Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CanadianMike

Jaroslav Halak

248 posts in this topic

Renaud Lavoie estimated 1000 according to Habs insideout and Jaro's agent Mr. Walsh estimated 5000.

which source is more credible, less likely to be biased? :lol:

which source is more credible, less likely to be biased? :lol:

Mr.Walsh of course.

But he only knows that because some other perone said it was about 5000 people.

But there are pictures of the line on twitter.

And it goes even outside.

And I am stuck at work :angry:

On twitter Renauld Lavoie says:

renhockey: Security person at Fairview said that it's' way more than 5000 peoples now waiting in line. They never expected that !!!

I wish I would have known and I would have taken the VIA to Montreal yesterday.. :(

I will miss him!

Last time Carey had a signing it was only supposed to be for a couple of hours I believe but it was packed and he stayed an extra hour or so to make sure everyone got an autograph so Jaro may do the same.

Walsh says that Halak is still signing :)

I apologize in advance for what I'm about to say... This is going to be a rant. :angry:

I'm really upset at the organizers of capsule sportif for the whole Halak signing today.

The wife spent her day waiting in line only to be turned away at 5:30pm. I understand that Halak stayed much later than expected, but the organizers could've been a lil more thoughtful, a lot of people spent their day waiting for a signature they never received!

The wife got to fairview at around noon and already there was a big line up(some had been there since 9am). She constantly called me asking how important it was for me. I asked her if they had closed the line and she told me they hadn't. So, I figured they would at least let the people who had waited all day, get their chance. Not only did they NOT have a cut off point, the wife kept asking them (security and the organizers) when they would shut down and if she had a chance of getting an autograph. They kept telling her to be patient, so she stayed in line, only to be told at 5:30pm to go home.

C'mon, people spent their Saturday waiting in line (a lot with young children) only to be turned away. I wouldn't be so po'd if they had just told people at 3pm that they were closing the line. Then people could've gone on with their day. I didn't even spend my day in a line and I'm upset!

I've been to these sort of things before and usually, they have a cut off point. At least this way people don't waste their time. I especially feel bad for those people who waited all day with their kids. At 3pm, they could've split up the line and told those on the other side of the line (or those who came after 2pm-which was when Halak was to finish his autograph session), that there wasn't time and they'd have to send people home.

I mean seriously, I almost took the day off work (and Saturday's are usually my big days). I would've wanted someone's head if I had waited 5 1/2 hrs only to be turned away. I feel like writing either Habs inside out or Boone explaining my frustration.

This is in no way directed at Halak, from what the wife says, he was really nice... Specially when he stayed til 5:30 (he was originally suppose to be there from 12-2pm). Halak was a good sport about the whole thing, I'm just really upset at the organizers.

Just goes to show how many people in Montreal will miss Halak. I read that they only expected around 500 people.

I apologize in advance for what I'm about to say... This is going to be a rant. :angry:

I'm really upset at the organizers of capsule sportif for the whole Halak signing today.

The wife spent her day waiting in line only to be turned away at 5:30pm. I understand that Halak stayed much later than expected, but the organizers could've been a lil more thoughtful, a lot of people spent their day waiting for a signature they never received!

The wife got to fairview at around noon and already there was a big line up(some had been there since 9am). She constantly called me asking how important it was for me. I asked her if they had closed the line and she told me they hadn't. So, I figured they would at least let the people who had waited all day, get their chance. Not only did they NOT have a cut off point, the wife kept asking them (security and the organizers) when they would shut down and if she had a chance of getting an autograph. They kept telling her to be patient, so she stayed in line, only to be told at 5:30pm to go home.

C'mon, people spent their Saturday waiting in line (a lot with young children) only to be turned away. I wouldn't be so po'd if they had just told people at 3pm that they were closing the line. Then people could've gone on with their day. I didn't even spend my day in a line and I'm upset!

I've been to these sort of things before and usually, they have a cut off point. At least this way people don't waste their time. I especially feel bad for those people who waited all day with their kids. At 3pm, they could've split up the line and told those on the other side of the line (or those who came after 2pm-which was when Halak was to finish his autograph session), that there wasn't time and they'd have to send people home.

I mean seriously, I almost took the day off work (and Saturday's are usually my big days). I would've wanted someone's head if I had waited 5 1/2 hrs only to be turned away. I feel like writing either Habs inside out or Boone explaining my frustration.

This is in no way directed at Halak, from what the wife says, he was really nice... Specially when he stayed til 5:30 (he was originally suppose to be there from 12-2pm). Halak was a good sport about the whole thing, I'm just really upset at the organizers.

I know that this in no way will appease you, but Halak will be back in Montreal for signings I'm sure. You can always get Carey Price's autograph anytime though and I have a feeling it will be the more sought out than Jaroslav's in the long run.

Mr. Stubbs tweeted that Halak got asked by security to pack it up at 5h30.

And then he went outside and took pictures and shook hands with the fans that were still there.

Just goes to show how many people in Montreal will miss Halak. I read that they only expected around 500 people.

Just wait till ''Habs Fans'' boo Halak in 2012 in home ice with a sarcastic ''Halak'' chant ;)

Just wait till ''Habs Fans'' boo Halak in 2012 in home ice with a sarcastic ''Halak'' chant ;)

lol the sad part is, it's true.

So glad I didn't go (I knew there would be too many people) :lol: BUT so glad so many fans did show up to show him how much we appreciated him and how (lots of us are still not over the shock that he was traded).

@FirstStar ..I am sorry to read that and I can understand your frustration.

Edited by CanadianMike

Uggh. I literally just shuddered at that thought....

I'll boo any opponent DURING THE GAME if I feel that gives the Habs a better chance of winning the game. But I can guarantee that those same fans will stand up and cheer if Halak plays well against us and selected for as one of the three stars.

Classy as always from Jaro in his farewell visit to Montreal. I will miss him and follow his progress wherever his career takes him. JARO JARO JARO!

Hopefully,this will be when I need to go to the men's room during the televised game. <_<

All the best Halak.....but yes of course,it'll be Go price chants coming from here. :P

Classy as always from Jaro in his farewell visit to Montreal. I will miss him and follow his progress wherever his career takes him. JARO JARO JARO!

This.

I'll boo any opponent DURING THE GAME if I feel that gives the Habs a better chance of winning the game. But I can guarantee that those same fans will stand up and cheer if Halak plays well against us and selected for as one of the three stars.

And boo Carey if the Habs lose 2-1? :)

And boo Carey if the Habs lose 2-1? :)

Come on Roy, you know that isn't even a question. I still can't believe that happened.

I would expect that reaction as well .... sad

I would boo his agent however

Jaro is a massive bro. I respect him so much after how he has handled all this. I would never boo him or Price or really any player other than maybe avery or someone who takes a cheap shot at a hab. I'll boo the team not the players. You never know who might end up here.

Edited by Nine1One

Ended up signing 1100 autographs which means 22,000 for Ste. Justine.

1100 items signed, including many people with apparently more than just 1-2 items (at 20$ a pop each) means a lot of people must have left without one. Sucks for them but good on Jaro for taking the time and doing this.

Hope he didnt cramp up his glove hand ;)

It was a crazy day.......the line went on forever

here is a link that shows all the people

Good Luck Halak you are 1 class act