Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AK-1

Mathieu Carle

73 posts in this topic

What is it that this young man is missing? On the surface he seems to have all the qualities of an NHL defenceman. the signing of Diaz was not good for Matt. Someone that watches the Bulldogs please explain to me why this 6 foot 200 + lbs right handed smooth skating puck-moving d-man hasn't earned the teams trust? Is he not physical enough? Poor decision making? It just seems that by now, he would have earned a long hard look with the big club. Now, it does appear as though he is AT BEST number 9 on the depth chart: Markov, Subban, Gorges, Gill, Spacek, Emelin, Weber, Diaz...

Please explain what's lacking.

His timing seems to be his downfall. He was in line for a look last season and got injured. Since then other options have developed. Bad luck on his part.

Two seasons ago (I think) he was with the Habs for 2 games and I, along with several TSN guys thought he looked solid in his appearances. Is he more of a bottom pairing guy or could he fit into our top 4 one day?

Two seasons ago (I think) he was with the Habs for 2 games and I, along with several TSN guys thought he looked solid in his appearances. Is he more of a bottom pairing guy or could he fit into our top 4 one day?

He has the potential to be a top 4 guy if he's ever given a chance.

Traded to the Ducks for Mark Mitera

PG must still have a strong connection with Anaheim huh, he's always trading with them. Lol.

Maybe a little more insurance in case Markov goes down again?

Maybe a little more insurance in case Markov goes down again?

Possibly, but ti gives Hamilton another big body with this trade.

Possibly, but ti gives Hamilton another big body with this trade.

And maybe some depth at Hamilton?

Yeah that too of course lol

That's what I figured.

Good for Matt

I bet nine1one is happy

Hard not to be happy for a guy getting a shot at his dream. ;)

Good for Matt

I bet nine1one is happy

its ok. lol he should have an easier time filling in should he be called up.

ducks have vishnovsky, fowler, foster, beacheman, sbisa and lydman as their top 6 defensemen.

4/6 are solid puck movers.

so should an injury happens to one of them, i could see him getting a look.

its ok. lol he should have an easier time filling in should he be called up.

ducks have vishnovsky, fowler, foster, beacheman, sbisa and lydman as their top 6 defensemen.

4/6 are solid puck movers.

so should an injury happens to one of them, i could see him getting a look.

I was under the impression he was gonna get a shot at a starting roster spot over there. Who's their #7 guy if its not Carle??

I was under the impression he was gonna get a shot at a starting roster spot over there. Who's their #7 guy if its not Carle??

Hmm. Forgot about that, they traded and didn't resign, mara, lilja, and sutton.

Smaby, Brookbank maybe.

Ok guys I had to look info up and no responses what is this!?

Poor Matt Carle, injured again at Ducks training camp a couple of days ago... his career keeps going backwards.

Poor Matt Carle, injured again at Ducks training camp a couple of days ago... his career keeps going backwards.

There was a while when I really thought that he was going to be the guy to break out and make a real contribution to our blue line. But since then it's been injury after injury, all at critical times. You've got to feel for the guy.

wasnt mark mitera the same way.. and do we still have him.. mitera.. and what has happened with carle since?

wasnt mark mitera the same way.. and do we still have him.. mitera.. and what has happened with carle since?

I believe he was playing for Anaheims minor league team. Not sure if he got claled up but if you look above he was injured again.