The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Rookie Camp

HabsAdmin

Avtsin and Maxwell scoring for Red Team, with Gallagher replying for the White. 2-1 Red, final.

PK (team White) laid out two huge hits to Hunter Bishop, who seemed to get dazed by the second huge hit and had a hard time going back to the bench. PK was dominant, streets ahead of the rest of the crew there. Leblanc looking somewhat strong out there, some flashes of his great talent and tenacity. I like what I saw of Avtsin, with slick puckhandling and strong offensive instincts, he was clearly one of the best forwards out there, along with Maxwell, whose experience really shows. Hockey IQ is there. All is left to see for Maxwell is if he can take this to the next level.

Kind of disappointed Eller wasn't there. I was really looking forward to seeing him in scrimmage play.

Apparently Tinordi had a good showing as well his skating and size and positioning were his strong points.

Avtsin and Maxwell scoring for Red Team, with Gallagher replying for the White. 2-1 Red, final.

PK (team White) laid out two huge hits to Hunter Bishop, who seemed to get dazed by the second huge hit and had a hard time going back to the bench. PK was dominant, streets ahead of the rest of the crew there. Leblanc looking somewhat strong out there, some flashes of his great talent and tenacity. I like what I saw of Avtsin, with slick puckhandling and strong offensive instincts, he was clearly one of the best forwards out there, along with Maxwell, whose experience really shows. Hockey IQ is there. All is left to see for Maxwell is if he can take this to the next level.

Kind of disappointed Eller wasn't there. I was really looking forward to seeing him in scrimmage play.

Thanks for the update, wish I could've been there myself. My boss wouldn't let me go though <_<

I'm looking forward to seeing Alex Avstin as well, from what i have seen he is quite a talented player over in europe and i think that he looks like a Brian Gionta type player to me, at least from what the tapes have shown. Anyway hardworker, he was involved in an all-star game and when i watched the highlights i was extremely impressed with his work-ethic, he was the hardest working player on the ice and got a lot of chances and good things for his team because of it. Anyway, he is the most unknown player i think to me on this rookie camp roster, also of course i'm looking forward to seeing Louis, Tinordi and of course who isn't excited to see what Lars Eller does, and guess what everybody it starts Tommorow! It will be the opening of habs hockey for the season.

Looks like Gionta?

That is not what I understood. He is tall, controls the puck well and highly skilled. Gionta gets most of his goal by going to the net and mucking it up. I love Gionta are they the same?

I, for one, am looking forward to seeing Ian Schultz throw his weight around. I really hope he cracks the lineup as a 4th liner. We need grit! I was so pumped two years ago when we signed you know who (refuse to say his name anymore), but he was nothing more than a big disappointment. I know Schultz's chances of making the Habs team this year is extremely slim however I would love to have him on my team over guys like Darche and Moen.

You think he has a chance of making the NHL this year?

I thought he was a long shot to be 4 th liner even less making the team out of Junior

A few bodies not on the ice: winger Andrew Conboy and centre Eller (lower body) and winger Hunter Bishop (upper body).

Afternoon update: Defenceman Andrei Markov, recovering from knee surgery, and newcomer Lars Eller (lower body, believed to be abdominals) skated between rookie-camp sessions today in Brossard with head athletic therapist Graham Rynbend.

-HI/O

Sounds like that hit PK laid on Bishop may have given him a concussion or something. PK, you're a tank, no need to kill our other prospects :P

that was a heavy hit indeed. Bishop was laid out and seemed lost on the bench. Trainer had to tend to him.

Sounds like that hit PK laid on Bishop may have given him a concussion or something. PK, you're a tank, no need to kill our other prospects :P

If this PK guy plays like that in practice maybe the Habs should think about signing him up. :lol:

:lol: This

that was a heavy hit indeed. Bishop was laid out and seemed lost on the bench. Trainer had to tend to him.

PK sounds like a hockey name to me.

Dosn't really affect the habs too much, but it may open the door to a minor leaguer looking for their chance with the Dogs.

I'm not too worried about the Dogs, we're deep in the prospect pool-so deep that had to let a few go this summer.

Here's to the Dogs having another great season... This time, let's bring the Calder back home!

Wish I had some time off, I'd like to go to the south shore and check out a few practices.

I am hoping to catch Louis in Verdun this winter... My shop is literally up the street from the Verdun Auditorium (which is where the Jr's play).

previous page :P

Wow, Subby-Doo! Huge hit, and i'm loving what i've seen so far (which in truth isn't too much) from Avstin and PK. PK has brought a competitive game to the rookie camp even though he has much more experiance and a much higher chance of making the habs than any of the other players at the camp. But Avstin has been very good and that was quite a nice goal and he added an assist in red's 2-1 win over white on day one. Even though it was only about 30 seconds of game footage it was so good to see the habs playing again! And i can't wait for the season and it's finally getting closer training camp isn't too long away and rookie camp gives me at least a bit of hockey to watch and follow.

Archived