Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ColRouleBleu

Jeff Halpern

250 posts in this topic

By all means, I don't understand why he pushed Chris Kelly after he scored. Lack of sportsmanship perhaps?

By all means, I don't understand why he pushed Chris Kelly after he scored. Lack of sportsmanship perhaps?

Sens getting in the way for a goal celebration ...

It's too bad Spezza wasn't on the ice to shove around. :lol: I wouldn't look too much into it. I think it more or less two guys just running into one another, and Halpern decided to give him a little shove out of the way. Kelly reacted and it became a whole scrum.

Seems to me the signing of Halpern was a big one after all and he will just bring the same game night after night. Go Jeff Go! Even strength goals from the 3rd and 4th lines are what change a team to contenders. It takes the pressure offf of the top two lines and gives everybody confidence.

Not sure exactly why he did it, but I am sure it was hilarious.

Really good on face-offs. The coach sometimes put Halpern out as a 2nd center if the 1st center is kicked out of the face-off circle. Good on PK. However I think he could be a little better 5 on 5 offensively.

Been a nice surprise so far. It's neat having a defensive third-line player who can actually win faceoffs.

Been a nice surprise so far. It's neat having a defensive third-line player who can actually win faceoffs.

IMHo he's always been an underrated player. This is exactly the sort of player we should be going after as it means low cost to flesh out our roster. Gainey used to go after the guys who were coming off of big seasons & therefore looking for inflated contracts (Moen, Gill, Laracque) whereas PG has been going after guys under the radar (Halpern, Boyd, Picard). None of these guys (overpriced or underpriced) are going to win you the cup on their own, so why not save money where you can?

Halpern is really going to show his worth down the stretch winning the faceoffs in those close games, the very reason the Habs will be playing better 5 on 5.The other centermen can take some pointers from Jeff about faceoffs.

Halpern is really going to show his worth down the stretch winning the faceoffs in those close games, the very reason the Habs will be playing better 5 on 5.The other centermen can take some pointers from Jeff about faceoffs.

When the season started I thought that maybe Jeff would be the consumate third line center... right now I think he is closer to the 4th line if Eller is promoted to the third.

<!--quoteo(post=1841247:date=Oct 20 2010, 08:55 AM:name=weepingminotaur)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (weepingminotaur @ Oct 20 2010, 08:55 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1841247"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Been a nice surprise so far. It's neat having a defensive third-line player who can actually win faceoffs.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

IMHo he's always been an underrated player. This is exactly the sort of player we should be going after as it means low cost to flesh out our roster. Gainey used to go after the guys who were coming off of big seasons & therefore looking for inflated contracts (Moen, Gill, Laracque) whereas PG has been going after guys under the radar (Halpern, Boyd, Picard). None of these guys (overpriced or underpriced) are going to win you the cup on their own, so why not save money where you can?

Actually Halpern was the player Gainey was after three years ago when he signed with Tampa which led to the signing of Metropolit.

Halpern is looking like a really astute signing by PG. Great value for a versatile guy who plays hard cause he knows he could be waived any given year.

Halpern is looking like a really astute signing by PG. Great value for a versatile guy who plays hard cause he knows he could be waived any given year.

He was the unsung hero last night IMO... I know Benny scored that important goal but Halpern deserved that 3rd star at least.

Halpern has been a quality guy

1. In the face-off circle, something we have lacked since Yanic Perreault left.

2. On the PK, meaning Pleks and Gomez don't need to take the entire defensive load in addition to the offense.

3. Offensively, which has been more of a pleasant surprise than anything. I don't think he keeps this part up, but an occasional contribution from a 4th line player is welcome.

I am very happy with the play he has given us so far, and guys like Moen and Laps have turned in a few good games each, but I still believe the bottom 6 needs to provide much more in terms of energy and physical play. We don't have a single guy on this team with a mean enough streak to make the opposition think twice about making plays. So yes, Halpern is having a great start to the year, but as a whole when I look at the bottom 6, I am still not sure the mix of players is going to take us very far.

Probably the best $600,000 in the NHL.

Great player, he's a good guy to throw out there in place of Cammalleri on the Pleks line towards the end of the game when we're defending a lead. He's dynamite in the faceoff circle. Great deal for $600K

If Jeff keeps scoring at the rate he is 50 points is not out of the question, not a bad signing for a fourth liner with small time on ice.

If Jeff keeps scoring at the rate he is 50 points is not out of the question, not a bad signing for a fourth liner with small time on ice.

Maybe we want to consider throwing him out for a few shifts each game with some of our supposed, "top-six forwards," like Gionta, Pouliot, or... Moen. :lol: With the way Gomez is playing, perhaps a few shifts each game with someone like Halpern could get some of the wingers going,

He seems to play with a lot of energy and very skilled why don't we see what he can do with Gio the way he's doing it with BP

GO JEFF GP

He has never obtained 50 points in his career

I see no reason why he will get 50 pts playing with the Habs this year

He has never obtained 50 points in his career

I see no reason why he will get 50 pts playing with the Habs this year

Oh, definitely not. Maybe we can hope for 20-30 at best.

As long as he keeps winning those face-offs and maintain his overall level of compete, he stays in the 'good guys' column on my page :)

As long as he keeps winning those face-offs and maintain his overall level of compete, he stays in the 'good guys' column on my page :)

Can't argue with that, the way he plays he stays, why? can't he make 50 points just because he has never done it before doesn't say he can't do it now,if he keeps playing like he's playing and improving no reason he shouldn't, go for it Halpern it will be nice to see you try,now that's a full glass, you have to give it a try you have to believe

GO HALPERN GO :D :D

Got to get him a better name how about FO?? 2 ways you could say that that's what he says to the other guy in the FaceOff