Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CanadianMike

Jaroslav Halak

248 posts in this topic

It's just preseason and early preseason at that. I wouldn't read anything into it, especially with established NHLers like Carey or Jaro, they're just getting their feel back and working somethings out.

This.

Still, 15/18 is bad. You'd expect more from an NHL goaltender. If Price had that kind of pre-season performance, you'd know what the talk of the town would be the next day.

you see what I mean? only preseason. ;) Price 3 goals on 6 shots!

you see what I mean? only preseason. ;) Price 3 goals on 6 shots!

Maybe it's just the rust, but preseason or not, it's still bad... for both goalies. Shouldn't be an area of concern though.

Maybe it's just the rust, but preseason or not, it's still bad... for both goalies. Shouldn't be an area of concern though.

You are right - but why have I got this sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach? :huh:

At least Sanford looked good - GO DOGS! :lol:

Edited by swansee

No doubt, if that was Price tomorrow people would have heart attacks and PG would probably recieve bomb threats. Then again, if it was Price who got traded and Halak put in a 15/18 performance people would probably explode too. It's just the nature of Montreal lol.

cue the heart attacks and the bomb threats. :lol:

cue the heart attacks and the bomb threats. :lol:

:lol: I'm surprised they didn't throw a beach ball on the ice

:lol: I'm surprised they didn't throw a beach ball on the ice

I think that was already done this year. :P

Anyways, for now the score is Price 0 - Halak 0.

:P

Still, 15/18 is bad. You'd expect more from an NHL goaltender. If Price had that kind of pre-season performance, you'd know what the talk of the town would be the next day.

Looks like people in here started speaking mockingly too soon. :P

But you can bet your bottom dollar that there are people in Bluestown doubting the signing or questioning his abilities. Everything just gets 'amplified' in Montreal because of 1) the size of the market and 2) the media coverage is FAR larger.

But you can bet your bottom dollar that there are people in Bluestown doubting the signing or questioning his abilities. Everything just gets 'amplified' in Montreal because of 1) the size of the market and 2) the media coverage is FAR larger.

Ahh, but Halak played the entire game.....lol He wasn't outperformed by the back up......lol. Price is making a habit of this.....lol

Halak just looks odd in that uniform.

With or without Halak, I think the Blues are going to be a team to watch out for this season.

One magazine (yeah I know) had the Blues finishing 6th in the West...and another one had them finishing 3rd. :o

One magazine (yeah I know) had the Blues finishing 6th in the West...and another one had them finishing 3rd. :o

I think they're going to be a pretty decent team this year, and I'm not just saying that because Halak plays there now. They pose a real threat on the ice.

I wouldn't go nuts, and say they're going to finish third, but I think fifth or sixth would be pretty good for them.

3rd implies they'll do better than the hawks and detroit o.o i dont think they are there yet

I was on the money though.

Guess who was the talk of the town today? :P

Ahh, but Halak played the entire game.....lol He wasn't outperformed by the back up......lol. Price is making a habit of this.....lol

The Blues' backup Ben Bishop (who?) handed Blues' fans a solid performance in a 5-1 win the very next night of Halak's mediocre 15/18 night.

what's the conclusion to draw here? there aren't any. It's preseason.

They finished 9th last year (better record than the Habs) they were/are a very young team getting better and better and on top of that they added Halak. They won't win the division IMO over Chicago and Detroit to get 3rd but they are a playoff team and even if you take away the 2 goalies better then the Habs IMO.

As long as they make the playoffs. Even squeeze into 8th spot. Anything can happen come playoff time as we know very well thanks to Jaro last season. ;)

Is he hurt or are the Blue just not playing him because they want to rest him? He's played in 1 game so far this pre-season.

Is he hurt or are the Blue just not playing him because they want to rest him? He's played in 1 game so far this pre-season.

Perhaps Ben Bishop has established himself as the new #1 in St. Louis?

.... kidding, folks.

Perhaps Ben Bishop has established himself as the new #1 in St. Louis?

.... kidding, folks.

:lol:

Maybe Ty Conklin stole it... :o

St-Louis have their goalies play the full 60 minutes in pre-season and they have 4 goalies in camp, each played a full game.

Bishop got a shutout? Halak 4 bakup

St-Louis have their goalies play the full 60 minutes in pre-season and they have 4 goalies in camp, each played a full game.

Ahhh...So he gets another look maybe 2 before the season starts then, they only have 3 games left.

Bishop got a shutout? Halak 4 bakup

Bishop is also 2-0 now. He just stole that #1 job. If I was a Blues fan, I would be mad that we're paying 3M for a guy who lost his first start.

Bishop is also 2-0 now. He just stole that #1 job. If I was a Blues fan, I would be mad that we're paying 3M for a guy who lost his first start.

Yeah, I know eh? I'd boo that guy like crazy.

Yeah, I know eh? I'd boo that guy like crazy.

ya and when he would tells us to "chill out" or relax, i'd say i was booing the management.