Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fourtrax

Alex Auld

185 posts in this topic

I'm guessing we see in him one of the back to backs this weekend?

I'm guessing we see in him one of the back to backs this weekend?

Probably. Unless by some miracle Carey plays against Buffalo and doesn't have to face 40+ shots.

I would send Carey out against the Sabres for sure. Road game, less pressure. If he feels well enough to go Saturday, I'd send him back out against the Sens too. We have a break after that for him to recover, but Price is supposed to be a number one this year and those are two divisional opponents. The number one should be in against both. Auld is not Halak and he is not a number one goalie or even a potential number one goalie. He is a career back-up and he should be called upon to rest Price in more stressful portions of the schedule during games against Western conference opponents. If Price is the guy this year, he needs to be in against our key rivals.

I agree that ideally Price plays against divisional opponents but this is 3 games in 4 nights, he's already faced 48 shots in the first and it's only October. IMO this is exactly what you have a backup goalie for.

Not that I want him to play, but he does have to get a start this month. :blink:

vs Isles (on the 27th)?

Not that I want him to play, but he does have to get a start this month. :blink:

vs Isles (on the 27th)?

Yeah we have back to back with the Isles and Panthers and I suspect he'll get one of those games. If Carey struggles he may get an extra start.

Auld should probably see some game action next week sometime. I hope he does, anyway!

I don't know; I kind of like the idea of watching Price battle it out against Miller on the road.

I like that idea as well.

I cant recall the last time i actually saw Auld in an NHL game. I saw him take the warmup in Buffalo when i was at the game and remember thinking to myself :blink: The guys were firing pucks at him, and i didnt see too many of them being stopped. Hope that wasn't an indication of his talent level. He has probably one of the toughest jobs in hockey,,, as a backup who rarely gets the net, and has a chance to find a groove. I hope the boys give him a relatively easy night. Good Luck AA.

Well Alex Auld gets the chance to steal a couple of points, this is why we have a backup.He has to be on top of his game when called upon, so good luck Alex you have a pretty good defence in front of you.Shut these Islanders out and be our first star that will give the Habs confidence no matter who is in net. Go Alex Go!

He'll be starting on Friday vs the Isles. God help us all.

Well, as I mentioned in the GDT, he has a pretty good record for his first games with his new teams : 6-1 ;)

Well, as I mentioned in the GDT, he has a pretty good record for his first games with his new teams : 6-1 ;)

Heck, I'm predicting an Alex Auld 35-save, stand-on-his-head shut-out win tomorrow night.

Might even get a goaltending controversy started after playing one game.

(it's seems like ages since we had one going in Hab-land ;) )

At any rate, I am wishing him the best, 2 points or not. The team needs a competent, reliable back-up, one with confidence, and the confidence of his Coach and teammates (fans should not matter much, but I suppose that would be nice too).

Please let Auld take one of the games this weekend. We got an experienced back up to make Carey's job a lil easier. I know the season just started, but Carey needs his rest if we want to go far in the post season. Not many tenders can do the brodeur thing... Even brodeur can't do it any more.

The Isles are going to be looking for pay back, specially on home ice. The panthers aren't much of a threat this season, IMO Auld will have an easier time against Florida.

It's been a while since the Habs have gotten off to such a great starts... Hope they can keep it up.

Knock on wood.

FS - I'm pretty sure it's confirmed that Auld WILL start tomorrow vs the Isles.

I know... I just read it. Should've done my research before posting. :lol:

I still think Price should play the isles and have Auld play the cats. The Isles will be looking for payback and they aren't the Isles we've been use to seeing over the past decade. This new Isles team is fast with a lot of young talent. Alex should expect to see lots of rubber.

it is

Good luck to Auld. He's gonna need it after sitting on the bench for so long.

Good first period, he looks confident so far.

All this lack of confidence - Auld is playing like a champion!

Thank you Alex...atta boy...big win on the road.

Too early to say yet, but hopefully his strong showing tonight should calm a few of the people (myself included) who wondered why we didn't grab a more expensive backup goalie this summer. Auld isn't a starter, but he looks like exactly what we'll need in a backup capacity: a capable veteran who can play at a high level in short bursts coming off the bench.

I didnt know what to expect from Auld as i've rarely ( cant recall any of his previous games )seen him play,, but i was pleasantly surprised tonight. Nice solid game by a veteran who's sat out the whole 1st month. WTG Auld and once again,,,,WELCOME TO THE HABS. ;)

Auld isn't a starter, but he looks like exactly what we'll need in a backup capacity: a capable veteran who can play at a high level in short bursts coming off the bench.

We hit the jack pot. :lol: ........but I agree Weeps.

Congratulations on your first Hab win Alex. Very solid tonight.

+1