Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CanadianMike

Jaroslav Halak

248 posts in this topic

Think I found it...

Jaro is back ... for a visit...

posted by Mike Boone at 6h09 EST on Aug 30</h4>... Jaroslav Halak will be at the Fairview shopping centre in suburban Pointe Claire this Saturday afternoon between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.

(I'm guessing that this is in or pretty darn close to Montreal???) :D

Jaro will be autographing 8x10 photos (in his Blues jersey?) for $20, with all proceeds to the Ste. Justine children's hospital.

I'm tempted to go. It's only a bus ride away but there'll probably be a lot of people

Edited by Clues

I'm tempted to go. It's only a bus ride away but there'll probably be a lot of people

The wife will be visiting her Mother in Pointe-Claire this weekend... Wonder if I can talk her into standing in line for me (it should only take about 4 hrs). :P

The wife will be visiting her Mother in Pointe-Claire this weekend... Wonder if I can talk her into standing in line for me (it should only take about 4 hrs). :P

:lol:

why don't you go? I'd rather stand in line for 4 hours then chill with my MIL. :lol:

Pretty nice of Halak. He asked for a way to say thank you to his fans in Montreal and this is what they came up with.

and i keep saying, we're gonna miss having him around

and i keep saying, we're gonna miss having him around

Of course we will but the cap makes tough choices necessary. I know Halak fans will say they should have gotten rid of Price instead but then the Price fans would be unhappy. The cap basically guarantees fans will be unhappy lol. I still miss Saku and Kovy.

Edited by roy_133

Of course we will but the cap makes tough choices necessary. I know Halak fans will say they should have gotten rid of Price instead but then the Price fans would be unhappy. The cap basically guarantees fans will be unhappy lol. I still miss Saku and Kovy.

saku doesn't cost much either eh

It's not the same though to compare to those guys that you miss. Look how far the Habs got last seaon (Because of HALAK!!). I know he could not have Price's place BUT they could have traded him during this upcoming season IF THEY REALLY HAD TO. Blah! it still upsets me when I think of it and I know I am not alone (lots of friends and stuff I read on the net).

Maybe if I was a big Price fan too (like I usually am...like both Habs goalies) it would have made this trade easier to swallow...but I am not and it doesn't. :mellow:

sorry...I know I am repeating myself. HALAK :(

GO BLUES!!!

GO BLUES!!!

Just not when it's against the habs

It's not the same though to compare to those guys that you miss. Look how far the Habs got last seaon (Because of HALAK!!). I know he could not have Price's place BUT they could have traded him during this upcoming season IF THEY REALLY HAD TO. Blah! it still upsets me when I think of it and I know I am not alone (lots of friends and stuff I read on the net).

Maybe if I was a big Price fan too (like I usually am...like both Habs goalies) it would have made this trade easier to swallow...but I am not and it doesn't. :mellow:

sorry...I know I am repeating myself. HALAK :(

GO BLUES!!!

I know it's rough, it was a great run. If the organization felt that Halak's value was at it's peak right then and he would regress to even being a good, solid NHL goalie it was the right time. It's hard to know their exact reasoning though so it's harder to assess in the short term. People keep trying to pass it off as strictly a contract move and while contract value had to be at least a small consideration (not just this year, but beyond) they could have quite easily cleared up the cap room, moved Carey and kept Halak and Plekanec if they really wanted to go forward with Jaro.

I think the whole "the organization just loves Carey" shtick is overplayed and overstated to be honest, they clearly aren't bowing to him in contract negotiations, they could have simply traded Jaroslav last February and been done with it, avoided the whole great run. People act as though Halak going on that run was an annoyance for the organization but really, after Halak struggled in games 2 and 3 vs Washington the organization as a whole could have just not given him the net back, let Carey play and in all likelihood lose and right now we're talking about how Halak "Can't handle the big game either".

It may not even be that they think Carey Price will develop into this godly, superhuman version of Patrick Roy, it could simply be they thought Halak would come down a little, Carey would play a little better, Halak had more market value and even if he is better next year, Eller, Schultz, Price and a little extra cap space is more valuable then the return they would have gotten on Price + Halak.

Edited by roy_133

The cap basically guarantees fans will be unhappy lol.

I still miss Sakuuuuuuuuuu.

This. :(

why don't you go? I'd rather stand in line for 4 hours then chill with my MIL. :lol:

Unfortunately I have to work, won't be able to make it. I work in Verdun and the signing is at Fairview Pointe-Claire, completely different direction... And Saturdays are usually big days for me. With the start of school last week and it being he end of the month, the shop was pretty dead. Had a few regulars, was probably my worst week since summer started.

We usually kill in the summer...

Correction... Business, it was a bad week, but I did get a new Gibson Guitar from the wife and my co-workers for my b-day.

haha cool what kind of gibson

, but I did get a new Gibson Guitar from the wife and my co-workers for my b-day.

Holy smokes....awesome......you play much?

I like Gibson's too.....oh I see, nevermind.

Unfortunately I have to work, won't be able to make it. I work in Verdun and the signing is at Fairview Pointe-Claire, completely different direction... And Saturdays are usually big days for me. With the start of school last week and it being he end of the month, the shop was pretty dead. Had a few regulars, was probably my worst week since summer started.

We usually kill in the summer...

Correction... Business, it was a bad week, but I did get a new Gibson Guitar from the wife and my co-workers for my b-day.

Happy belated birthday!

I like Gibson's too.....oh I see, nevermind.

Ever try bar tending. :lol:

Perhaps Halak has been secretly traded to us by St Louis for Price, i dunno, more of a wish really,

Ah Well

Jaro for Vezina

I miss hockey so much that I am actually considering going to meet him tomorrow. :blink:

Please get his signature for me =)

I miss hockey so much that I am actually considering going to meet him tomorrow. :blink:

I would definitely go if I was in Montreal. Last chance to see him in Montreal when he's on an opponent :(

I would definitely go if I was in Montreal. Last chance to see him in Montreal when he's on an opponent :(

I'm probably going tomorrow............the only thing is, I have no idea what time I should get there...it's only from 2 to 4

I don't want to miss my chance either, but what would be the best time, does anybody have an idea ?

Thanks

I'm probably going tomorrow............the only thing is, I have no idea what time I should get there...it's only from 2 to 4

I don't want to miss my chance either, but what would be the best time, does anybody have an idea ?

Thanks

Last time Carey had a signing it was only supposed to be for a couple of hours I believe but it was packed and he stayed an extra hour or so to make sure everyone got an autograph so Jaro may do the same.

Last time Carey had a signing it was only supposed to be for a couple of hours I believe but it was packed and he stayed an extra hour or so to make sure everyone got an autograph so Jaro may do the same.

especially that each signature earns the ste-justine foundation $20

Over 5,000 persons in line to see Jaro in Pointe-Claire this afternoon. The line is at least 1km long. (per various sources on twitter)

Over 5,000 persons in line to see Jaro in Pointe-Claire this afternoon. The line is at least 1km long. (per various sources on twitter)

Renaud Lavoie estimated 1000 according to Habs insideout and Jaro's agent Mr. Walsh estimated 5000.