The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Tom Pyatt

Yes and no. Lapierre lost his PK time to a number of players, including Pyatt. I think there was still room for both of them in the line-up, and it doesn't seem as though Pyatt has necessarily won himself a spot even with Laps gone. I think one of the other issues for Laps was also that he lost his center ice spot, an issue independent of Pyatt. If you ask me, the signing of Halpern was what led to Laps' departure more than any other move.

I was iffy on that signing, but didn't we have Metro and Moore in the bottom 6 last year? how did that work then.....anyway its getting kinda off topic

Hope you hit your stride soon Pyatt look forward to seeing him play once the NHL comes back from this break

I was iffy on that signing, but didn't we have Metro and Moore in the bottom 6 last year? how did that work then.....anyway its getting kinda off topic

Hope you hit your stride soon Pyatt look forward to seeing him play once the NHL comes back from this break

I was also iffy on Halpern too, and while he's cooled off considerably since his hot start (also partly due tot he fact he's not playing with Pouliot and Darche any more - two guys who have made every centreman they've played with this year look good), Halpern has been very good on the PK and in the circle. We knew that when Halpern was signed that there would be fewer chances for guys like Laps or Pyatt or White to play here. Pyatt's done a decent job, but he hasn't shown any kind of offensive prowess and I don't know that he's done enough to keep himself in the line-up just based on his defensive play. Once Cammalleri is back in the top 6, it doesn't leave too many spots open in the bottom 6. We'd have to assume Pouliot, Darche, Halpern, and Moen are going to stay in every night, so it leaves Pyatt, Eller, Desharnais, and maybe White playing for those last two spots, and Eller and DD seem to have the edge over Pyatt for the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Took that beating like a champ though.

Well, what else can you do? Turtle? :unsure: Pyatt sure stood in there and took a beating, but the question becomes... How did Montreal get so far away from their game to have this end up being a game of fisticuffs in which Pyatt got slaughtered by Campbell to end the game? The important lesson here is to play your game, not their's. Otherwise things like this are going to happen to us against the Bruins. Perhaps next game we should consider adding some muscle to the lineup.

Well, what else can you do? Turtle? :unsure: Pyatt sure stood in there and took a beating, but the question becomes... How did Montreal get so far away from their game to have this end up being a game of fisticuffs in which Pyatt got slaughtered by Campbell to end the game? The important lesson here is to play your game, not their's. Otherwise things like this are going to happen to us against the Bruins. Perhaps next game we should consider adding some muscle to the lineup.

BTW... check out the post game... Campbell didn't even get a penalty. Pyatt did :lol: imagine that. How is that possible? Right (can we forget?)... Colin Campbell's son has to be protected.

BTW... check out the post game... Campbell didn't even get a penalty. Pyatt did :lol: imagine that. How is that possible? Right (can we forget?)... Colin Campbell's son has to be protected.

Im pretty sure NHL.com just doesn't have the right updates for penalties in their system. I'm sure Campbell ended up getting a penalty as well as a misconduct for fighting with the elbow pad loose. What bothers me is that Campbell kept going for, like... 10 bloody punches knowing full well that his elbow pad was being used as a weapon. That, IMO, is disgusting behaviour.

Im pretty sure NHL.com just doesn't have the right updates for penalties in their system. I'm sure Campbell ended up getting a penalty as well as a misconduct for fighting with the elbow pad loose. What bothers me is that Campbell kept going for, like... 10 bloody punches knowing full well that his elbow pad was being used as a weapon. That, IMO, is disgusting behaviour.

Pretty sure? Another example of how incompetent the NHL is if that is the case... how is that possible? (No excuses IMO!) Its disgusting officiating that let the game get out of hand... period. BUSH LEAGUE!!!

I'll check it out later and let you know ;)

Lost all respect for Campbell. Sad to see Pyatt bleeding (kind of goes with the season he is having). :huh:

Just another tool who goes after guys who are much, much smaller than he is. Then he proceeds to pound someone using his equipment as a weapon. I remember Souray did that to someone once during his time in Montreal. On ice, immediately afterward, he apologized to the guy for giving him one or two shots with elbow pad. Campbell stands there pretending he's tough and using it as a weapon for about 10 punches. I honestly hope he gets injured and misses the remainder of the season, somehow.

Just another tool who goes after guys who are much, much smaller than he is. Then he proceeds to pound someone using his equipment as a weapon. I remember Souray did that to someone once during his time in Montreal. On ice, immediately afterward, he apologized to the guy for giving him one or two shots with elbow pad. Campbell stands there pretending he's tough and using it as a weapon for about 10 punches. I honestly hope he gets injured and misses the remainder of the season, somehow.

For curiosity's sake, how do you know he was actually intentionally punching Pyatt with the elbow pad? I watched the video a few times and you really can't see it. Not trying to defend Campbell here, I just don't know if it's conclusive that he did that on purpose.

Also, whatever the case is with Campbell, whether that was dirty or not, wishing season ending injury on a player isn't cool. Pyatt came out of that fight looking pretty tenderized, but he's still in one piece.

For curiosity's sake, how do you know he was actually intentionally punching Pyatt with the elbow pad? I watched the video a few times and you really can't see it. Not trying to defend Campbell here, I just don't know if it's conclusive that he did that on purpose.

Also, whatever the case is with Campbell, whether that was dirty or not, wishing season ending injury on a player isn't cool. Pyatt came out of that fight looking pretty tenderized, but he's still in one piece.

For me, it has nothing to do with being on purpose or not. If Campbell didn't realize his elbow pad was smashing Pyatt in the face to either switch hands or resist the urge to brutalize someone's face with his equipment then he's a moron. The league talks about respect and what would have been respectful would for Campbell to have NOT smashed him in the face with his loose elbow pad. It's not like Pyatt was a match for him. He could easily have stopped punching, shook of his elbow pad, and then continued with the fisticuffs. There was no need to just smash away like he did.

Seriously, how can you NOT notice that you're punching someone in the face with your freaking elbow pad? I'm all for presumption of innocence but c'mon now.

For me, it has nothing to do with being on purpose or not. If Campbell didn't realize his elbow pad was smashing Pyatt in the face to either switch hands or resist the urge to brutalize someone's face with his equipment then he's a moron. The league talks about respect and what would have been respectful would for Campbell to have NOT smashed him in the face with his loose elbow pad. It's not like Pyatt was a match for him. He could easily have stopped punching, shook of his elbow pad, and then continued with the fisticuffs. There was no need to just smash away like he did.

But what I mean is how do we even know the elbow pad was touching Pyatt's face? His sleeve was completely covering it. If what your saying is true, however, I would hope Pyatt let JM know and something is brought up about it. I don't want to see Campbell getting away with crap just because his daddy is in HO.

But what I mean is how do we even know the elbow pad was touching Pyatt's face? His sleeve was completely covering it. If what your saying is true, however, I would hope Pyatt let JM know and something is brought up about it. I don't want to see Campbell getting away with crap just because his daddy is in HO.

Well they showed JM chasing down the refs in the hall after the game and talking to them, so it could be related to that or it could be related to Boston being idiots in general in the last minute of the game.

The cuts that Pyatt had on his face are definitely not from a fist.

The cuts that Pyatt had on his face are definitely not from a fist.

Yes, elbow pads are not what they used to be (Gretzky's).

I really like what I see of the person, Pyatt. Love his speed. My respect for him just grew some more; he could have turtled or gone down but he stayed in the fight that he was clearly losing.

I just wish he had more to bring to his game, than his speed. Hopefully, he'll get there.