Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CanadianMike

Jaroslav Halak

248 posts in this topic

If I may start a topic on a fan favorite that left too soon for many of us. This topic will be (should be) a busy one this season.....so I started a new topic.

As one of his biggest fans I predict he does really well with the Blues and helps make them a playoff team again.

I will be watching many more Blues games this year (hardly watched any last season :unsure::lol: ).

yeah when he was a Hab...we need a FRESH new start. :) The otherone can be locked. :P

The first pics of Jaro in a Blues jersey will sting! but I'll get used to it real fast (no choice). :D

GO BLUES!!!!

Good luck in St Louis Halak, hope you do well, but not as well as Carey :P

lol, + 1

:lol:

why not? :unsure:;)

going to be fun to compare the 2 (again) this year even if they will be playing for different teams.

The only reason as to why would be because Halak's pads will shrink while Price's will not.

:lol:

why not? :unsure:;)

going to be fun to compare the 2 (again) this year even if they will be playing for different teams.

so you want to start an"around the league - battle between the pipes" thread? :lol:

so you want to start an"around the league - battle between the pipes" thread? :lol:

If I may start a topic on a fan favorite that left too soon for many of us. This topic will be (should be) a busy one this season.....so I started a new topic.

As one of his biggest fans I predict he does really well with the Blues and helps make them a playoff team again.

I will be watching many more Blues games this year (hardly watched any last season :unsure::lol: ).

OK I locked and will archive the other thread since it's rather big anyway. I'll remove the dates on this one though as we usually dont create annual threads for non Habs. So this is now THE Halak thread. No matter which year or which team he ends up with down the road, a new thread will not be created each time.

Way to go Canadian Mike,well done!!!This will be something to look forward to!I'm thinking of adding Centre Ice to my sattelite package so that I might catch a few more of the Blues' games than I might otherwise not get.Thanks for the exta interest I'm sure we'll have this hockey season while remaining true bleu blanc et rouge fans regardless of another dissapointing season likely being in store for us. We'll love 'em anyway"!!!!! :D

Edited by chromedome

Oh Crap!

What was wrong with his thread?!

OK I locked and will archive the other thread since it's rather big anyway. I'll remove the dates on this one though as we usually dont create annual threads for non Habs. So this is now THE Halak thread. No matter which year or which team he ends up with down the road, a new thread will not be created each time.

Thanks! Oh yeah for sure!

well we can't talk about Halak in the Price topic, so ...... :lol:

Way to go Canadian Mike,well done!!!This will be something to look forward to!I'm thinking of adding Centre Ice to my sattelite package so that I might catch a few more of the Blues' games than I might otherwise not get.Thanks for the exta interest I'm sure we'll have this hockey season while remaining true bleu blanc et rouge fans regardless of another dissapointing season likely being in store for us. We'll love 'em anyway"!!!!! :D

LOL when Habs don't play (and Blues do) we can talk about it that night/or the next day. GO HALAK!!

It seems everything & anything is discussed in the Price thread.

At least one well-respected GM understands why Gauthier traded Halak.

was that a stab at us fans that aren't happy (or at the rest of the GMs that think Gauthier was crazy to ship Jaro to St Louis)? :unsure::lol:

was that a stab at us fans that aren't happy (or at the rest of the GMs that think Gauthier was crazy to ship Jaro to St Louis)? :unsure::lol:

It wasn't a stab at anyone, just an attempt to show that regardless of how many fans and media and even GMs think that Gauthier was crazy to trade Jaro, not everyone shares the same opinion, including some pretty well-respected hockey minds.

Thanks! Oh yeah for sure!

well we can't talk about Halak in the Price topic, so ...... :lol:

LOL when Habs don't play (and Blues do) we can talk about it that night/or the next day. GO HALAK!!

Nice :D

At least one well-respected GM understands why Gauthier traded Halak.

Had to do it for myself, figured i might aswell post it for everyone else

(Toronto) Jaroslav Halak in the St. Louis Blues in June Exchange well surprised people in the world. But not Ken Holland.

Holland, CEO of the Detroit Red Wings of, believes that the Canadian did not choose to share one of his guards before the start of next season. Although this goalkeeper was the favorite of Montreal fans.

"Pierre Gauthier had no choice, because the wage ceiling does not keep two good guards with the same team, commented Holland, yesterday in Toronto of the World Summit of hockey.". This is the reality of today's marketplace. "Leaders are paid to make difficult decisions, and that Pierre Gauthier has done."

