The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Tom Pyatt

As difficult a stretch as Benny's going through, we'll need him going forward. We can't ask Weber, Pyatt, Moen, and White to contribute offence and once we hit a game where neither of the top two lines produces, we'll need someone else to step it up. That could be Eller or DD or it could be Pouliot. The kid just has to learn the right way to play under pressure and if the goal is to make a Cup run, that has to be with the guys who are supposed to be there. Maybe you sit Benny for one game, but after that, I think you need to come back to him and stick it out. I'd really like to see Benny put back with Halpern on the other wing and Eller in the middle. They have chemistry and I think that may be a key to getting him going again. I'd keep Pyatt with DD and White.

I see where you're coming from. If both Kostitsyn and Halpern come back, who sits? Weber and? My money's on Pouliot.

He didn't produce in last year's playoffs and his play so far doesn't make me believe it's gonna be any different this year. If he can't produce offensively, then just don't see any reason for him to be in the lineup. And it really seems like he's shying away from the physical play in comparison to the regular season.

I see where you're coming from. If both Kostitsyn and Halpern come back, who sits? Weber and? My money's on Pouliot.

He didn't produce in last year's playoffs and his play so far doesn't make me believe it's gonna be any different this year. If he can't produce offensively, then just don't see any reason for him to be in the lineup. And it really seems like he's shying away from the physical play in comparison to the regular season.

He is goalless in his last 26 games (24 regular season, 2 playoff) with only 6 assists over that span. Weber had so much jump in his step tonight and really provided a spark; he gelled nicely with Eller and Pyatt, and still gives us the option to slot him into D if we need to cut back on Subban's minutes.

Unless we're going to slot Pouliot up with Gomez and Gionta (don't see it happening, Moen's been too good on the forecheck), I'd prefer to see someone else there for now.

Strong defensive game. But has to one of the worst players near the blue paint. Should have had a goal last night. I would want a healthy Halpern over Pyatt. Thus allowing White to move back to wing. Might not be fair but I believe that defensively that Pyatt is not quite as good as Halpern. And Halpern would have the edge because he can play on the Pleks line or center the 4th line. And most importantly Halpern is our best face-off player. We nearly had two goals against right off lost face-offs. We need Halpern if he is healthy. Several fans figure Pouliot has to be put in the press box. Pouliot does not play very much and his game is dramatically different then Pyatt. Pouliot can score when he has a great chance while Pyatt must have caught whatever Gomez has.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

According to Renaud Lavoie, Tom Pyatt is still yet to receive a qualifying offer too, although there are still a few minutes left before the 5PM deadline. I expect we'll have to wait until a bit after 5PM to know who did and did not receive offers, but even though I don't see Pyatt as having much of a future here, I see no reason not to tender him and send him to the AHL if we have to later.

Now confirmed by Lavoie that Pyatt did not receive a QO and will become a UFA July 1st.

Well, this year wasn't as good as anyone hoped, I think even he knew that.

He never found the chemistry he had with lappy and moore. However I did notice he does turn it up a little in playoffs.

Best of luck Tom, it was good to have you with us.

A little surprised, but not disappointed. Tom wasn't an integral part of the club last season, and it could be argued that he under-performed in his minor role with the team.

Agreed. I think this was a move as much for the sake of Tom Pyatt - allowing him to go out and look for work elsewhere vs. getting press box duties with the Habs.

Best of luck, Tom, wherever you end up.

Agreed. I think this was a move as much for the sake of Tom Pyatt - allowing him to go out and look for work elsewhere vs. getting press box duties with the Habs.

Best of luck, Tom, wherever you end up.

I think well at his job and worked hard, but other comparable players bring another element to the table, be it more offense or more physicality.

Maybe he'll get the chance to go play with his brother. Phoenix can sign him cheap and work in a $6M bonus if he scores 30 goals to bump up his cap hit. :P

A lil sad to see him go, hard worker with a lot of heart. But, he is a 3rd/4th liner, the league is full of these type of players... Hopefully we'll get a replacement with some size.

Also a lil surprised to see Pyatt go, but like suggested by Jed, it's probably in his best interest. I'm not surprised about Pouliot or Picard, but Pyatt does surprise me a bit... BG was intent on acquiring him in the gomez deal. But that was BGand this is PG's team now.

Just realized he has a chance of being reunited with Domenic Moore

Yes he had something going there,I really hope he succeeds I really liked him,I must admit I like his brother too,,I think they are both game boys, hard working and a bit of talent though I think that neither has come up to potential.

GO HABS GO :lol: :lol:

Yes he had something going there,I really hope he succeeds I really liked him,I must admit I like his brother too,,I think they are both game boys, hard working and a bit of talent though I think that neither has come up to potential.

GO HABS GO :lol: :lol:

I liked him. Unfortunately, I think that the style of game he plays does not match his physical side. He is good on the PK, and can skate, but he can't hit or play physically.

Best of luck with Guy Boucher and Domenic moore, hopefully you find your offensive touch in Tampa again Tommy

*I called Ryan OB Bryan, now Im calling tommy Ryan I think I need to go to sleep :lol: :lol: