The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Is There A Player On The Habs You Think Might Surprise A Few People This Year?

HabsAdmin

I'll say O'bourne......................................................and sure & hell better be A.K. too.

That's if JM gives him a chance.

Poor guy, he played all last season with the fear of being benched... While MAB made errors on a nightly basis.

Kids aren't going to improve if their not given a chance to fix their mistakes. Usually when a young kid screws up, when he gets to the bench, you tell him to shake it off (that these things happen), then you proceed to tell him what he should've done instead. Nope, poor O'B gets his tail nailed to the bench for the rest of the game.

Guest Carey_Price

I don't know what's with everyone going on about Lapierre scoring 20 goals. He's a 15 goal scorer at best. Anywho, I believe Carey will have a great season and will shock many, not saying that because I like him and hope he'll do well, but because i think he's out to prove himself and make the fans forget about whoever our last goalie was, number 40 something...you know, the guy we traded in the off-season.

he's out to prove himself

Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey!

B):D

I agree. Markov and Subban could put up some really big offensive numbers.

Markov and Subban both have great offensive talent and we also have a number of smaller forwards who can work the puck around the perimeter. I would love to see JM stick a guy like Ryan White right in front of the net and let him do what Tomas Holmstrom or Dino Ciccarelli did, mucking around in the goalie's way and banging home rebounds. It'd make it a lot easier for the other guys to move around and just throw pucks at the net. PK and Markov will certainly get there chance to rack up points that way, as might Jaro Spacek. If White ends up going to Hamilton, then I think it's on the coaches to get someone, be it Moen, AK, Pouliot, or Darche to take that job of getting in the goalie's face. Our PP has been decent over the past few years, butit hasn't looked that good in camp so far. I'd like to see them work on that tonight and get more traffic at the net, particularly with all the 5-on3-'s we've had.

I don't know what's with everyone going on about Lapierre scoring 20 goals. He's a 15 goal scorer at best. Anywho, I believe Carey will have a great season and will shock many, not saying that because I like him and hope he'll do well, but because i think he's out to prove himself and make the fans forget about whoever our last goalie was, number 40 something...you know, the guy we traded in the off-season.

I think that Laps might get 20 goals, might. However, I think that he will have a very good season and take a big step towards maturing into a great defensive forward. I think he will get noticed this year.

Oh, and +1 about Carey.

Archived