Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forever_Habs10

Game #17 Carolina @ Montreal-november 13,2010

672 posts in this topic

Hamrlik-Subban

Spacek-Gorges

Gill-Picard

Who will be the 7th D-man?

Answer: OB-gone;-can-no-be. ;):lol:

Hamrlik-Subban

Spacek-Gorges

Gill-Picard

Who will be the 7th D-man?

Ryan O'byrne nvm.

Bergeron? :D

Price's glove save to follow .... ;)

It's already on YouTube. I'm waiting for the video on the Markov incident...

Video of the Markov incident:

I'm waiting for the video on the Markov incident...

Duplicate.... Innis deletes .... WM had it up already.

HabsCanespuck.jpg

• At a Glance: The Canadiens capped off what was billed as a tough week with their third-straight victory on Saturday night, defeating the Carolina Hurricanes 7-2 on Saturday night. Carey Price made 28 saves for his 10th win of the season, already closing in on the total of 13 he won all of last season. The Canadiens jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first period thanks to goals by Tomas Plekanec and Michael Cammalleri. The Hurricanes tied the game 2-2 in the second period when Anton Babchuk scored a power-play goal 9:08 into the period. Former Hab Tom Kostopoulos scored two minutes later with a wrist shot over Price's shoulder. But the Canadiens stormed right back, scoring three times before the period with Brian Gionta scoring his fourth of the season with a wrist shot over Cam Ward's shoulder. Maxim Lapierre made it 4-2 when he went it alone, spun in front of Ward and slid the puck into the open side of the net. That goal marked the end of Ward's night, replaced by Justin Peters, who was promptly beaten by Benoit Pouliot made it 5-2 with a power-play goal with less than two minutes to play. With about five minutes to go in the third period, Andrei Markov crumpled to the ice after what appeared to be a knee-on-knee hit by Eric Staal. Markov was unable to put any weight on his right knee walking off the ice, and he was seen punching the boards while lying on the ice, which could be a sign Markov knew something was wrong. Andrei Kostitsyn scored his seventh of the season while the Canadiens enjoyed a two-man advantage late in the game, making it 6-2, while Mathieu Darche made it 7-2 while Carolina was still killing off the second penalty. Montreal finished 3-for-6 on the power play and the Hurricanes have allowed 15 goals in their last two games.

• Key Moments: MIdway through the third period, Price made what could be his best save of the season when he moved across his crease to absolutely rob Chad Larose of a sure goal with a great glove save.

• What It Means: The third-straight win improves Montreal's record to 11-5-1 for 23 points and first place in the Northeast Division.

• What's Next: The Canadiens continue their four-game homestand with visits from the Philadelphia Flyers, Nashville Predators and Toronto Maple Leafs with games on Tuesday, Thursday and next Saturday.

HABS I/O

I'm starting to put more of the "blame" on Markov .... like last play-offs he was not well positioned ... the puck was by already, he wasn't chasing it, it looked like he was trying to run soft interference, and Staal was surprised by it and tried to jump behind. I may be taking back my Staal rants. Markov has to play more focused (?) I dunno. He seemed to expose himself for no good reason. I really dunno.

I sure love the guy. He must be my favourite Hab.

Hopefully, this is relatively minor. Days or weeks, and not months. :(

Hard to say it it was intentional or not Stall was going for the puck and collided knee to knee with Markov

I'm starting to put more of the "blame" on Markov .... like last play-offs he was not well positioned ... the puck was by already, he wasn't chasing it, it looked like he was trying to run soft interference, and Staal was surprised by it and tried to jump behind. I may be taking back my Staal rants. Markov has to play more focused (?) I dunno. He seemed to expose himself for no good reason. I really dunno.

That's my feeling on the replay too unfortunately.

And for those who missed it:

Here's the Price save:

what the :huh: ...was this game tonight televised on CBC?.

I heard the tail end of an injury evaluation on CBC. I don't know who it was but it said something about 4 stitches and now heading to the hospital. Anyone else hear who it was? Not Markov is it?

And the Lapierre goal:

Love this comment from one YouTube'r.... "Really nice goal, huge fail at the goal celebration. " :lol:

she just fell to the floor off her chair...

What chair? there's almost no more furniture here, I'm almost done smashing it all in small piece :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Am I the only one who didn't see anything wrong with the contact? Looked accidental and unfortunate to me...

that makes it doubly frustrating if that's possible

What chair? there's almost no more furniture here, I'm almost done smashing it all in small piece :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Hey crb i found this it says E. Staal 23423 Pine Road, Raleigh, NC.

Wonder what it is. You can have it

Ryan O'byrne nvm.

Please

Ryan O'byrne nvm.

I'd rather want MAB as a forward than as a D-man. Weber is more responsible defensively while bringing up some PP depth, like MAB would.

You have to turn the audio (way) up, but when Laps finishes his spin-o-rama and is facing the empty net, with Ward no longer even in his crease, you can hear Ward mutter (like I said, you have to turn the audio (way) up....)

"Oh, crap."

:lol::D

I sure love the guy. He must be my favourite Hab.

Hopefully, this is relatively minor. Days or weeks, and not months. :(

I'm thinking Markov came back too early. I'd call this a freak play for Markov to get re-injured on but it could have happened the past few games or the next few games. Too bad though because we're gonna miss him.

Great game all around by the Habs. Even better that the Laffs and Bruins lost.

what the :huh: ...was this game tonight televised on CBC?.

Toronto/Vancouver - National

Ottawa/Boston - Ottawa and most of eastern ontario

Montreal - Quebec

it sucks big time CRB...were all feeling your pain...trust me on that....huge unnecessary lose for us . :angry:

big game for pleks.

HUGE!

It helps swallow the pill a bit ... and the final score too of course

Hey, CRB. I am going to bed with my fingers and toes crossed (hurts like hell (the toes)). Least I can do for Markov. Hopefully, this is nothing like the last time.

HUGE!

It helps swallow the pill a bit ... and the final score too of course

does it help that tonight your fantasy pool soooo far has earned you 10 points

Thank God Markov isn't on my pool...

who cares about pools :rolleyes:

Listening to CJAD hopefully they'll update what's happening with Markov

JM says news will come forth in the next few days , he doesn't know how serious it is at the moment

Here's the Price save:

And the Lapierre goal:

LOL kinda reminds me of the game against the Hurricanes last November.

Lapierre scored in the shootouts but Price stole his show when he made an unbelievable save xD

Edit: Removed youtube videos lol