The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Jeff Halpern

ColRouleBleu

well hes on pace for more then 50

I don't think he'll hit 50, but having 7 already, I'd hope he can get more than another 15-20 the rest of the way, especially if JM's thinking of giving him more minutes. I think we'll see him end up in the high 20s or low 30s, and hopefully he can continue to contribute on the draws and on the PK, which is what he was brought in to do.

Brian Savage ( are you aware of him ? ) was on pace for 50 + goals every October ...........lol

If Halpern gets 50 puts , we got a steal

With that logic Gomez and Gionta , our $7 and $ 5 million men , are on pace fo 20 to 30 pts :lol:

Everybody knows who Halpern is now, pretty good pickup.

He's 3rd / 4th liner who couldn't find a job until the summer was almost over and then at league minimum

Nothign to get excited about

Why can't we as fans just enjoy our team and players when they are playing well instead of looking for negatives.Hockey is a sport we watch and enjoy because it's our game and the Habs are the best team in the sport by far over the past century.I see Brian Burke has to deal with fans ridiculing Phaneuf (Booing him in Toronto's games)Anyways signing Halpern is paying dividends already and I'm glad Gauthier signed him.

I wasn't implying anything negative about Halpern just trying put his potential points this year into realistic terms .

Yea he's doing well.

But I really don't expect him to obtain as many points as he is on pace for

I wasn't implying anything negative about Halpern just trying put his potential points this year into realistic terms .

Yea he's doing well.

But I really don't expect him to obtain as many points as he is on pace for

Neither do I but I like to point out positive things not point out any negatives.Being a fan my way.

Neither do I but I like to point out positive things not point out any negatives.Being a fan my way.

Being overly positive does not make the Habs a better team than they really are and that applys to individual players also. If an assessment is honest then it doesn't matter if it is either positive or negative.

what a pickup for 600k.

Yup. Halpern for 600k, Darche for 500k, Pyatt 500k, Subban 875k, Picard 600k... all deals that are nicely priced. But they balance out the fact that we are paying way too much for guys like Gomez, Spacek, Hamrlik, Gionta, and Moen.

When White was sent down I posted on here somewhere that Halpern better not disappoint me but I didn't mean to the point where he's tied for the team lead in points. I'm definitely impressed with him so far and it's nice to see the points coming in for him while our three high-paid forwards take their extended summer vacations.

Halpern for Hart.

Seriously, though, Jeff is really stepping up when the team needs it.

I don't expect him to keep up this pace, but 15-20 goals and 20-25 assists is, I think, a reasonable expectation.

When White was sent down I posted on here somewhere that Halpern better not disappoint me but I didn't mean to the point where he's tied for the team lead in points. I'm definitely impressed with him so far and it's nice to see the points coming in for him while our three high-paid forwards take their extended summer vacations.

Halpern has definitely not disappointed, but I think in addition to his points, the two areas he's been huge for us have been on the PK and on draws. People overlook these a bit and tend to be more impressed with offensive production but this guy is giving it at both ends of the ice. Id' still like to see White up with the team and I'd really like to see if the club can make room for David Desharnais, especially with Pleks sick and Gomez waffling. Guys like Tom Pyatt and Dustin Boyd had better be careful of how they play because with Halpern and Darche stepping up, those two guys are now on the bottom rungs of the ladder.

Halpern has definitely not disappointed, but I think in addition to his points, the two areas he's been huge for us have been on the PK and on draws. People overlook these a bit and tend to be more impressed with offensive production but this guy is giving it at both ends of the ice. Id' still like to see White up with the team and I'd really like to see if the club can make room for David Desharnais, especially with Pleks sick and Gomez waffling. Guys like Tom Pyatt and Dustin Boyd had better be careful of how they play because with Halpern and Darche stepping up, those two guys are now on the bottom rungs of the ladder.

Exactly. He's excelled in the areas we signed him for. (Faceoffs/PK). Being tied for the team lead in points is just gravy. Lots of gravy. :D

I thought it was about time I dig up a post I made when Halpern was first signed and we were complaining it was a waste, lamenting the loss of Metro etc.

Bean-Counting-Hab

Veteran / Vétéran

Group: Members Posts: 1146 Joined: 28-June 09 Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:24 PM

I'll bet the city and fans will fall in love with this guy like we usually do with our bottom 6 centers.

This time next year, we'll sign another random FA bottom 6 centerman, and we'll say: I can't believe it, what a stupid move, why couldn't we have kept Halpern!

The prediction has not yet completely come to pass, but we're well on our way. :D

I thought it was about time I dig up a post I made when Halpern was first signed and we were complaining it was a waste, lamenting the loss of Metro etc.

Bean-Counting-Hab

Veteran / Vétéran

Group: Members Posts: 1146 Joined: 28-June 09 Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:24 PM

I'll bet the city and fans will fall in love with this guy like we usually do with our bottom 6 centers.

This time next year, we'll sign another random FA bottom 6 centerman, and we'll say: I can't believe it, what a stupid move, why couldn't we have kept Halpern!

The prediction has not yet completely come to pass, but we're well on our way. :D

Halpern has done very well so far this year, but I still believe the Habs were wrong to fill all there roster spots with veterans and leave no place for a younger player like White, Palushaj, Pacioretty, or Desharnais for example to have a good camp and hook on with the big team. My issue wasn't so much with Halpern as a player so much as he was the last guy to be signed to fill out the roster and what that meant. No question the low salary made the deal a little more acceptable, but I would still have liked to have seen a younger guy's efforts rewarded. Boyd and Pyatt were virtually awarded roster spots but haven't done much yet and Moen could be easily replaced by White if he wasn't a vet making more money. I still believe we need to see the full year play out before we decide whether Halpern is a guy who should come back but he's looking good so far.