The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Maxim Lapierre

The way Max has played it isn't outrageous to suggest that 20 goals is a possibility, I too would love to be there to watch .

True, true. ;) I was a huge critic of Max last season, but his play-off performance exceeded expectations, IMO. I have mentioned before that, if given the opportunity, he may have the size and hands to make a home for himself in front of the net on the powerplay. We've been lacking a consistent net presence for years... Maybe Max has it in him.

True, true. ;) I was a huge critic of Max last season, but his play-off performance exceeded expectations, IMO. I have mentioned before that, if given the opportunity, he may have the size and hands to make a home for himself in front of the net on the powerplay. We've been lacking a consistent net presence for years... Maybe Max has it in him.

Best case scenario he could become a lesser version of Alex Burrows, though it's probably a long shot.

Best case scenario he could become a lesser version of Alex Burrows, though it's probably a long shot.

I didn't think Lapierre would still be playing for the Habs a couple of years ago.So he's really shocked me the way he keeps taking his game to a different level, I can't wait to see what he has in store for the opposition this year.Max hasn't had linemates like the Sedin's even for a couple of games,so my thought is his game is probably ahead of Burrows already.

I didn't think Lapierre would still be playing for the Habs a couple of years ago.So he's really shocked me the way he keeps taking his game to a different level, I can't wait to see what he has in store for the opposition this year.Max hasn't had linemates like the Sedin's even for a couple of games,so my thought is his game is probably ahead of Burrows already.

Mind you I may be a little less objective than others. Go Max Go!

• 2 weeks later...
he should see alot more playing time and i would be dissapointed if didnt

With his play during the playoffs Max proved to me he could be a key component for the Habs going forward. I too would like to see him be rewarded with additional ice-time as well as greater committment from the coaching staff in terms of positive support defining his role.

Apparently he's being interviewed on the Team 990 today, though I missed it. I'm also all happy 'cause I scored an autographed Mad Max ball cap! He played golf at my Dad's course this summer, and while Dad is a Sens fan (I know! I know!) he did cave and hook me up. Max is a swell guy, putting up with a lot of Habs fans constantly interrupting his golf game to sign autographs.

If he brings half the effort and zeal of the playoffs to the regular season, I'll be happy with Lappy. ;)

With his play during the playoffs Max proved to me he could be a key component for the Habs going forward. I too would like to see him be rewarded with additional ice-time as well as greater committment from the coaching staff in terms of positive support defining his role.

yes i posted on another page that lappy should center the thirrd line and wing on the second line from time to time and i would like to see him on the powerplay anything that would give him more icetime

yes i posted on another page that lappy should center the thirrd line and wing on the second line from time to time and i would like to see him on the powerplay anything that would give him more icetime

Actually I think Lapierre is a better right winger than he is a center (IMO)... and yes I too believe he could produce on a line with Plekanec and Cammalleri for example and powerplay if he is given an extended and fair chance. But perhaps he has a greater value for the team playing on the third line as I believe neither A. Kostitsyn or Pouliot would provide the same effort there. I would think that Eller could be the center on the third line with either Boyd or Moen playing the left wing.

Actually I think Lapierre is a better right winger than he is a center (IMO)... and yes I too believe he could produce on a line with Plekanec and Cammalleri for example and powerplay if he is given an extended and fair chance. But perhaps he has a greater value for the team playing on the third line as I believe neither A. Kostitsyn or Pouliot would provide the same effort there. I would think that Eller could be the center on the third line with either Boyd or Moen playing the left wing.

I would rather have pyatt or moen playing the left wing rather than boyd.

• 3 weeks later...

PRESS RELEASE

MONTREAL --The recipient of the Jean Béliveau trophy for the 2009-10 season will be honored during a ceremony prior to the game between the Florida Panthers and the Montreal Canadiens at the Bell Centre tonight. For the occasion, Canadiens legend and Hall-of-Famer Jean Béliveau will be presenting the award to forward Maxim Lapierre for his charitable endeavors and involvement in the community.

The selection committee, comprised of members of the Board of directors of the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation, evaluated the candidates according to the effort, enthusiasm, implication and time invested in both collective and personal initiatives. Each nominee was also evaluated on his commitment, leadership and financial assistance to the causes close to his heart.

Maxim’s efforts in the community are particularly felt with the youth in need throughout the province of Quebec. Ever since he joined the NHL, Maxim has been adamant when it comes to supporting charitable organizations with a generous heart. Maxim responds in spontaneity whenever touched by an opportunity to partner with community groups and individuals in need. His motivation comes from the opportunity to be a positive role model for Quebec’s youth. He is motivated to give back to the community and strives to make a difference.

His contribution comes in part from his annual golf tournament which benefits the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation. In 2010, the 2nd edition of the Maxim Lapierre Tournament raised $50,000.

For the past two seasons, Maxim has been the spokesperson for the Canadiens game day lottery lending his name to the popular initiative in support of the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation. This year, Maxim accepted to be the spokesperson for the Riverside School Board campaign against bullying and violence at school and on the school bus.

The Jean Béliveau trophy is awarded annually to the Canadiens player who best exemplifies leadership qualities in the community. In honor of Jean Béliveau’s devotion, attentiveness and commitment to the community, the award is accompanied by a $25,000 grant from the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation which Maxim will remit to organization of his choice.

The Montreal Canadiens are proud to contribute to Montreal and Quebec’s heritage not only through their on-ice accomplishments, but also their commitment to the community. Accessibility, authenticity, generosity, commitment and team spirit are the values cherished by all members of the organization as they unite their efforts to make a difference for the present and the future.