Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fourtrax

Tom Pyatt

176 posts in this topic

Pyatt has also shown some promise on wing, especially... on the penalty kill.

I don't know what I am basing this on but i just have this gut feeling that he is gonna hit 20+ points this season. He's gonna play his heart out and then some.

I think a few of the RFAs received paycuts, didn't they? Mathieu Carle was another one (although he has not made the big club yet). Either way, I guess Tom doesn't mind playing for $500K as long as it's in the NHL! :D

Dude, 500k is like enough to live comfortably for 9 years lol.

In my mind, anyone asking for over a million is greedy ;)

Pyatt's a good kid then. :P

haha :P He's probably just happy he gets to play for a team like montreal :P

As would I, if I were him.

I found it quite interesting that Pyatt accepted a considerable pay cut from last year to stick around with the big club.

I would've accepted a pay cut if I were given 1 way contract to play as Hab for the whole season. 500k isn't much of a pay cut, he'll make more than he did last season which was a 2 way deal 65k while he was playing in Hamilton half of the season. It's more like a guaranteed 500k even if he was sent to AHL which I don't think he'll be sent at all.

I think Pyatt is gonna put up more points this season, he got alot of confidence by those late season scoring.

Curious to see what ppl project Tom Pyatt to be??

To me Tom Pyatt is very very similar to Richard Park, and if he can have that type of career he will be an awesome third line play for the habs, Park consistently put up 25-35 points for about the last eight years.

I see Pyatt putting about around 20 pts this season (8g 12a) and building on that next year. All while playing first pk unit with Halpern.

I think Lapierre and Moen will make a great second pk unit and then if Halpern and Pyatt are not fresh Pleks and Gionta can come on to kill that last little bit, regardless I see pleks' PK time significantly reduced thanks to Halpern and Pyatt.

Thoughts?

From Habs website:

Major Tom: Under the radar at his first Habs camp a year ago, Pyatt is anything but an unknown this year. Arguably the strongest skater on both sides not named Maxim Lapierre or P.K. Subban, Pyatt helped open the scoring by setting up Desharnais’ goal before banging home a Lapierre rebound for a goal of his own.

“I’m feeling good, better each day. We all work hard in the summer, but you don’t get this type of intensity until you’re at camp,” said Pyatt, who skated on a line with Lapierre and Desharnais. “I think our line worked well. Speed is our game and we used it. I feel faster and stronger than last year, I know that much.”

Edited by klacour

From Habs website:

Major Tom: Under the radar at his first Habs camp a year ago, Pyatt is anything but an unknown this year. Arguably the strongest skater on both sides not named Maxim Lapierre or P.K. Subban, Pyatt helped open the scoring by setting up Desharnais’ goal before banging home a Lapierre rebound for a goal of his own.

“I’m feeling good, better each day. We all work hard in the summer, but you don’t get this type of intensity until you’re at camp,” said Pyatt, who skated on a line with Lapierre and Desharnais. “I think our line worked well. Speed is our game and we used it. I feel faster and stronger than last year, I know that much.”

I really would like to this line this season :lol:

I really would like to this line this season :lol:

Yes, that would be a good energy / hard work line but would lack a bit of muscle - would depend on who the opponents were, I guess. Horses for courses, as we say over here.

Curious to see what ppl project Tom Pyatt to be??

To me Tom Pyatt is very very similar to Richard Park, and if he can have that type of career he will be an awesome third line play for the habs, Park consistently put up 25-35 points for about the last eight years.

I see Pyatt putting about around 20 pts this season (8g 12a) and building on that next year. All while playing first pk unit with Halpern.

I think Lapierre and Moen will make a great second pk unit and then if Halpern and Pyatt are not fresh Pleks and Gionta can come on to kill that last little bit, regardless I see pleks' PK time significantly reduced thanks to Halpern and Pyatt.

Thoughts?

Richard Park...yes! Actually that is a great player to compare Pyatt to.

Yes, that would be a good energy / hard work line but would lack a bit of muscle - would depend on who the opponents were, I guess. Horses for courses, as we say over here.

I would like that line as well, as long as pyatt and lapierre stay together ! good things started happening when they play :P and i wouldnt mind seeing eller fill in on that line in the middle :P

Pyatt will never be a 50 goal scorer, still, I really like this kid... Really works his butt off and was even rewarded with a few goals last season.

His hard work is paying off, hope to see him full time this season.

G'luck Tom, don't give up, your hard work is paying off.

I don't think the kid will ever be top 6, but I think he definately has more offensive upside than we give him credit for. In his time with the Dogs last year, he threw up 35 pts in 41 games. Not too shabby for a defensive player.

I think a few of the RFAs received paycuts, didn't they? Mathieu Carle was another one (although he has not made the big club yet). Either way, I guess Tom doesn't mind playing for $500K as long as it's in the NHL! :D

Tom still needs to prove him self and he has no power given his RFA status = $500K/year

I do think that Pyatt could be a third-liner, penalty killer if Eller or Pacioretty were moved up.

Pyatt may become a 3rd liner one day but right night he is a good 4thliner wth PK duties. I think one day he will be worthy of 3rd line duty. Speed to burn!!!!

Pyatt could most likely be the 4th line center I would think... Pouliot and/or Kostitsyn would have to faulter big-time for anyone to be given a shot on one of the top two lines. Eller will be the third line center I think, with Lapierre playing right wing... question still remains who of Travis Moen or Dustin Boyd gets the left wing spot.

I think one of the two - Pouliot and AK will stink and Eller will get his chance on the top 2 lines.

That won't impact Pyatt postion since he is not ready for 3rd line centre yet

I don't think the kid will ever be top 6, but I think he definately has more offensive upside than we give him credit for. In his time with the Dogs last year, he threw up 35 pts in 41 games. Not too shabby for a defensive player.

I agree. Last year was his first year and he focused on defense because that is what the coached wanted. With a bit of maturity and experience he will be a more complete player with some good upside for a 3rd liner

I'd just be happy to be in the NHL in general... okay maybe not Toronto. :lol:

I like this kid a lot. His PK time last year was amazing for a young player. I still have visions of him breaking up passes.

hes a good solid player all around but a lil speed wouldnt hurt him i agree!

Pyatt was one pleasant surprise I had know idea he was that good when Gainey traded for him, I wish we signed his brother Taylor as well, he's playing great for Phoenix.

Pyatt can really play

I am glad he's here to stay

A great all round player he's going to be

I am right about that wait and see

He could practice skating get up some speed

That is the only thing we need

He has the Pleks attitude

Which I see with gratitude

Hard work is what he shows

Take it from someone who knows

That is what will get him there

Pleks and him make a good pair

Yes I really like this lad

Hard work like that can't be bad

GO TOM GO :D :D

Needs a nickname too

Loved watching him in Hamilton - even better in Montreal!

Working with Boucher certainly didn't harm him either. Great attitude and work ethic!

Loved watching him in Hamilton - even better in Montreal!

Working with Boucher certainly didn't harm him either. Great attitude and work ethic!

And in the pressbox replaced by Darche ;)