The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Tom Pyatt

How I wish Tom was a much bigger player like his brother... he's having a tough season so far IMO. Like Lapierre the center position is a definite question mark on the 4th line at this point. Boyd is not the answer and though Eller has looked good at times he is still out of sync with the speed of the NHL IMO.

How I wish Tom was a much bigger player like his brother... he's having a tough season so far IMO. Like Lapierre the center position is a definite question mark on the 4th line at this point. Boyd is not the answer and though Eller has looked good at times he is still out of sync with the speed of the NHL IMO.

Ill have to disagree. While Pyatt hasn't been contributing on the scoresheet I think hes been playing well. Hes solid defensively and works his but off in the corners. Hes also excellent on the PK and has really good speed. I am more than happy with Pyatt on the 4th line.

Ill have to disagree. While Pyatt hasn't been contributing on the scoresheet I think hes been playing well. Hes solid defensively and works his but off in the corners. Hes also excellent on the PK and has really good speed. I am more than happy with Pyatt on the 4th line.

I think you've misread me... the reason for his struggles are those playing the center position on the 4th line (Mostly Boyd and to some extent Eller). Not so much Pyatt who plays the wing most nights.

• 2 weeks later...

Pyatt can never be accused of (not) giving his all every time he's played as a matter of fact it seems to me each player who has sat out really brings their game when they get their next chance.The competition can only make the team better in the long run.

He is definitely a hard worker that compliments the line he plays on very well... his worst performances were with Boyd IMO. Since Boyd has been out of the line-up his play has improved.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I like ya tommy but you aren't seeing a lot of ice or any lately. I think it would be best for him to go back down to hamilton to work on his shooting.

Might as well, I believe hes on a two way contract so i don't see the harm considering boyd had success down there as well...but if they call up White for a few games after the break and send him back down they may give Pyatt a few more games.

I really like him he works hard every game.

Might as well, I believe hes on a two way contract so i don't see the harm considering boyd had success down there as well...but if they call up White for a few games after the break and send him back down they may give Pyatt a few more games.

I really like him he works hard every game.

same here

Just looked into it and we'd have to put him on waivers to send him down and call him up from Hamilton, Im not sure if its worth the risk as Im sure 1 or 2 teams would want a hard working bottom 6 player who can contribute offensively from time to time.

http://habsprospects.hockeyhq.net/

Actually, that's true. I didn't realize that before but because Pyatt is no longer on his entry level deal and has played more than 60 NHL games at the age of 23, he is now subject to waivers. In that case, makes it difficult to justify sending him down right now... nonetheless, I would still think about keeping White in the line-up and using Pyatt as the 13th forward.

I wont lose any sleep over 4th line guys but I'm still wondering what Pyatt has that Lapierre doesn't

Pyatt's a better skater but Lapierre was more physical, could score sometimes, and brought more energy. I would have taken Laps over Pyatt any day, but Pyatt is also cheaper and didn't ask for a trade. Ultiamtely, I don't see Pyatt having any kind of an impact long-term so long as he can't produce any offence. even a 4th line player needs to be able to put up 15-20 points a year.

Pyatt's a better skater but Lapierre was more physical, could score sometimes, and brought more energy. I would have taken Laps over Pyatt any day, but Pyatt is also cheaper and didn't ask for a trade. Ultiamtely, I don't see Pyatt having any kind of an impact long-term so long as he can't produce any offence. even a 4th line player needs to be able to put up 15-20 points a year.

Lapierre asking for a trade was the result of not having the favor over Pyatt, not the cause

I think when the Habs traded O'Byrne and got Michael Bournival,Lapierre's days were numbered.

How? Bournival isn't even on an entry level, we still have a few years before he has a shot at our line-up, unless you mean they wanted room for players like Maxwell, White, Conboy who should soon be ready to crack our lineup to get some time.

Lapierre asking for a trade was the result of not having the favor over Pyatt, not the cause

Yes and no. Lapierre lost his PK time to a number of players, including Pyatt. I think there was still room for both of them in the line-up, and it doesn't seem as though Pyatt has necessarily won himself a spot even with Laps gone. I think one of the other issues for Laps was also that he lost his center ice spot, an issue independent of Pyatt. If you ask me, the signing of Halpern was what led to Laps' departure more than any other move.