The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Maxim Lapierre

I'm all about a Habs win, and I don't really care what Max gets up to... :unsure: But I can imagine he's continuing to make himself lots of enemies league wide by pretending to drop the gloves like he did with Talbot. Going as far as to shake his hands as if they were about to come off. Maxim walks a fine line. It would, IMO, be cooler to see him stay on the slightly respectable side a little more.

I agree I really do not want a player likened to Avery on the habs. If you are gonna shake man up and do take them off. i did think he played better in against Toronto than I can remember in most games last year

I agree I really do not want a player likened to Avery on the habs. If you are gonna shake man up and do take them off. i did think he played better in against Toronto than I can remember in most games last year

I just wish he would say, "No," instead of saying, "Yes," and them faking dropping his gloves. I suppose, at the end of the day, he got what he deserved for drawing the powerplay... A couple of smacks in the head from Talbot. If he's willing to take a few punches for a powerplay, so be it. I hope it doesn't become a regular thing, though. <_<

you may hate him....but you can be sure almost everyone in the league hates him even more

and that kinda means hes doing his job to a T

max aint a fighter, hes there to throw hits, forecheck like crazy, put up some points here and there and make everyone hate his guts and be a distraction to the other team.

Still an embarassment. I don't even see the hate, most players just think he's a joke. He gets in a fight with Comrie????????? and doesn't throw a punch?????? LMAO and then does the fake glove drop on Talbot?????? What a ****

Still an embarassment. I don't even see the hate, most players just think he's a joke. He gets in a fight with Comrie????????? and doesn't throw a punch?????? LMAO and then does the fake glove drop on Talbot?????? What a ****

you are not a real Habs fan.

Oh wait there are players on this team I am not a fan of. :lol:

Lapierre is awesome and hope he stays for at least another season when this one is over. He is doing his job and doing it very well. ;)

you are not a real Habs fan.

Oh wait there are players on this team I am not a fan of. :lol:

Lapierre is awesome and hope he stays for at least another season when this one is over. He is doing his job and doing it very well. ;)

LOL... i don't think there is a player I have despised more in my 35 years of cheering for this team.

I love Lapierre. I think he does his job well, and when he's on his game, he's very effective at drawing penalties, getting guys off their game, and bringing energy to the line-up. I understand why teams hate to play against him and why other team's fans hate him, but that's part of the territory. The wya I see it, you have two types of agitators. The first is a group that includes players like Lapierre and Sean Avery, guys who get the other team riled up and who might chicken out on a fight, but who aren't really dirty players. They don't go hacking at opponents with their sticks, they aren't looking to injure anyone on purpose, etc. The second type of agitator is the guy who does the yapping but also looks to get cheap shots in and then shirks away. This would be someone like a Jarrko Ruutu or a Claude Lemieux. This is the type of agitator that needs to be weaseled out of the game. It's one thing to yap and annoy other guys, my opinion is that if you're good at it then go ahead. I don't care for the guys who legitimately lack respect for their opponents though, and who, for example, hack an opponent on the ankle or wrist repeatedly behind the ref's back until the other guy retaliates and gets a penalty. That's more dangerous and cowardly. I think it's important to make the distinction, and as long as a guy like Lapierre doesn't cross that line, I'm all for what he's doing.

At least Lapierre is a pretty decent guy off the ice.... unlike Avery who would go on and make a fuss with the media. lol

+40 to the guy above me. Now, if Cooke were to play for Montreal.... Now I'd be pissed :lol:

LOL... i don't think there is a player I have despised more in my 35 years of cheering for this team.

ARE YOU KIDDING I LOVE LAPPY look at my sig..... lappy is the man the best at what he does.... i dunno how you can say that i really dont i love lappy...

and lappy made a smart move not fighting.... he got us a powerplay when we were down no sense in fighting talbot..

really? well if you don't like him on the ice I guess the only thing that could change your mind is if you ever get a chance to meet him. Like somoen said...he is an awesome guy off the ice (really great to the fans).

In the meantime I hope he continues to be the pest most of us love.....Go Lapierre!!

really? well if you don't like him on the ice I guess the only thing that could change your mind is if you ever get a chance to meet him. Like somoen said...he is an awesome guy off the ice (really great to the fans).

In the meantime I hope he continues to be the pest most of us love.....Go Lapierre!!

Yeah, Darcy Tucker was a nice guy off the ice too, still couldn't stand him LOL

I think he`s lucky if he doesn`t get a suspension for that hit on Downie.

Maybe he`ll luck out since they didn`t toss him from the game.

Stupid play though.

I get a laugh out of him, but I see why some Hab fans don`t like him, and the fans of all other teams hate him.

He`s basically the Ken ( The Rat ) Linesman of this era.

Enough with the dirty plays.

+1.

Someone's going to get hurt, and that someone could even be someone on our team in a retaliation sort of thing. If nothing else, that 5 minute major could have been very costly.

Edit: Not that it really matters which team if someone does get hurt though. I like Lapierre most of the time, but I hate to see that sort of thing.

Meh wasnt all that dirty....

Wasnt much of a hit, was more of a push, downie went into that postion himself, and then laps nudged him, they werent going fast.

I hope he doesnt get suspended

It wasn't super dirty but it was dirty. Downie was going for the puck straight toward the boards and Laps helped him into the boards++ with a crosscheck. This is the kind of play where guys can really get badly hurt and worse, where kids might learn to emulate the NHL players.

He doesn't deserve a suspension but a cuff upside the melon would be warrented as this was a selfish play that fortunately didn't lead to a PPG. The only positive I can say is that if this type of play had to happen at least Downie was the recipient as he has dished out too many dirty similar hits in his short career.

Apart from this one play Laps played great tonight.

Meh wasnt all that dirty....

Wasnt much of a hit, was more of a push, downie went into that postion himself, and then laps nudged him, they werent going fast.

I hope he doesnt get suspended

It wasn't violent, but it was certainly dirty. You can absolutely crush someone with a big open-ice hit, even to the point where it takes the guy out of the game, but that still doesn't make it a dirty hit. It's not just about how hard you hit them.

Yes is was just a "push", but that push was to the back of an off-balance player that sent his head crashing into the boards. It's dangerous, pure and simple, and it doens't matter if it was just a 'nudge'. I think we'd be singing am different tune if Downie had done that to Pleky.

I think it should of just been a 2 minute cross checking not a major. He didn't leave his feet it wasn't meant to injury , the position of the player and his stance was most of the hit. It wasn't a charge. If there is a suspension then IMO Ovie could be suspended on most givin nights.

It might have been meant to injure.

He and Downie had been in a scrum together and took roughing penalties only minutes earlier.

We'll never know though.