The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Steven Stamkos

thefooligan5

I'm a little surprised to find no one had started a Stamkos thread yet. But in light of him scoring in 19th goal (and 35th point) in his 19th game I figure people may want to discuss his incredible start.

HOnestly, I love him. :D Represenets my lightning well. He's easily gonna keep this pace up :P jkjk

Over at globe and mail, they're debating if Stamkos should be held in the same esteem as Crosby and Ovechkin, check out this dumb comment:

Will it happen? No idea. But it does seem that Stamkos' date=' for all his obvious achievement, lacks the charisma of Ovechkin and the Beliveau-Howe-Orr-Lafleur-Gretzky-Lemieux lineage that Crosby appeared to arrive with already in hand. Call it "Royal Jelly," call it whatever you wish, few have it and many of equal or even greater talent do not. It's inexplicable, but it's also real. So while Stamkos is clearly up there in numbers and game impact -- even in the measure of top players in the NHL, where he clearly stands with them today -- he isn't up there in terms of the reverence fans offer one at a time, in this rare Ovechkin-Crosby era two at a time. [/quote']

Umm... wut?

Over at globe and mail, they're debating if Stamkos should be held in the same esteem as Crosby and Ovechkin, check out this dumb comment:

Umm... wut?

Wut? the___does that mean if it means anything at all?Stamkos is playing like he was billed a surefire star hockey player.He plays through all the same media attention all players of his ilk have had to.His image with the fans is just as high profile as any player that accomplishes the feats he has.

Wut? the___does that mean if it means anything at all?Stamkos is playing like he was billed a surefire star hockey player.He plays through all the same media attention all players of his ilk have had to.His image with the fans is just as high profile as any player that accomplishes the feats he has.

GOOO STAMKOS! also, baring his first season. I think the got stamkos campain was waranted xD

Just pleased to see he's having a great start to this season...good for him...great hockey player...awesome to watch.

Just pleased to see he's having a great start to this season...good for him...great hockey player...awesome to watch.

Yeah, I was watching him from 8 years of age up (well, twice a season or so anyway). I'm glad to see him doing so well; good head, no ego, works hard -- deserves it. I always thought he'd be good; just never occurred to me he'd be this good! :D

Stamkos played his minor hockey for Markham Waxers (Toronto) and my son's team would play them twice a season. He's the same age, and (ahem) not in the NHL (that'd be my fault; my hockey genes helped little to none :lol: ). Stamkos' team would generally win 6-0 (that'd be a good game; keeping the score that close). The team also had Mike Del Zotto and Cody Hodgson on it (yeah, can you say "stacked"! :huh: ). Their last year together, as 15 year-olds, they went something like 80 games, 80 wins :blink: (league, tournaments, play-offs, etc.).

Stamkos' play (and offensive results) bodes well for the Team Canada's in the future.

TBay does need some team defense and goaltending though. Yzerman will get that sorted out at some point, in the not too distant future.

(Reminds me, I'll have to lookup where Hodgson is at -- last I heard he was hampered by a back injury with some 'alleged' liability on the Cancucks (who drafted him) for their prescribed off-ice work. Very smart hockey player as well. I liked his talent, vision and breadth of game more than Tavares'.)

Yeah, I was watching him from 8 years of age up (well, twice a season or so anyway). I'm glad to see him doing so well; good head, no ego, works hard -- deserves it. I always thought he'd be good; just never occurred to me he'd be this good! :D

Stamkos played his minor hockey for Markham Waxers (Toronto) and my son's team would play them twice a season. He's the same age, and (ahem) not in the NHL (that'd be my fault; my hockey genes helped little to none :lol: ). Stamkos' team would generally win 6-0 (that'd be a good game; keeping the score that close). The team also had Mike Del Zotto and Cody Hodgson on it (yeah, can you say "stacked"! :huh: ). Their last year together, as 15 year-olds, they went something like 80 games, 80 wins :blink: (league, tournaments, play-offs, etc.).

Stamkos' play (and offensive results) bodes well for the Team Canada's in the future.

TBay does need some team defense and goaltending though. Yzerman will get that sorted out at some point, in the not too distant future.

(Reminds me, I'll have to lookup where Hodgson is at -- last I heard he was hampered by a back injury with some 'alleged' liability on the Cancucks (who drafted him) for their prescribed off-ice work. Very smart hockey player as well. I liked his talent, vision and breadth of game more than Tavares'.)

Honestly the last time i check the tampa bay d stats. Not one of them was a 0 or plus o.O

Not intending to get too far off topic, but I found my answer: Hodgson apparently on his way (finally) to the NHL -- playing well with Moose Jaw of AHL currently:

Hodgson articel # 1

Hodgson article # 2

Good to see / glad for him.

a goal slump but he's still putting up the assists.

I think the only way he'll ever be able to achieve great heights is if Vincent Lecavalier bounces back and becomes a legitimate second line scoring threat.

One-trick offensive ponies like TB are limited in offensive capacity.

I think the only way he'll ever be able to achieve great heights is if Vincent Lecavalier bounces back and becomes a legitimate second line scoring threat.

One-trick offensive ponies like TB are limited in offensive capacity.

what do you mean one trick offensive ponies? they have stamkos st louis lecavalier simon gagne

they also have the 5th best pk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...