The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Maxim Lapierre

pass the catsup! :P

yep, watch out, he's getting ready ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summer of Lappy

canadiens.com

MONTREAL – When you make a living outworking your opponents, summer vacation doesn’t tend to last very long.

Right after helping his hometown Habs reach the Eastern Conference Final for the first time in 17 years, Maxim Lapierre hit the beach for some well-deserved R&R. A week later, he was back in the gym working harder than ever.

“I went to Cancun with four of my friends right when the season ended but that’s about it as far as trips go,” explained the 25-year-old forward. “I also went to New York City for three days with my buddies, which was a lot of fun and then I just enjoyed being in Montreal after the playoffs for a few days but then it was back to training.”

Dishing out a team-high 164 hits in the regular season and following it up by leading the way with 49 hits in the playoffs, Lapierre never shies away from punishing his body for the greater good. And the feisty forward is only adding more tricks up his sleeve this offseason.

“I’ve actually been training with [former Canadiens strength and conditioning coach] Scott Livingston at his studio all summer,” described the Saint-Leonard native. “We do all the normal stuff like power weights and everything, but I’ve also been doing some boxing with a trainer and I have a cycling coach who pushes me through different sprints and programs on this new program called PowerWatts on the bike.”

A far cry from last August when he was still recovering from ankle surgery at this time of year, Lapierre is spending the dog days of summer perfecting his technique and preparing for the season this time around.

“I got back on the ice a while ago, skating and practicing with some other guys who are in town,” said Lapierre. “It’s really nice to get out there and get the legs going – as much as you train, nothing trains you to skate like actually skating. My ankle is healed 100% now, I’m feeling great and I’m just really excited for the season to get going.”

yep, watch out, he's getting ready ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summer of Lappy

canadiens.com

MONTREAL – When you make a living outworking your opponents, summer vacation doesn’t tend to last very long.

Right after helping his hometown Habs reach the Eastern Conference Final for the first time in 17 years, Maxim Lapierre hit the beach for some well-deserved R&R. A week later, he was back in the gym working harder than ever.

“I went to Cancun with four of my friends right when the season ended but that’s about it as far as trips go,” explained the 25-year-old forward. “I also went to New York City for three days with my buddies, which was a lot of fun and then I just enjoyed being in Montreal after the playoffs for a few days but then it was back to training.”

Dishing out a team-high 164 hits in the regular season and following it up by leading the way with 49 hits in the playoffs, Lapierre never shies away from punishing his body for the greater good. And the feisty forward is only adding more tricks up his sleeve this offseason.

“I’ve actually been training with [former Canadiens strength and conditioning coach] Scott Livingston at his studio all summer,” described the Saint-Leonard native. “We do all the normal stuff like power weights and everything, but I’ve also been doing some boxing with a trainer and I have a cycling coach who pushes me through different sprints and programs on this new program called PowerWatts on the bike.”

A far cry from last August when he was still recovering from ankle surgery at this time of year, Lapierre is spending the dog days of summer perfecting his technique and preparing for the season this time around.

I got back on the ice a while ago, skating and practicing with some other guys who are in town,” said Lapierre. “It’s really nice to get out there and get the legs going – as much as you train, nothing trains you to skate like actually skating. My ankle is healed 100% now, I’m feeling great and I’m just really excited for the season to get going.”

Im at the same place he is everyday through the summer!!! :lol: And he is SERIOUSLY really good!!! Its soo much different from watching him on tv!! Judging by what i've seen during the summer, im pretty optomistic that he'll get 20 goals!!

Im at the same place he is everyday through the summer!!! :lol: And he is SERIOUSLY really good!!! Its soo much different from watching him on tv!! Judging by what i've seen during the summer, im pretty optomistic that he'll get 20 goals!!

Hope your right! When he is on his game he is nice to watch and an asset

During last playoffs and the season before we saw how awesome he is and what a big piece of the Habs puzzle he can be. Last regular season though.....not at all. Almost invisible (an pretty sure he was playing injured).

I love this guy...and will repeat myself but happy my wife got his jersey way too big for her. :lol: Now gotta convince her not to have him "personalize" it when she gets him to sign it. :mellow:

I doubt it. I believe he's taken boxing lessons before. :rolleyes:

Haha. Its not that boxing lessons would really help you with on-ice fights anyway, unless he was taking lessons with his skates on. Boxing will however continue to help his (already pretty good) endurance, which is never a bad thing.

Nothing really new but still a nice feature: http://nhlpa.com/News/Headlines/9637A3E9-D...py-As-They-Come

In late 2007, he was recalled to the Canadiens and has been playing ever since as a third and fourth line centre. Lapierre notched a Gordie Howe hat trick (goal, assist and fight) against the New York Rangers on December 4, 2008. Later in the season, on December 29, 2008, in a game against the Florida Panthers, Lapierre recorded his first career NHL hat trick.

I was at the game for both events. Maybe I'll be there again when he scores his 20th this season :lol: