The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Holiday Hockey Memories

HabsAdmin

I'm sure there are others who have some great stories but I don't have much of a history to pull from. First thing I thought of was last year when we played the Leafs on boxing day. Instead of having our usual Christmas dinner on the 25th we were doing it that day and I can remember about 20 of us sitting around watching and I was the one single Habs fan out of all them (except for a Pen loner, but he was cheering the Leafs anyway) and in OT when they scored, everyone was still sitting but had jumped up and was woohooing and it felt like they were looking at me like who are you. They weren't used to me being a hockey fan. Everything was good in the end. My family are not bad people :P It was the first time we had been all watching a game and I completely let my colours show.

Don't think I'll forget that.

Recent memories: going to watch the Habs play in Tampa and Sunrise in 2008 with my husband and 2 daughters. This was so much fun that we're repeating the experience this year :)

Less recent memories: getting my first Habs jersey from Santa. I was eleven or so and my favorite player was Lafleur but I had asked for (and received) a #17 because Murray Wilson was so handsome B)

Ah,,, the famous New Years Eve game vs Russia ( i assume your talking this game ;) ). Thats my fondest memory for sure. What a game.

Was thinking the same thing. What a game that was and what a Habs team!

Another one of my favorite holiday memories was Christmas of 92'. I was visiting my dad who was in the armed forces at the time and was posted in Germany. We spent Christmas in Paris and New Years in Switzerland. While we were in Switzerland we were able to catch the world junior championships in our cabin. It was probably the closest I've ever been to my dad rooting on the Canadian junior team.

Guest habs1952

a 3-3 tie against some team from another part of the world

That makes it to #2 on my list. #1 is when my daughter gave me tickets to a Habs game as a Christmas gift. # 3 are the memories of playing hockey, whether it be on the road or ice, when I was a fair bit younger. Playing the game is the one thing I truly miss the most in life. :( Sucks to get old.

That makes it to #2 on my list. #1 is when my daughter gave me tickets to a Habs game as a Christmas gift. # 3 are the memories of playing hockey, whether it be on the road or ice, when I was a fair bit younger. Playing the game is the one thing I truly miss the most in life. :( Sucks to get old.

very nice 1952 ;)

My first time around a NHL arena was when I was given Sweden/Slovakia and Slovakia/USA tickets in Ottawa. Wish I wasn't busy and could have gone to the gold medal game, but we watched it during our conference banquet on two screens and it was pretty good.

My first NHL game was right after that in Washington with the Caps playing the Oilers, where we cheered for the Oilers and they won.

Mine would be playing hockey with my cousins on Christmas day for years now and also going to the gold medal final for the world juniors in Saskatoon last year, even though Canada lost it was still the best sporting event i have ever been to.

I live in near the state capital in NY. We would go to Trois Rivers every year for New Years Eve party at my grandmothers. This would be the only time all year I could watch a game and not hear the Bruins announcers most biased of all time or the Rangers announcers. My grandparents did not have cable in the 70's and 80's so I would watch the games under poor reception with the rest of the family partying I could not typically get an english broadcast but as long as I did not have to hear the Bruins announcers I LOVED IT, that week was always a lot of fun for me

Mine would be playing hockey with my cousins on Christmas day for years now and also going to the gold medal final for the world juniors in Saskatoon last year, even though Canada lost it was still the best sporting event i have ever been to.

Great stuff & congrats on you're first post! :)

On december 25, 2010 I got my first hockey sweater. My dad had given me a turtleneck, at his house which was cool and then at my moms i opened my big present and there was the tomas plekanec jerseY! and now im wearing it over the turtleneck! it was a coincidence too :) it feels awesome

On december 25, 2010 I got my first hockey sweater. My dad had given me a turtleneck, at his house which was cool and then at my moms i opened my big present and there was the tomas plekanec jerseY! and now im wearing it over the turtleneck! it was a coincidence too :) it feels awesome

That's awesome. I am habby for you! Congrats!

Yahhhhhh....santa cameeeeeeeeee. :lol: ...ho ho ho....Merry X-Mass to all. :P

Archived