The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Rookie Camp

HabsAdmin

Anyone you're particularly looking forward to seeing at the Habs' rookie camp this year?

Are you joking it's [b]HOCKEY[/b]

Don't know why that always happens to me

Of course we are all looking forward to rookie camp they are the future can't wait just wish I could be there

GO HABS GO :D :D

Don't know why that always happens to me

Of course we are all looking forward to rookie camp they are the future can't wait just wish I could be there

GO HABS GO :D :D

I think you misunderstood the question. The question was: is there a specific player that you're looking forward to seeing.

I for one am looking forward to seeing Eller.

Anyone you're particularly looking forward to seeing at the Habs' rookie camp this year?

I can't wait to see the Habs play whether it's the rookies or the vets.Alex Avtsin, Louis Leblanc and Jarred Tinordi and Joe Stejskal are the ones I would like to see the most I guess.

Players missing?

David Desharnais for example :blink:

I see that some of the players are far from rookies like Pacioretty,and White.It seems odd that Desharnais isn't there with those players. Maybe the Habs want to try some line combinations using the young centers like Eller,Leblanc, Engqvist etc.

Neither is Danny Kristo.

610x.jpg

isn't Kristo still playing in college? if so, that explains why he's not there

as for Desharnais, i have no idea why he's not invited, perhaps the club has already decided that he will be a bulldog and dont need to see him at this point?

and to answer the initial question. there's not one prospect in particular that i want to follow more than another. i cant wait to hear reports on them all. i'll be more curious to see who will stay for how long and why in the 'real' camp.

isn't Kristo still playing in college? if so, that explains why he's not there

as for Desharnais, i have no idea why he's not invited, perhaps the club has already decided that he will be a bulldog and dont need to see him at this point?

and to answer the initial question. there's not one prospect in particular that i want to follow more than another. i cant wait to hear reports on them all. i'll be more curious to see who will stay for how long and why in the 'real' camp.

One common trend I see is that all players invited (including Subban and Eller) are still on their entry level contracts. Desharnais is not, and so is Carle, which may be the reason why they aren't on the list.

by the way, for anyone interested, here's the schedule for the camp, which will be held in Brossard: http://habsinsideout.com/files/hio/imageca...ages/Sked_1.jpg

One common trend I see is that all players invited (including Subban and Eller) are still on their entry level contracts. Desharnais is not, and so is Carle, which may be the reason why they aren't on the list.

by the way, for anyone interested, here's the schedule for the camp, which will be held in Brossard: http://habsinsideout.com/files/hio/imageca...ages/Sked_1.jpg

Excellent point... it should be interesting then to see if players like Desharnais and Carle are still invited to the big club's training camp to follow... or have simply been relegated to the AHL.

Excellent point... it should be interesting then to see if players like Desharnais and Carle are still invited to the big club's training camp to follow... or have simply been relegated to the AHL.

No surprise Desharnais will spend the beginning of the season with Hamilton. Smaller players need that extra year in the lower league. If you look at Gionta and Cammalleri, both had the extra years in college/university to bring them up to NHL conditioning. Rarely do guys of his stature get in this soon.

To play him full-time in the roster is a mistake imo and takes up focus that needs to be on the other prospects, one or two of which need to be headed to the Habs roster to start the season.

I like what David has to offer the Bulldogs this season, and hope he can eventually get a shot at the roster in the future.

Archived