Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CanadianMike

Jaroslav Halak

248 posts in this topic

Halak fighting Satan

I read that wrong the first time. Came out to something completely different :lol:

But to be more on topic, Jaro looks really different in those pads :mellow:

I still think that having Price and Plekanec is better than having just Halak. Halak would've likely been given 3.75+, which means we don't sign Pleks, and the team is a mess. What use is Cammalleri without a decent centre? Sure, you could put Cammy - Gomez - Gionta, but what are you going to do on the second line?

Pouliot- Boyd- AK?

Also, if we don't sign Pleks, who scores his 70 points? Who plays all of his PK minutes?

Halak is a great goalie, and IMO right now he is better than Price. However, Price is 2 years younger, and perhaps 2 years from now it'll be a different story.

Bottom line, look at the Finals this year. Niemi vs. Leighton. Two incredible goalies :rolleyes:, and this year's SCF had a sparkling display of goaltending on both ends of the rink :rolleyes:.

PS: Best of luck to Halak in St. Louis

The Habs would have had just over $5.1M to sign two goalies and we still don't know how much Price is going to sign for.

The Habs would have had just over $5.1M to sign two goalies and we still don't know how much Price is going to sign for.

True, but Price would have had zero leverage in contract talks if Halak hadn't already been moved. As it stands, Price and his agent know that the only options the Habs have is to agree to his terms or head into the season with Auld as the starter.

CanadianMike, when you had to start new thread why you didn't make a profile of Halak with some info and stats?! Or at least rip it of NHL site!Because now his thread just doesn't look nice.

Now I got some news about Jaro.This week he started on ice preparation, training with his former team Slovan Bratslava.It is first time since playoffs he is training on the ice. He said he is doing so because he want to make sure he will be any help for his new team, St.Louis Blues.I believe he also wanna get familiar with new pads.

Halak will be preparing with Slovan till the beginning of Blues training camp which starts early in September.

Halaktrening.jpg

HalakSatan.jpg

Halak fighting Satan

Look at the pads now.I believe these are new sized pads he will be wearing next season!And they don't look any smaller if you ask me. Certainly not any drastic changes, that's for sure.

:unsure: well sorry if I ruined his thread. I think it looks fine. Dude I am on this site when I have time from work (don't have time to be all fancy-schmancy and it doesn't matter. I wanted a new place to talk about Jaro (after Habs) career and this place is perfect. ;)

Thanks for the great pics. Wow love the Blues colors so far (don't have a choice). :lol:

Edited by CanadianMike

Halaks agents twitter: "Stay tuned for some big Jaroslav Halak news tomorrow"

Jaroslav Halak along with Alex Pietrangelo traded to the Montreal Canadiens for the rights of unsigned goaltender Carey Price and veteran defenceman Jaroslav Spacek

:rolleyes:

He is dating all of Hugh Efner's girlfriends at the same time.

Oh oh. :blink: ..........now what? :rolleyes:

He is dating all of Hugh Efner's girlfriends at the same time.

That a boy. :D:D:D

Jaroslav Halak along with Alex Pietrangelo traded to the Montreal Canadiens for the rights of unsigned goaltender Carey Price and veteran defenceman Jaroslav Spacek

Hear that CanadienMike? :lol:

Edited by Forever Habs #10

Wouldn't that be golden? I'd be happy with it :P

This thread could be moved to correct section haha

Oh oh. :blink: ..........now what? :rolleyes:

That a boy. :D:D:D

Hear that CanadienMike? :lol:

:lol:

so what was the big news? :unsure:

so what was the big news? :unsure:

Think I found it...

Jaro is back ... for a visit...

posted by Mike Boone at 6h09 EST on Aug 30</h4>... Jaroslav Halak will be at the Fairview shopping centre in suburban Pointe Claire this Saturday afternoon between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.

(I'm guessing that this is in or pretty darn close to Montreal???) :D

Jaro will be autographing 8x10 photos (in his Blues jersey?) for $20, with all proceeds to the Ste. Justine children's hospital.

Speaking of signatures, do you suppose Carey Price will have signed by the time Jaro is greeted by his adoring fans?

And any suggestion that agent Allan "Let's See What I Can Tweet to .... With Price's Head" Walsh arranged this show to embarrass the Canadiens is purely paranoid speculation.

Edited by Forever Habs #10

Pretty nice of Halak. He asked for a way to say thank you to his fans in Montreal and this is what they came up with.

There's your big news folks. ;)

Thank you Jaro for everything.

anyone think they could get one for me ): i'll pay i just can't get up there being that i live in florida.

That's the big news? :blink: meh.

He is so classy though (and this deal was probably signed before he got traded).

Don't feel like going and waiting in line for hours for this (as much as I am a fan). I have met him before (if I never have...yes I'd be the first one in line with my Halak shirt in my hands). ;)

When I posted that there was going to be big news... I didn't think this was what they meant.I thought it would be more than signing autographs

When I posted that there was going to be big news... I didn't think this was what they meant.I thought it would be more than signing autographs

My friend just texted me the same thing. :lol:

anyone think they could get one for me ): i'll pay i just can't get up there being that i live in England

Fixed for my purposes :D