Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fourtrax

Alex Auld

185 posts in this topic

Weep, can't you see that the Price thread is becoming so big and powerful that it's swallowing up less power threads for nourishment? There is no Auld thread. Soon the whole forum will be 1 big Price thread.

:lol:

The only hope is for batman to sign up on this forum and backseat moderate while providing some vigilante justice.

Is it sad that I immediately thought of a Markov joke before I saw that CRB had beaten me to the punch? :P

Is it sad that I immediately thought of a Markov joke before I saw that CRB had beaten me to the punch? :P

it's not sad, it just means that we all know who is really wearing the batsuit ;)

what is sad though is that it's tough to stay on topic in the players threads without any new stuff happening... oh well... only a bit over a month to wait...

As for Auld, i think he'll play 30-35 games and will be consistently average. I'm sure he'll do his best and if the skaters in front of him do the same, we'll be fine.

His base salary was 850,000, but with bonuses, he earned 2.2 million. Thus, he arrogantly believe that he deserves a raise on the 2.2 million, as opposed to the 850,000. He has the team by the balls - they traded away a playoff hero to make him the starter. He and his agent know that Montreal's options are to either sign him or to go into the season with Auld as the starter. Just a long list in the ways that Montreal has screwed up the goalie situation for the last 4 years.

Well that all depends on the length of the contract. Im quite sure price has no trouble signing a 1 year 2.2 deal. The problem is if Montreal are trying to sign him to a 4 year deal at 2.4M/yr, He and most others know that in a year or 2 help will most likely be worth double that.

Would you lock yourself into a long term contract knowing full well there is a very good chance you could make upwards of double your salary half way through your contract?

Well that all depends on the length of the contract. Im quite sure price has no trouble signing a 1 year 2.2 deal. The problem is if Montreal are trying to sign him to a 4 year deal at 2.4M/yr, He and most others know that in a year or 2 help will most likely be worth double that.

Would you lock yourself into a long term contract knowing full well there is a very good chance you could make upwards of double your salary half way through your contract?

Probably not, though I'm not in his situation and I'm looking at it from an outsiders point of view. I'd be happy with league minimum salary to be honest. 500k isnt chump change. Besides lower cap hit team can sign better players. I have a better chance of winning the cup, which would be my ultimate goal. But yeah, if i knew i could make 4 million a year, i'd probably take a risk and try and get finacial security. It would take me ages to decide what i want :P. 2.5 million for 2 seasons then 3.5 for the next three. I would do that idk just seems like it would give him financial security, still be getting a good increase in salary. and will have made 12 million in like4 years. Though I'm still learning all about hockey so correct me if im wrong : )

also to make this somewhat on topic. Good Luck Auld.

Edited by Nine1One

Concerning the whole Batman thing...

T.O + OchoCinko or whatever his name is... They play for the Nfl Bengals Team, Anyways they Are actually Calling themselves BatMan + Robin, and making references of the Bat Cave and all of that... I saw them last night before the football game.. Pretty funny

T.O + OchoCinko or whatever his name is... They play for the Nfl Bengals Team, Anyways they Are actually Calling themselves BatMan + Robin, and making references of the Bat Cave and all of that... I saw them last night before the football game.. Pretty funny

How dare they! :angry:;):D

How dare they! :angry:;):D

ya, frauds!

Weep, can't you see that the Price thread is becoming so big and powerful that it's swallowing up less power threads for nourishment? There is no Auld thread. Soon the whole forum will be 1 big Price thread.

Or rather, he swallows up goalie threads.

Good luck, our back-up, giant-sized goalie!

Auld... A career back up who does his job. Nothing special, can come in and hold down the fort, but don't expect him to hold up long term in case of injury.

If price stays healthy(and signs) and has a good season, Auld will be there to give carey some rest. Like I said before, nothing special... If he was, he'd be a starter. We got what we went after, a career back up with experience.

glad we got someone who knows his stuff can play a share of games and mentor Price...rather have had Biron but probly got a cheaper option here..least i think i cant remember what either are making :lol:

i'll ask him if he can spare the time while nursing his recovering ACL da? ;)

I know people that know people that are like that.

I know people that know people that are like that.

like what? superheroes doing some backseat moderating online? :lol:

He's big

He's bald

He's Alex Auld

you know I am not actually sure.

That seems right though.

you know I am not actually sure.

That seems right though.

Wasn't it Panger?

It was definitely Panger. Pierre laughed at it too much afterwards. Yeah it was funny but he got a bit out of hand if u ask me lol

Wasn't it Panger?

Yeah and it was Pierre that almost died from laughter.

edit- I'm slow. :(

Edited by js2

Wow... Auld is already up to 4 pages. Impressive for a back up.

Wondering how many posts actually had to do with his on ice performance though.

I think I'm one of the only people who has posted to credit his on ice performance

but then again, how much of the Price thread is about his on ice performance?

I think auld will be a decent back up for us, he has played as a number 1 before hasnt he?

I think auld will be a decent back up for us, he has played as a number 1 before hasnt he?

Split with Gerber in 08/09 for Ottawa until the OTT-CBJ deal which had Leclaire go to OTT where he shared time with Elliot as backup

one year in vancouver he played like 60+ games.