The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Maxim Lapierre

Does Lapierre bring more to the table than a kid straight out of Hamilton? Sure. But is it worth overpaying for Lapierre on either dollar or term? No. A two-year contract is fine, after which I'd be happy to let him walk in free agency. Let some other team overpay for a third-line player with limited scoring capability. Maybe Toronto will offer him a $9 million contract over three years. ;)

Seriously. Locking up bottom 6 guys just gives them security and in a lot of cases takes off some of that edge. You don't need to fight like crazy to keep your job, you're guaranteed 10 million over the next 5 years.

Lapierre is good, but there's risk in locking up any player to a contract of more than 2-3 years and IMO a 3rd liner at best coming off a mediocre regular season doesn't warrant that kind of risk. If he wants too much money/term he can be replaced.

Does Lapierre bring more to the table than a kid straight out of Hamilton? Sure. But is it worth overpaying for Lapierre on either dollar or term? No. A two-year contract is fine, after which I'd be happy to let him walk in free agency. Let some other team overpay for a third-line player with limited scoring capability. Maybe Toronto will offer him a $9 million contract over three years. ;)

<_< dude that isn't even funny.

I am sure his 2 year deal will be signed soon.

Nah, he doesn't hit as well as Armstrong. :lol: Burke will probably only offer him a $7 million deal over three years.

Harsh.........but fair ;)

Well, there were easily 50-60 players from two other organizations with more spirit and energy than Lapierre (Philadelphia and Chicago) to start with. And yet again, all you are remembering was one measily play-off run that amounted to NOTHING. No Cup win. No parade in downtown Montreal. Sure Lapierre was good in the post-season, but you're acting like there have never been 4th line energy players who took it up a notch during the post-season. These guys are a dime a dozen.

My dime goes to Lappy.

Hopefully he gets signed very soon!

I enjoy watching Max play,he has heart for the game he plays,yes sometimes he starts yapping but doesn't put down the gloves,and maybe sometimes what he wants doesn't really happen,but at least he goes back and hustles for that puck,because it shows that he wants it badly!

And this season,he didn't have a great one like he did 2008-2009 but playoffs he did amazing,if he can play like that a whole season,that would be perfect..

There is something that puzzles me about being a HABS fan, as you know I am quite new to this, Laps didn't have a great season but he made up for it in the playoffs,the season before was really good, I really like him and he can really bring something to the wing if we let him, so where is the loyalty we expect it from our players so why can't the players as individuals get it from the fans, Laps is a home grown talent with a lot of skill can really skate fast big and not afraid to hit, alright so he talks the talk that's OK with me if he doesn't fight that fraustrates them more, yet some of you say he is worthless that we shouldn't reward him for his loyalty doesn't sound fair to me. When Kovy and Komi left for other teams they were treated as traitors and Saku was just let go.

I am not so sure that being a fan of such a team is such a good thing ,but anyway I'm here to stay.

The best thing about Laps is he makes me laugh and to me that's worth more than anything even when watching hockey , so I hope he gets signed really soon then I can get off the edge and wait the interminable months for the season to start

GO HAPPY LAPPY GO :D :D

GO HABS GO :D :D

There is something that puzzles me about being a HABS fan, as you know I am quite new to this, Laps didn't have a great season but he made up for it in the playoffs,the season before was really good, I really like him and he can really bring something to the wing if we let him, so where is the loyalty we expect it from our players so why can't the players as individuals get it from the fans, Laps is a home grown talent with a lot of skill can really skate fast big and not afraid to hit, alright so he talks the talk that's OK with me if he doesn't fight that fraustrates them more, yet some of you say he is worthless that we shouldn't reward him for his loyalty doesn't sound fair to me. When Kovy and Komi left for other teams they were treated as traitors and Saku was just let go.

I am not so sure that being a fan of such a team is such a good thing ,but anyway I'm here to stay.

The best thing about Laps is he makes me laugh and to me that's worth more than anything even when watching hockey , so I hope he gets signed really soon then I can get off the edge and wait the interminable months for the season to start

However, the Salary Cap lends itself to team selection and management by spreadsheet.

I can't see them not doing a sensible deal for all parties concerned in Laps' case.

Laps is a home grown talent with a lot of skill can really skate fast big and not afraid to hit, alright so he talks the talk that's OK with me if he doesn't fight that fraustrates them more, yet some of you say he is worthless that we shouldn't reward him for his loyalty doesn't sound fair to me. When Kovy and Komi left for other teams they were treated as traitors and Saku was just let go.

I don't understand why people booed Kovalev upon his return and I think it's fair to say he had both people booing and cheering him last year. I imagine Koivu will get more cheers than anything. Unlike those other two, Komisarek left of his own accord, turned down a reasonable offer from Mtl for slightly more money in TO, and lied about why he was leaving (he had said he wanted to play on a more competitive team, which the Leafs obviously were not). Komi seemingly left for money and the chance to parlay himself onto the US Olympic squad and THAT is why HAbs fans rightfully boo him as a traitor. Laps is the kind of guy you like having on your team but who you'd hate to play against. I imagine fans of the other 29 teams don't care much for him, but as a Habs fan I'd be happy to have him back if he plays like he did in the playoffs.