I have the faith we are what we seem

A team with lots of heart and soul

All we need is to score a goal

Work hard in every way

That is all we need to play

Just as long as we never give up

That is what will get us the cup

GO HABS GO :D :D

Boston and Philly will be the toughest opponents for the habs to face, they match up against the other teams fairly well but these two teams play a big and powerful game that can be overwhleming for the habs... gotta address this issue. Other than that I like the way we match up against most of the East

As long as we use our skill and our speed

That is all we really need

We can play with anybody out there

Just as long as the refs play fair

I am not worried about any one team

I have the faith we are what we seem

A team with lots of heart and soul

All we need is to score a goal

Work hard in every way

That is all we need to play

Just as long as we never give up

That is what will get us the cup

GO HABS GO :D :D

GO HABS GOOOOOO!!! Hockey is back!!!!!!!!!!!

Divisonal opponents usually give each other a hard time and you play them 6 times a year.. the habs had winning record against the caps last season and usually play the pens tight. I'm more worried about Boston and Buffalo, simply for their combination of defense and goalies. Ryan Miller was the best goalie in the NHL last year and Tukka Rask quietly put up monster numbers behind. Each have a towering defenseman which can just take away tons of room... So I will say our away games against those two teams where claude julien and lindy ruff can use the matchups to their advantage.

Its def. going to be Philly. Oh how i hate them....we should be ready mentally for them, and play our hearts out....but, then again we should be playing our hearts out every night and we'll be fine :) Playoffs again baby lets BELIEVE!!! Ya and leafs still will not make the playoffs let the curse continue montreal-canadiens-habs-toronto-maple-leafs-toskal1.jpg

The Toronto Maple Leafs. The series between them will be much close than it is on paper. The leafs have already taken game one. This is the greatest rivalry in the world and everything goes out the window when they play each other. It's just the way it is. With that being said, I hope to god the habs destroy them the next 5 games and help cripple their dreams of making it to the playoffs.

The Toronto Maple Leafs. The series between them will be much close than it is on paper. The leafs have already taken game one. This is the greatest rivalry in the world and everything goes out the window when they play each other. It's just the way it is. With that being said, I hope to god the habs destroy them the next 5 games and help cripple their dreams of making it to the playoffs.

The #1 rivalry today in the NHL is Bruins-Habs. Leafs-Habs is the #1 rivalry for the Leafs. Both give some of the best games and the highest prices in all concerned arenas.

En...too early to say....Just as the large start of Toronto,I don't know if they will be really that good this season. Sounds like it will be a chaotic season for the eastern conference. If i choose...

Washionton, Pittsburgh,New Jersey,Toronto,Two New York Teams.Carolina,Boston,Buffalo.And...the god damn Phillies.

There are too many intangibles at work. Injuries play a major part of any success/failure a team has. As we seen yesterday New Jersey only iced 15 skaters against Cindy and Co. for one reason or another. Kee personel who are injured can't be replaced (see Markov).

No team is immune to unforseen circumstances.

There is a lot more parity in the league than there was 10-15 years ago, so any team can surprise another team on any given night, or in any given playoff series, as we saw last year. I think we match up well against teams that play an open, offensive-style game, perhaps because our small forwards have more room on the ice and perhaps because our defense steps up against bigger-name players and seems to give us more of a counter-attack. But I agree that how we match up on paper doesn't necessarily translate into game outcome, and teams are rarely both fielding a full complement of players for any given game. If I were ranking how tough opponents are, I would put them into a few categories:

1. Teams that play tough, that are big and physical, that play us well, and that are playoff caliber teams: Bos, Phi

2. Teams that play well against us but that are more likely to be fighting for the playoffs rather than fighting to win a division: Buf, Tor

3. Teams that are good teams but whom we might have some success against this year: Was, Pit, NJ

4. Teams that we will go neck-and-neck with and who could win or lose against us any given game: Ott, TB, Car

5. Teams that I think we are just plain better than and should win against if we put in the effort: NYR, NYI, Fla, Atl

Again, that doesn't mean that I think Buf or Tor will make the playoffs, only that I think they will be tough opponents for us this year. I see the teams in categories 1 and 3 making the post-season, with our Habs duking it out with categories 2 and 4 for those last few spots.

Going out on a limb here, not sure if it's been mentioned but IMO, the toughest opposition often seems to be the team wearing the black-and-white striped uniforms. <_<

The #1 rivalry today in the NHL is Bruins-Habs. Leafs-Habs is the #1 rivalry for the Leafs. Both give some of the best games and the highest prices in all concerned arenas.

I thought the #1 rivalry was the caps v pens rivalry :huh:

I kid i kid :lol:

Archived