Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CanadianMike

Jaroslav Halak

248 posts in this topic

Actually there are two masks. The first has Jacques Plante with the signatures of Mike Liut and Grant Fuhr. all goalies who played for St. Louis. His second mask is somewhat personal and very different. It features his favorite childhood cartoon, Lucky Luke. Very different and personal. :lol:

I don't lucky luke from the pictures posted on this thread. It seems like three pics of the same mask to me with St. Louis downtown on one side and Plante on the other side.

Halak going all GQ on us.

halak_jaroslav_bluespose.jpg

I hate to say it but I gotta disagree with RDS, he looks pretty good in the blue. Brings out the blue in his eyes? Haha, I'm a freak.

I agree with Otto, Halak looks great in that picture. I also agree on the eyes comment.

I think I will stare at the pretty until the season begins. :wub::wub::blush:

I don't lucky luke from the pictures posted on this thread. It seems like three pics of the same mask to me with St. Louis downtown on one side and Plante on the other side.

That's the other mask.

4974421543_c027d01d06_z.jpg

4975035720_3238837f0a_z.jpg

4975035834_9848db6706_z.jpg

Yep they raised 20,000 dollars for the charity (1000 autographs). He was surprised by the turn out and disappointed that he could not meet everyone but it was not possible because the place where he was signing autographs had to close for the day.

I wonder why the place could not have gotten an exemption (if it was in a mall) or just decided to stay open longer - anyway, great move Halak. You will be missed as a Hab, and good luck to you with the Blues.

I wonder why the place could not have gotten an exemption (if it was in a mall) or just decided to stay open longer - anyway, great move Halak. You will be missed as a Hab, and good luck to you with the Blues.

I think because the mall itself locked their doors to the public a little bit after 5pm. So even if the shop wanted to stay opened, the mall security had to close the whole Fairview.

Edited by ComradeRuskie

That's the other mask.

thanks for posting the pics :) I personally like the one with the Blues theme more.

I've really been wondering about the whole autograph signing for a while...

Why didn't he just take the signing outside? I mean, maybe there was more involved, like he had to go, or something, but I would have gone outside and signed autographs there, if I were him :wacko:

...But, anyway...

Thank you, Jaro, for everything. Good luck in St. Louis

I've really been wondering about the whole autograph signing for a while...

Why didn't he just take the signing outside? I mean, maybe there was more involved, like he had to go, or something, but I would have gone outside and signed autographs there, if I were him :wacko:

...But, anyway...

Thank you, Jaro, for everything. Good luck in St. Louis

It looked like it was in some sort of hockey shop so their may have been some sort of promotional value to the whole event which is why it was not done outside of all the mall. That would be excellent advertising for the shop and i'm sure they got lots of purchases of jerseys and such.

Oh and Halaks new mask is SICK!

Edited by Icroyhable

15/18 for his first start..

Will be interesting to see what Price can doi his first start

It's the first pre-season game with barely an NHL roster, I wouldn't look too much into it.

It's the first pre-season game with barely an NHL roster, I wouldn't look too much into it.

Still, 15/18 is bad. You'd expect more from an NHL goaltender. If Price had that kind of pre-season performance, you'd know what the talk of the town would be the next day.

Still, 15/18 is bad. You'd expect more from an NHL goaltender. If Price had that kind of pre-season performance, you'd know what the talk of the town would be the next day.

Then I guess we will see how tomorrow goes for our #31. ;)

Anyway, right now I am not worried about Halak. I'll start to worry if he doesn't play well during the regular season.

No doubt, if that was Price tomorrow people would have heart attacks and PG would probably recieve bomb threats. Then again, if it was Price who got traded and Halak put in a 15/18 performance people would probably explode too. It's just the nature of Montreal lol.

15/18 for his first start..

Will be interesting to see what Price can doi his first start

Its an interesting start for Halak, letting in some rookies score on him, except Jones. It'll be interesting to see who will score on price, an NHLer or a rookie.

Its an interesting start for Halak, letting in some rookies score on him, except Jones. It'll be interesting to see who will score on price, an NHLer or a rookie.

It's just preseason and early preseason at that. I wouldn't read anything into it, especially with established NHLers like Carey or Jaro, they're just getting their feel back and working somethings out.

No doubt, if that was Price tomorrow people would have heart attacks and PG would probably recieve bomb threats. Then again, if it was Price who got traded and Halak put in a 15/18 performance people would probably explode too. It's just the nature of Montreal lol.

I think that Halak would have gotten a longer leash since he was the one that got us to the Conf Final! I love that he was the one that got us there but it was not his fault that we lost! Price will be thrown under bus imediately, smart thing to do is to play him for half the game, just like they should have done with Halak in STL.

It's just preseason and early preseason at that. I wouldn't read anything into it, especially with established NHLers like Carey or Jaro, they're just getting their feel back and working somethings out.

Ah, the voice of reason ~

Everybody should listen to him. :P

http://www.nhl.com/ice/gallerylanding.htm?id=7059

Is it me or does Halaks upper body gear look WAAAAYYYY bigger...

Hm, looks the same to me. Maybe something to do with how the eye perceives a different color or something. :blink:

The Blues better hope that the other team gets more than 30 shots against every night or its going to be a long season for them.

The Blues better hope that the other team gets more than 30 shots against every night or its going to be a long season for them.

I would have totally agreed with you after what he did in the playoffs, but that wasn't the problem last night. All three goals were scored on the first twelve shots. Now, as lots have mentioned, it was his first game back, and a preseason one to boot, so it means virtually nothing, but still, it's surprising to see him let in that many goals early. That wasn't how it usually worked with him.

:lol: Yeah they better stop playing Defense or their deal with Halak is going to be useless :P

:lol: Can we at least wait til the regular season (full lineups) to start the whole Halak/Price thing.

:lol: Can we at least wait til the regular season (full lineups) to start the whole Halak/Price thing.

*puts back the war gear in the closet* Yes, sir. :unsure:

*cough*spoilsport*cough* <_<

Really, just save it for March 10 :rolleyes: