The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Is There A Player On The Habs You Think Might Surprise A Few People This Year?

HabsAdmin

QUOTE (theRazor67 @ Aug 25 2010, 12:28 PM)

Max is not likely to hit 20, but it would be sweet, right hrf

Ahh, I'm a big fan of Max, for starters. Also a big fan people eating their words, hats etc. :lol:

Go Lappy GOAL! ;)

Maxim will not, I repeat, will not score 20 goals this season. He will however have 20 different expressions during one period this season.

Maxim will not, I repeat, will not score 20 goals this season. He will however have 20 different expressions during one period this season.

312ebf6.gif

Looking forward to it.

---

I have a feeling Pouliot will be a surprise (in a good way).

thought i was gonna see a page full of "subban" lol

well im saying subban

lots of guys are in a position to surprise and prove themselves, and have shown they have the ability to.

kostitsyn

lapierre

price

O byrne

pouliot

id even throw boyd in there

and im hoping to like what i see from eller. i have a good feeling about him :)

I believe Hamrlik will be the big positive surprise. Players of his age tend to have a very good year when there contract expires and they want to sign their last big contract.

I thought maybe this was his last big contract? ;) . Regardless though, I agree with you. Either he's playing for a new contract next year, or he'll decide this is his last year and want to end on a high note. Either way I think he'll be extremely motivated for a solid year. (Not that I've ever questioned his efforts).

Well I'm hoping AK bounces back now that his brother is gone. CP will make believers out of doubters.

Praying that BP uses his size in front of the net. TM will play like a beast.

Metro will be missed. Cammi, Gomez & Gionta will be on fire.

Interested to see how Lars fits in but most of all I think Maxim should get about 19 goals.

Overall I'd have to say Dustin Boyd now go prove me right guys.

Didn't you say to pass the catsup if he does get 19? :lol:

Anyway, I think Pouliot's gonna have a great season this year. He impressed me when he came here, and I think he's in position to replicate that production.

Personally i think AK46 is going to have a career year, i liked what i saw from him in the playoffs. And am starting to think that this could finally be the season he pans out into the prospect that Montreal originally though he would turn into. This season and last he has had streaks in which he scores almost every game and when he has a good game (like game 2 vs. Caps) he has a GOOD game. If he can just show a bit more motivation i think this could be a career year for him, or at least i hope so, because i think that if he can have a good year his line will become one of the most dangerous in the league.

Personally i think AK46 is going to have a career year, i liked what i saw from him in the playoffs. And am starting to think that this could finally be the season he pans out into the prospect that Montreal originally though he would turn into. This season and last he has had streaks in which he scores almost every game and when he has a good game (like game 2 vs. Caps) he has a GOOD game. If he can just show a bit more motivation i think this could be a career year for him, or at least i hope so, because i think that if he can have a good year his line will become one of the most dangerous in the league.

I agree AK could be that happy surprise. Without lil bro in town, in a contract year, perhaps he'll focus on his game better. If he can produce right off, rather than take awhile to find his stride, and keep it up, I'm sure he can post 25 goals or more easily with Pleks feeding him. Go AK go.

Ben is the other one, if he crashes the net and finds the confidance that seemed so strong when he first got here, We'll have a great 1-2 punch with our top 6.

No one can deny that lack of goals is our biggest shortcomming. Some may say it is our size, but Cammalleri and Gionta are monsters in smurf's clothing.

Subban- think he will surprise all the doubters and put up 42-50 points this season.

Maxim- How can you not love Maxim if your a habs fan.....he gives it his all and if we increased his minutes he could easily put up 20 goals. Put him between Eller and Big Ben and see what happens.

Carey Price- He will be the biggest surprise, maybe not to us but to the league. This is the year of the Carey Price.

I have 3 choices for players who might surprise.

1) Scott Gomez: I think a lot of people expect Cammalleri, Gionta, and Plekanec to lead the attack, but don't count out Scott Gomez. he's my pre-season pick to finish first in team scoring. A lot of variables are at play obviously, but the guy has definite chemistry with Gionta and if the two of them can stay relatively healthy and find a winger who can do more than last year's Benny, they'll have good success. Gomez is the Habs' best forward in the neutral zone and while I don't expect him to score, I think we'll see him have more success in the offensive zone this year. I think he'll surprise in that a lot of people have picked on him for his contract and as I said, because his play seems to be somewhat over-shadowed by the three players I mentioned.

2) Ryan White: this is my sleeper pick to make the team out of camp, or if not to play his way onto the team the way Tom Pyatt did last year. the guy plays with heart and he uses his size better than a lot of our other players. If he continues to do that, I think he adds a lot of versatility and I think he can do the job guys like Latendresse and Moen have failed to do.

3) Jaro Spacek: admittedly, my evaluation of Spacek last year was that he under-performed although I know a lot of others were happy with his play. With Markov out, I wonder if he will finally get a chance to play on the left side and I think this will lead him to play better. I think he'll also possibly get first-line PP minutes with Subban until Markov is back, so again, this might help his offensive production. The other factor that helps Spacek this year is the improved depth we have on D and the fact that the schedule is not compressed by the Olympics, which I think will spare him some energy later on in the year. So for me, I think Spacek has the chance to improve on the performance he gave last year.

In response to some other posters, I would be surprised if Lapierre put up 20 goals and I would be equally surprised to see AK46 have a career year. Yes, AK46 is in a contract year, but I get the feeling he isn't motivated by all that much. I think he'll have good games and bad games, but this far along in his career I don't suddenly expect his performance to change by a drastic amount.

I have 3 choices for players who might surprise.

1) Scott Gomez: I think a lot of people expect Cammalleri, Gionta, and Plekanec to lead the attack, but don't count out Scott Gomez. he's my pre-season pick to finish first in team scoring. A lot of variables are at play obviously, but the guy has definite chemistry with Gionta and if the two of them can stay relatively healthy and find a winger who can do more than last year's Benny, they'll have good success. Gomez is the Habs' best forward in the neutral zone and while I don't expect him to score, I think we'll see him have more success in the offensive zone this year. I think he'll surprise in that a lot of people have picked on him for his contract and as I said, because his play seems to be somewhat over-shadowed by the three players I mentioned.

2) Ryan White: this is my sleeper pick to make the team out of camp, or if not to play his way onto the team the way Tom Pyatt did last year. the guy plays with heart and he uses his size better than a lot of our other players. If he continues to do that, I think he adds a lot of versatility and I think he can do the job guys like Latendresse and Moen have failed to do.

3) Jaro Spacek: admittedly, my evaluation of Spacek last year was that he under-performed although I know a lot of others were happy with his play. With Markov out, I wonder if he will finally get a chance to play on the left side and I think this will lead him to play better. I think he'll also possibly get first-line PP minutes with Subban until Markov is back, so again, this might help his offensive production. The other factor that helps Spacek this year is the improved depth we have on D and the fact that the schedule is not compressed by the Olympics, which I think will spare him some energy later on in the year. So for me, I think Spacek has the chance to improve on the performance he gave last year.

In response to some other posters, I would be surprised if Lapierre put up 20 goals and I would be equally surprised to see AK46 have a career year. Yes, AK46 is in a contract year, but I get the feeling he isn't motivated by all that much. I think he'll have good games and bad games, but this far along in his career I don't suddenly expect his performance to change by a drastic amount.

Excellent well articulated post! I like your assessment of Gomez and I particularly agree with the Spacek part in regards to the schedule and the hope of him playing on his natural side. The 'Markov out' aspect shouldn't be relied upon too much for Spacek to step up though. IMO it should be a rather short term factor.

The 20 goals for Lapierre is more running gag to kill time in a fun way while waiting for the season to begin than an actual prediction for most of the members carrying on about it, including myself. ;)

As for AK, I think he will step up. Not because it's a contract year but rather because I hope he will be free of the injury bug. He's a slow starter and each year, just as he was hitting his groove, he went down with something or another then had to start all over again. If healthy, I think AK will catch wind to his sail around the Holidays and will bring a solid contribution in the second half.

20 goals for Laps???

What's that all about???

Some type of funny business?

Yes, some funny business I'll try my damnest best to bring Lapierre into , it would be the icing on the cake, or the catsup on the jersey, whatever :D

Yes, some funny business I'll try my damnest best to bring Lapierre into , it would be the icing on the cake, or the catsup on the jersey, whatever :D

HA HA HA! LOL

I'd like a front row seat to that. Wait...what?...I'm the one who has to eat it?

Nevermind.

Archived