The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Is There A Player On The Habs You Think Might Surprise A Few People This Year?

HabsAdmin

Well I'm hoping AK bounces back now that his brother is gone. CP will make believers out of doubters.

Praying that BP uses his size in front of the net. TM will play like a beast.

Metro will be missed. Cammi, Gomez & Gionta will be on fire.

Interested to see how Lars fits in but most of all I think Maxim should get about 19 goals.

Overall I'd have to say Dustin Boyd now go prove me right guys.

Well I'm hoping AK bounces back now that his brother is gone. CP will make believers out of doubters.

Praying that BP uses his size in front of the net. TM will play like a beast.

Metro will be missed. Cammi, Gomez & Gionta will be on fire.

Interested to see how Lars fits in but most of all I think Maxim should get about 19 goals.

Overall I'd have to say Dustin Boyd now go prove me right guys.

smart butt :P;)

------------------

Surprises are hard to pick for me because a- nothing much surprises me anymore and b- i try to keep an open mind (or are those two the same thing? hmm.. :unsure: ).

Anyhow, I'll play and start (unsurprisingly ha! ha! ) with: Markie will not miss more than 10 games this season and his contribution on the PP will help the team finish top 3 in that category

I also think that AK & Pouliot will perform, if not at the top of their talent, at least at a level that will not slow down the other 4 guys in our top 6

Maxim should get about 19 goals at some point near the end of the season then add a 20th sometime before the game against the Blackhawks is finished :D

Carey will, 1- sign a contract 2 - have a very solid season

Gomez will make me laugh, Pleki will make me smile and Gionta will make me go "Aww..." :lol:

hmm, I'm thinking that Boyd will surprise some of us. He's new, so it could go either way but I think it will be good. My hope is that Pouliot will surprise, I usually don't find myself pulling for a player before the season starts but he is one that I hope will do good things this year.

I'm just hoping for as many good surprises as possible this year regardless of where they come from.

Laps will score more than 20 goals I think he thinks he has a lot to prove I believe he wants to get onto the first 2 lines,he will do better than anyone expects as long as he is fit and healthy,Pyatt will become one of our best players maybe not scorer but there is more to playing than that' Carey is going to stick it to them ( all the doubters) and AK has lost so much weight getting that brother off his back he will be great BP I am not too sure about Lars is going to have the time of his life PK will do exactly whats expected with a couple of bad mistakes

GO HABS GO :D :D

Eller, IMHO is going to raise a lot of eyebrows. I had my eye on this guy in st. louis for a while & was so happy to hear we'd acquired him. I know many believe he's 3 or 4 years away from his 'best' but I have seen the kid play & his work ethic is second to none. I believe that he will burst onto the scene for us, and never let up.

Of course, this revelation will probably require one of AK or Pouliot to have bad years, which is too bad, but I honestly dont believe that both will bounce back. One of them (My gut says AK) will probably not be with the team come this time next year. Or maybe I'll be wrong & both will be productive, which is certainly crow I wouldnt mind eating.

I believe that both Price and PK will do well this year, but IMHO that isnt much of a surprise, so I dont include them in this argument.

IMO, I think we will have a couple of players that play above expectations this season. That doesn't mean they are going to blow my mind (or anyone else's for that matter), but just that they will provide more than we think they will. I also think some expectations are growing too high for several of our young players so early in their careers and expectations might come crashing down to earth very quickly. Let's not forget we have a coach who was extremely hesitant to get Jason Spezza into a post-season series that he needed to win years ago. Jacques might not be so forgiving if one the younger guys makes a mistake. We saw Ryan O'Byrne forced to eat hot dogs upstairs last season although a lot of fans were screaming about how badly Bergeron was playing.

P.K. Subban has garnered a lot of hype. I honestly think we will see him struggle, assuming he makes the team. He added offense at the end of last season, but also make some defensive errors during the post-season. How will he handle a full year and how will Jacques react to a bad play by a young guy?

Max Pacioretty will surprise, I think. Expectations are low for Max, but I believe he will earn his way back up to the big club (although I don't think he will make the team out of camp) and end the season here. He is a good fore-checker who just needs to work on other aspects of his game. I believe you will him take a step forward in his development this season. I'm not saying he's going to score 15-20 goals, but that he will improve and earn himself a spot on the team eventually.

The other player I think could surprise is Tinordi, He has NHL size and skating and would learn far quicker being thrown into the fire that is being a Hab.Mark Tinordi has probably honed his skills as a defensive defenceman as much as he could already.

The other player I think could surprise is Tinordi, He has NHL size and skating and would learn far quicker being thrown into the fire that is being a Hab.Mark Tinordi has probably honed his skills as a defensive defenceman as much as he could already.

Tinordi is, at best, two years away from the CH.

And I think O'Byrne, if given the chance, will prove a valuable asset on the back end.

Reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hoping so.

Price will shine if those playing in front of him play well.

+1.........team effort from all = VICTIORY.

Archived