The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#49 Michael Bournival 2012-2013

Nine1One

Bournival is in with a deep pool of prospects the Habs have joining the Bulldogs,he should be lighting the lamp for Hamilton and with Patrick Holland making a great PK duo.These two speed demons are going to drive opponents nuts when they get revved up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

He's had a great start to his camp in Hamilton, with great hits, and two goals, he's turning head.

First goal was scored from the slot, however, the second goal was a thing of beauty.

Breakaway, with the defender right on his heels, great speed, and put it top shelf.

Can't wait to see what he will bring to Hamilton.

He's had a great start to his camp in Hamilton, with great hits, and two goals, he's turning head.

First goal was scored from the slot, however, the second goal was a thing of beauty.

Breakaway, with the defender right on his heels, great speed, and put it top shelf.

Can't wait to see what he will bring to Hamilton.

Hello & welcome Inquisitive. Congrats on your first post.

• 4 weeks later...

I think he's better then a third line center.. either way the habs have a deep prospect pool that they can use for trade bait or if we wait we'll have a high octane offense that will be hard to slow down.. it seems like all of our prospects are great at skating and good puck handlers.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

im not sure how he played with the dogs, but I doubt he sees much ice time unless there are plenty of injuries. In terms of ahead of him to play, your probably looking at a playoff forward roster like this:

Pac-DD-Gally

Gio-Pleks-Bourque

Chuckie-Eller-Ryder

Army/Moen-Halpern-Prust

White

Army/Moen

Blunden

Nokelainen

Leblanc

Bournival

I know, was just thinking it would've been nice to see him play, especially in a game that has no real impact on the standings or making the playoffs rather than see him under the microscope because he was in due to injuries in an important game, wich i know would be a real long shot anyway.A few others got a taste this year and I didn't really see where it would have hurt to give him a taste.

I haven't heard much about him. Has anybody been able to see him much as a dog? What will he bring to the habs from a style of play stand point?

He seems more of a hard worker than a skilled type of player. He'll skate hard, battle for pucks along the boards, and occasionally block shots. He's shown some flashes of skill here and there but it's not consistent. I see him spending another year or two in Hamilton with a few short call-ups before getting a legitimate chance in Montreal.

He seems more of a hard worker than a skilled type of player. He'll skate hard, battle for pucks along the boards, and occasionally block shots. He's shown some flashes of skill here and there but it's not consistent. I see him spending another year or two in Hamilton with a few short call-ups before getting a legitimate chance in Montreal.

3rd line center after Pleks?

He'll have to fight it out with Nattinen and Vail.

Nattinen has been a healthy scratch/injured for most of the season it seems and he hasn't shown much in the last 2 years. Vail could possibly be in contention for that 3rd line role when it opens up if he's given a larger role with the Bulldogs next season.

I just noticed Vail just turned 19 years old in March so he'll likely be too far behind to fight for a spot with Bournival.

Nattinen has been a healthy scratch/injured for most of the season it seems and he hasn't shown much in the last 2 years. Vail could possibly be in contention for that 3rd line role when it opens up if he's given a larger role with the Bulldogs next season.

I just noticed Vail just turned 19 years old in March so he'll likely be too far behind to fight for a spot with Bournival.

Yes but while Nattinen has been scratched couldnt that be because of Lefebvres love affair with zach stortini?

I never knew he was a healthy scratch. I thought he became good in the second half of his rookie year after playing on a line with Geoffrion and I think Engqvist and carried it on to this year?

I never knew he was a healthy scratch. I thought he became good in the second half of his rookie year after playing on a line with Geoffrion and I think Engqvist and carried it on to this year?

I know this is becoming off topic but he was playing pretty well with Geoffrion and Engqvist. It's when he wasn't playing with both of those players it started to become a problem as he relied too much on them for his game to stay at that level of play.

Yes but while Nattinen has been scratched couldnt that be because of Lefebvres love affair with zach stortini?

I honestly don't even know what's going on anymore. I just want a new team.

• 2 weeks later...