Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fourtrax

Roman Hamrlik

652 posts in this topic

really he has only had more than 48 pts once in his career is on the downside. Has not had more than 35 pt in a decade. He was drafted a long time age and not a scoring threat. Markov is not a top 10 dman and has not been for the past 2 years. YOU HAVE TO PLAY TO BE A TOP PLAYER.

But yet our fan base thinks that hammer is going to pick up the scoring ...No wonder we have not won in 15 + years. We could of adressed this issue over the summer created cap space and picked up some talent for Markov but instead we held on and got burnt again..

markov also scored much more consistently then throughout there NHL career Markov scores 25% more frequently then Hammer

Well Hamrlik is on pace for more than 35 this year, so I'm not really sure what you're complaining about. Obviously he's not going to be able to replace Andrei Markov and I don't think anyone is claiming that he will. All I said was that his role may have changed from what it has been in past years because Markov is gone for the season, and we have in fact seen evidence of him being more aggressive offensively than he has been in past seasons.

As for whether or not Markov should have been traded, that's for another thread.

You have to feel for Hammer... he is, IMO, arguably the best all-around d-man playing for the Habs and he has lost a step. And that makes his job even harder under the circumstances. It doesn't help to not have another top-four assisting with the workload.

We overpaid to get him here but he's been our best defenseman this year, was our best defenseman for most of last year, and was our second best defenseman (second only to a career year from Markov) the year we brought him in. Keep it up Roman. We complain about you're cap hit (myself included) but we'd be dead in the water without you.

Well Hamrlik is on pace for more than 35 this year, so I'm not really sure what you're complaining about. Obviously he's not going to be able to replace Andrei Markov and I don't think anyone is claiming that he will. All I said was that his role may have changed from what it has been in past years because Markov is gone for the season, and we have in fact seen evidence of him being more aggressive offensively than he has been in past seasons.

As for whether or not Markov should have been traded, that's for another thread.

I am not complaining this was in reference to an earlied remark that JM was telling Hammer to pick up the scoring while Markov is out. And I said round peg square hole, IMO hammer was not brought he to be a scorer and has never been a scorer, the other gentlemen (i assume) said that hammer was a number 1 pick and a great two way player, I feel that hammer has never been a great offensive player and has earned his rep as a defensive defense man. We have other D men that are better suited to score than Hammer and I seriously doubt that anyone would argue that. Subban may make a ton of mistakes but he has the speed to get back. Hammer can not at this point.

Hammer has been our best D but has lost a step. If anyone in the management of the team thinks heay Markov is out what do we do , I know go tell JM that Hammer needs to pinch more and score more than this team is DOOMED

Remember when a lot of us wanted to trade him?

Every year for the past three seasons? :lol: God, we would be in deep trouble without him in the lineup. He may be old, but his game is still pretty decent most nights.

This is the main reason you cannot go into a season with a team that are a bunch of clones

four very small forwards who do not play physichal are expected to do all the scoring

and three defense men on the downside of their career who have all lost a step.

I really hope hammer can hold it together and does not break down

I like him, but really painful to watch how slow he is.....

Oh he's definitely lost a step or two over the past few seasons. He can be effective if he stays at home... Which is, unfortunately, not what he's been doing lately. I guess he's been asked to play more of an offensive role with Markov out, but hopefully the addition of Wisneiwski can help get him back into a more comfortable role for this age.

please give hammer a rest he would have off 5 straight days I am sure it will help him

Word trickling in that Hamrlik has a foot injury, not much on it right now but we could be facing the loss of another D man........

That being said, it's only prelim and I'm working on getting a better source than a few tweets from some mediatypes.

Word trickling in that Hamrlik has a foot injury, not much on it right now but we could be facing the loss of another D man........

That being said, it's only prelim and I'm working on getting a better source than a few tweets from some mediatypes.

I hope it's not too serious, whatever it winds up being; losing three regular D-men would be disastrous.

I still wouldn't discount him yet as there hasn't been any major news yet. It could only be a bruised ankle or something, but I felt we should be aware of the potential.

If he's out long-term too, we're definitely in trouble. Thank god we got Wisniewski, although he was struggling a bit last night.

He Skated Yesterday

He skated before the morning skate, during the morning skate and for another 25 minutes afterwards. Hopefully he'll be okay.

Then again, Gorges was skating and even playing until recently, so you never know. I believe Hamrlik should be back soon enough but we'll need to keep our fingers crossed.

Then again, Gorges was skating and even playing until recently, so you never know. I believe Hamrlik should be back soon enough but we'll need to keep our fingers crossed.

We already have two d-men on the shelf because of major knee injuries. God wouldn't be so cruel as to give Hamrlik the same injury ... would he? :blink:

We already have two d-men on the shelf because of major knee injuries. God wouldn't be so cruel as to give Hamrlik the same injury ... would he? :blink:

Well all the reports seem to suggest it's his foot. Maybe there's some game tape of him blocking a shot with his foot and it's just a bit swollen right now.

I was coming in to post the good news :)

Hopefully, this means no more Pleki at the point on the PP

I get fed up with all the complaints about Hammer,he never stops working and if you think we are paying him too much,that's management's fault,Hammer always give of his best and has taken on the role of top D man and worked really hard,he does his job so he may not score much but he certainly stops other teams scoring on us,there are a lot of players on our team getting a lot more money to score than Hammer,who are doing no better or even worse so give the guy a break,where would we be without him.

GO HAMMER GO :P :P

My first post here, have been a Habs fan all my life but never followed them closely until the playoffs last year. Have seen every game this season. IMO Hammer has been our best and most consistent D-man by far, I don't really understand why he gets so much criticism. He can carry the puck, constantly faces the best lines of the opposing team and contributes offensively.

He isn't flawless but when ***** hits the fan I want him on the ice. He worked well with Wisniewski I thought. Spacek mixes good with bad, but it is good for Hammer to play with someone that has more speed and can recover should they get caught out of position.

He does so many things well, little things you don't really notice unless you decide to follow him closely for a game. Don't recall which team they were facing, it was that game when the puck bounced over his stick and the other team scored on a breakaway, and everybody wanted his head on a platter. Then he set up Gomez with a great pass a few shifts later, and played an extremely solid game cutting angles, forcing the opposition into bad positions.

Just a few of my thoughts, I do think Hammer, while deserving of some criticism, gets some unfairly. He may not be the fastest, but he can still skate unlike Hal Gill and generally he has a good idea of when it is a good time to pinch. Beauty when he drove to the net to set up for Cammalleri's goal a few games ago.

So I'm glad he's back tomorrow, he's even more important now that Gorges is out.

Edited by dwdemonwolf