The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Alexander Avtsin

AK-1

He was quoted in Journal de Montreal last week, saying he would also go to Q if the organization wants him to.

That would be a good move if he could play for the Montreal Juniors along with Ian Schultz. Leblanc, Avtsin and Schultz would make a great line in the QMJHL. If none of them make the cut. That would give the Hamilton team with room for all the Prospects that can be taken on waivers.

That would be a good move if he could play for the Montreal Juniors along with Ian Schultz. Leblanc, Avtsin and Schultz would make a great line in the QMJHL. If none of them make the cut. That would give the Hamilton team with room for all the Prospects that can be taken on waivers.

correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure he played his last junior year with the Vancouver Giants of the WHL so if he didn't make the cut he would end up in Hamilton

correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure he played his last junior year with the Vancouver Giants of the WHL so if he didn't make the cut he would end up in Hamilton

Schultz played with the Calgary Hitmen he was their captain I believe, I think if that's what the Habs want him to do I'm sure that deal could be made over the phone easily. Avtsin playing with Leblanc for a year with Schultz seeing if he has the ability to be a power forward possibly, at the least he would make sure nobody takes liberties with Leblanc or Avtsin.

This kid should be play ing in the AHL this year unless he screws up at camp. Up to now he looks good enough. This guy played in the KHL last year, going to the Q is not going to be good for his development.

Avstin is gonna be good, i'm genuinely excited for him!

Yes, he has so much skill. Skills that we have not seen in Mtl in a long long time

The Habs are finally getting the depth of talent they used to have in the 70's, these prospects are lucky to arrive as the team has huge promise. The Habs are only going to get stronger in the next couple of seasons barring injuries.Go Habns Go!

I really need to adjust my mindset when I read your posts because you are so positive and your expectation of our prospects/rookies are so great. Don't get me wrong most of what you say is accurate but always with a stretch to the positive and that is ok - better than the negatively charged poster.

In the 70's the Habs were loaded with Norris and Hart trophy candidates. There will never ever be a talented group of players like that on one team again given the number of teams and the new cap world.

I really need to adjust my mindset when I read your posts because you are so positive and your expectation of our prospects/rookies are so great. Don't get me wrong most of what you say is accurate but always with a stretch to the positive and that is ok - better than the negatively charged poster.

In the 70's the Habs were loaded with Norris and Hart trophy candidates. There will never ever be a talented group of players like that on one team again given the number of teams and the new cap world.

It would take another GM with Sammy Pollock's skill and luck to put together a dynasty in the salary cap world but never say never. Go Habs Go!

Disappointed to see Avtsin isn't going to be playing Friday either, although I am eager to see his practice linemates White-Desharnais-Pacioretty play. Avtsin won't make the NHL team, but he's such an unknown as far as North American hockey goes that it would have been nice to see how he performs in an NHL-type game. One has to wonder if we really need to see a player like J.T. Wyman suit up when we could have assessed Avtsin. Wyman did little to impress me last year in his brief stint and hasn't stood out at all at camp thus far.