Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fourtrax

Alex Auld

185 posts in this topic

Shouldn't the Montreal Goaltenders paint a picture of a big target on their mask........for the opposing teams & the boo-birds :lol:

GOLD :lol:

Shouldn't the Montreal Goaltenders paint a picture of a big target on their mask........for the opposing teams & the boo-birds :lol:

They could put a target on Prices back but they would have to remove the daggers 1st :P

They could put a target on Prices back but they would have to remove the daggers 1st :P

Touchee

Auld's mask is beautiful

Nice mask love the Roy throwback number logo type thing...wow i worded that brutal :lol: :lol:

I was at the Habs-Wild game when he started, but honestly I can't base much of an opinion on one preseason game. Rockin' mask, though!

Edited by Blockoman

Weak outing tonight. :( He had a good 1st period, but it all came undone because of penalty issues in combination with our atrocious penalty killing. It would have been nice to see Auld step up, as the season is just around the corner... Tonight's effort did nothing to convince me he will perform well backing up Carey.

Auld's mask is beautiful

good mask nice and retor paint job dont like the leaf though and whys it blue hahah?i know he didnt want it green but red woulda been better

Weak outing tonight. :( He had a good 1st period, but it all came undone because of penalty issues in combination with our atrocious penalty killing. It would have been nice to see Auld step up, as the season is just around the corner... Tonight's effort did nothing to convince me he will perform well backing up Carey.

I still think he'll be fine, JR, but I guess time will tell. He just needs to get into a groove & get a feel for how this team is playing in front of him.

hes a good back up not doubt there just dont expect him to halak...

hes a good back up not doubt there just dont expect him to halak...

That's exactly why they got him: because he wont challenge for the starting role.

That's exactly why they got him: because he wont challenge for the starting role.

Lol.

Lol.

Well, it's true. He was picked up to be a back-up and nothing else so there's no talk/distraction of a goalie battle.

Well, it's true. He was picked up to be a back-up and nothing else so there's no talk/distraction of a goalie battle.

Well the way he stated it seemed to allude to management trading away halak so price could have no contest the starters job and no one to push him or threaten his position...and that is not true.

i knew this already haha i was just stating that so i mean if price fails guys were done basically like its doubtful that Auld would even do Craig Anderson and that is come out of nowhere and amaze us

Well I hope you enjoy a good game in nets for the Habs, nothing like getting thrown into the fire. Good luck Alex I hope you win your first regular season game for the Habs.

Against Ottawa on Saturday?

That would be my guess. Although if Carey is on a roll (knock on wood), he may get both games considering it is still early in the season. I think Carey definately gets Friday night though.

Against Ottawa on Saturday?

He should definitely get one of the starts this weekend. I would throw him out against Buffalo, honestly. Let Carey take the Sens.

He should definitely get one of the starts this weekend. I would throw him out against Buffalo, honestly. Let Carey take the Sens.

again lets be real price can hold his own against buffalo...if the bruins could we can

I would send Carey out against the Sabres for sure. Road game, less pressure. If he feels well enough to go Saturday, I'd send him back out against the Sens too. We have a break after that for him to recover, but Price is supposed to be a number one this year and those are two divisional opponents. The number one should be in against both. Auld is not Halak and he is not a number one goalie or even a potential number one goalie. He is a career back-up and he should be called upon to rest Price in more stressful portions of the schedule during games against Western conference opponents. If Price is the guy this year, he needs to be in against our key rivals.

I would send Carey out against the Sabres for sure. Road game, less pressure. If he feels well enough to go Saturday, I'd send him back out against the Sens too. We have a break after that for him to recover, but Price is supposed to be a number one this year and those are two divisional opponents. The number one should be in against both. Auld is not Halak and he is not a number one goalie or even a potential number one goalie. He is a career back-up and he should be called upon to rest Price in more stressful portions of the schedule during games against Western conference opponents. If Price is the guy this year, he needs to be in against our key rivals.

well said i agree we cant put him agianst weak teams tehn when we make the playoffs be like oh what happened to price he did great in the regular season no auld plays 20 games max maybe agianst 5 good teams another 5 decent teams then 10 crap teams