the Leafs.