Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CanadianMike

Jaroslav Halak

248 posts in this topic

That's why you never let the other team only get 22 shots on goal! :lol:

Definitely a night to forget for Jaro.

After watching highlights I think he had pretty good game, well apart from bad Sv%.1st goal was rebound, 2nd it was 5 on 3 PP. Then he stopped a breakaway and had a couple of great saves.

Canadien Mike....ya watching the game/Halak?

yeah I was :(

oh well..happens to the best of them.

After watching highlights I think he had pretty good game, well apart from bad Sv%.1st goal was rebound, 2nd it was 5 on 3 PP. Then he stopped a breakaway and had a couple of great saves.

The highlights don't tell the story though. He was shakey from the start of the game to maybe just before the end of the first. There were multiple shots that beat him and hit the post and I believe a Shae Weber shot from center ice almost went in. It wasn't one of Jaro's stronger nights, he was flat and so were the Blues. They did wake up though after the first period they started playing better, but by then the damage was done.

The highlights don't tell the story though. He was shakey from the start of the game to maybe just before the end of the first. There were multiple shots that beat him and hit the post and I believe a Shae Weber shot from center ice almost went in. It wasn't one of Jaro's stronger nights, he was flat and so were the Blues. They did wake up though after the first period they started playing better, but by then the damage was done.

Yeah. Jaro was off from the first minute of the game, they were lucky to only be down two after the first. The Blues got better after than, and Jaro played well also, but he spotted them too big of a lead to overcome.

Can't say I'm upset that he threw up a stinker before Price did.

Well he did us a favour last night getting a shutout against the pens we will have more of that,if he shuts out all the teams he plays from the east except us of course then he will give us a place or 2 in the standings

Way to go Jaro :D :D

Always thought I liked Price more, but after seeing Halak just stand around in net last year....I miss seeing him.

Glad to see he went to my 2nd favourite team after the habs of course

What a copy cat this guy is ...

Well he did us a favour last night getting a shutout against the pens we will have more of that,if he shuts out all the teams he plays from the east except us of course then he will give us a place or 2 in the standings

Way to go Jaro :D :D

Yes but he is sending them back home with 1 point in the pocket, first Philly now Pens...Yes he hates us now :lol:

Its really nice to see that both of our goaltenders are getting starting time and doing well with it. And yes. I will always refer to Halak as ours.

2ND star of the week in the NHL - of ALL teams and ALL players - Price is playing great but we settled for second best (no mistake still pretty good) - at least we got Eller in return <_<:o

2ND star of the week in the NHL - of ALL teams and ALL players - Price is playing great but we settled for second best (no mistake still pretty good) - at least we got Eller in return <_<:o

But Price has more wins :lol:

ANyone think halak is gonna be competing for the Vezina this year

definitely. I don't think he will win this year, but he will be an honorable mention, if not a finalist for Vezina

I'm watching the Blues game, Blues are up 1-0 halfway through the 3rd. Jaro looks really solid, hasn't been tested a ton this game (don't think the Preds even have 20 shots yet) but he does look very comfortable and the Blues look awesome.

I'm watching the Blues game, Blues are up 1-0 halfway through the 3rd. Jaro looks really solid, hasn't been tested a ton this game (don't think the Preds even have 20 shots yet) but he does look very comfortable and the Blues look awesome.

Agreed, the blues have a great young core of players... Been waiting for them to take off for the last few years. With Halak now on board, they should surprise.

definitely. I don't think he will win this year, but he will be an honorable mention, if not a finalist for Vezina

imagine if halak won the vezina and we won the cup in the same year. haha

Nice shutout by Jaro tonight. 4-1-1 and a 1.81 GAA. Wow!

givem hell halak. Way to go!

add 2 shutouts to those stats as well.

I said it before and I'll say again....we traded away the REAL DEAL. Unfortunately we couldn't keep both. :(

If Halak keeps playing the way he is (and I'm sure he will) he'll draw a lot of attention and we will never hear the end of it this season. TSN is talking about Halak as I write. I'm sure the St. Louis Blues Management is asking themselves, how in the hell did we get our hands on this guy??

This might go down as the worst trade made by the Canadians by far.

Price, don't let us down, keep up the good work.

Yay Halak!!! The little goalie that could!

This is kind of a perfect scenario right now: Halak is playing well on his new team, Price is playing great, too, and the Habs are winning. *knocks on wood*