The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Toughest Opposition In East

HabsAdmin

......... the toughest opposition often seems to be the team wearing the black-and-white striped uniforms. <_<

That's just an exscuse for the lazy penalties the Habs take

Too much parity in the league , every team will be tough

I it'll be the most tough to beat: Philly, Boston, and NJ.

I think it'll be tough to beat: Buffalo, Washington, Pittsburgh, and Tampa Bay

I think it'll a little tough to beat: Toronto, Ottawa, NYR, and Carolina.

I thing we should have little trouble beating: Atlanta, NYI, and Florida.

I it'll be the most tough to beat: Philly, Boston, and NJ.

I think it'll be tough to beat: Buffalo, Washington, Pittsburgh, and Tampa Bay

I think it'll a little tough to beat: Toronto, Ottawa, NYR, and Carolina.

I thing we should have little trouble beating: Atlanta, NYI, and Florida.

NY islanders could be the dark horse this year.....

• 2 weeks later...

Like I said before our toughest opposition is ourselves. If the team that beat Vancouver plays all year than we'll be fine. HOWEVER if we see the team that lost to Columbus, Ottawa, etc then brace yourselves.

This being said it is a long season full of ups & downs but I know our Habs will have more "ups" than "downs".

Like I said before our toughest opposition is ourselves. If the team that beat Vancouver plays all year than we'll be fine. HOWEVER if we see the team that lost to Columbus, Ottawa, etc then brace yourselves.

This being said it is a long season full of ups & downs but I know our Habs will have more "ups" than "downs".

Totally agree with you we are our own worst enemy,some nights we are superb others it looks like we just don't want to bother,every team has bad games but ours are not bad they are sometimes just lazy,but I love them just the same

GO HABS GO :D :D

The toughest team the Habs have to play against is their own fans. If a player does something wrong, the fans make him want to commit suicide. There are going to be bad games for every player in the NHL. You guys have to be more forgiving. Carey Price has the potential to be a fantastic goaltender, yet every year you guys give him boos and yell at him. This destroys his confidence. Make the guy feel good and he'll do better.

The Habs also are only going to have trouble against the Flyers. Boston chokes against the Habs, and not many teams can keep up with the Canadien's speed. Never have, never will. The Flyers hit so hard and are so physical against the Habs that they can make the team shrink quickly. Not only that, but Philly is equally as fast as Montreal is.

The Habs are building confidence now with three wins in a row and a 7-2 win over the hurricanes is icing on the cake. Montreal will win the NE Division this year unquestioned, but how will they do in the playoffs?

I'm sorry for being so harsh in the first paragraph, but it needed to be said. Let the players feel wanted, but don't candycoat their welcome. There's a fine line between making the players want to play well here and making them sign with another team.

Archived