The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Toughest Opposition In East

HabsAdmin

I think Boston will have a pretty big rebound season but Washington is IMO still clearly the class of the conference. Philly is strong too. Pittsburgh has holes and New Jersey does too, both are good teams just IMO not untouchable.

I think Boston will have a pretty big rebound season but Washington is IMO still clearly the class of the conference. Philly is strong too. Pittsburgh has holes and New Jersey does too, both are good teams just IMO not untouchable.

I agree. Boston still has some question marks for me, but their depth is scary. Washington's only real hole is nets imho, but that point could be moot if varlamov can rebound. Philly is definitely a concern and while I agree about pittsburg's holes, you just cant help but be scared of a team with that top 3 centre group.

Some of the other teams getting accolades (jersey, buffalo, nyr etc) Im not as worried about as teh top 4 above.

Buffalo and Boston I believe will have great seasons. Out of our division, the biggest threats on paper seem to be Washington, but I think Rangers and Tampa bay will have good seasons too. My prediction for the Eastern conference standings:

Washington

Buffalo

New Jersey

Boston

Tampa

Pittsburgh

Rangers

Philly/Ottawa/Montreal/Carolina (big season from Cam Ward)

Atlanta

Toronto

Florida

Islanders

Which of the Eastern Conference teams do you think will represent the biggest challenge for the Habs this season?

In head-to-head contests - Boston, Buffalo and Philly. We have the tools to beat Washington and Pittsburgh. We are just plain better than NYR, Carolina et al and I don't think Ottawa will be quite as strong this season. I have no idea how to call the Devils - I suspect that trying to play a more expansive game may be their undoing.

If they stay healthy, watch for Tampa Bay to do well.

I think Boston is going to cause us problems because they are a solid team and they are in our division. Obviously Washington will once again be solid and even though the Penguins lost Jordan Staal to injury for now, they look like they will challenge again for a solid spot in the east. And never forget the devils. If Kovy truely arrives with them after all the drama that went on this off-season they could be dangerous.

The team dressed in black and white that comes to each game with whistles :)

Aint that the truth? :lol:

I think we can beat any team on any given night if we bring our A game. Nobody out there scares me much.

Archived