Exchange of Halak, hero of the recent series in Montreal, was not surprised Holland, who himself has already had a similar decision.

"I've exchanged a Hero series me too." In 1997, (goalkeeper) Mike Vernon was our hero, but I had exchanged it two weeks after our conquest of the Stanley Cup. I had to choose between him and Chris Osgood, and I chose Osgood because he was the youngest. The decision was not easy, but I had no choice. We would still like to keep all of our players, but this is not possible. This is the nature of the collective agreement. "And sometimes we must redeem popular players.

It does most of the central division rira

Advantage Halak Holland believes that the pressure will be on the shoulders of Carey Price, which has still not signed a contract with the Canadian. In addition to making forget Halak, Price will have to prove that it deserves the title of number one goalkeeper.

Holland, young Canadian goalkeeper is able to deal with this pressure. "It will not have the choice, it's part of the game. If it cannot cope with the pressure in the National League, it is perhaps because it is not good business. While in this League, it is because it is capable of handling

I still think that having Price and Plekanec is better than having just Halak. Halak would've likely been given 3.75+, which means we don't sign Pleks, and the team is a mess. What use is Cammalleri without a decent centre? Sure, you could put Cammy - Gomez - Gionta, but what are you going to do on the second line?

Pouliot- Boyd- AK?

Also, if we don't sign Pleks, who scores his 70 points? Who plays all of his PK minutes?

Halak is a great goalie, and IMO right now he is better than Price. However, Price is 2 years younger, and perhaps 2 years from now it'll be a different story.

Bottom line, look at the Finals this year. Niemi vs. Leighton. Two incredible goalies :rolleyes:, and this year's SCF had a sparkling display of goaltending on both ends of the rink :rolleyes:.

PS: Best of luck to Halak in St. Louis

Edited by noob616

TBH we likely would have had enough room for Pleks and Jaro, even with his contract but bare in mind a shorter term for Jaro would have meant less money. He actually on a 1-2 year deal probably only would have gotten 500 k - 750 k more than Carey will get. The organization may have just felt they get better value from Carey for the next little bit. He's going to be cheaper in the short term and is under team control for a couple years longer, meaning further away from a UFA type contract.

Maybe they felt it was a matter of selling high on Jaro and getting a player they wanted.

I mean really, who knows why they decided to go in this direction but they could have afforded Halak. They just couldn't have afforded both, so they had to choose 1 to keep and 1 to move.

It wasn't a stab at anyone, just an attempt to show that regardless of how many fans and media and even GMs think that Gauthier was crazy to trade Jaro, not everyone shares the same opinion, including some pretty well-respected hockey minds.

I see Ken Holland was born in BC and as a West Coast boy he must just be a bias Carey fan boy.

Edited by roy_133

TBH we likely would have had enough room for Pleks and Jaro, even with his contract but bare in mind a shorter term for Jaro would have meant less money. He actually on a 1-2 year deal probably only would have gotten 500 k - 750 k more than Carey will get. The organization may have just felt they get better value from Carey for the next little bit. He's going to be cheaper in the short term and is under team control for a couple years longer, meaning further away from a UFA type contract.

Maybe they felt it was a matter of selling high on Jaro and getting a player they wanted.

I mean really, who knows why they decided to go in this direction but they could have afforded Halak. They just couldn't have afforded both, so they had to choose 1 to keep and 1 to move.

I see Ken Holland was born in BC and as a West Coast boy he must just be a bias Carey fan boy.

obviously ;)

CanadianMike, when you had to start new thread why you didn't make a profile of Halak with some info and stats?! Or at least rip it of NHL site!Because now his thread just doesn't look nice.

Now I got some news about Jaro.This week he started on ice preparation, training with his former team Slovan Bratslava.It is first time since playoffs he is training on the ice. He said he is doing so because he want to make sure he will be any help for his new team, St.Louis Blues.I believe he also wanna get familiar with new pads.

Halak will be preparing with Slovan till the beginning of Blues training camp which starts early in September.

Halaktrening.jpg

HalakSatan.jpg

Halak fighting Satan

Look at the pads now.I believe these are new sized pads he will be wearing next season!And they don't look any smaller if you ask me. Certainly not any drastic changes, that's for sure.