The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Atlanta Thrasher Mascot Arrested For Stealing A Zamboni

CANADIENS27

Maybe this belongs on the "Good Laugh" thread and the moderators are free to move it there if they think it's appropriate. Last Monday, December 15 at 8:10 A.M., the Atlanta Thrashers mascot was arrested for stealing a Zamboni from the team's practice facility in Duluth, Georgia and driving it along 25 miles of interstate to downtown Atlanta. "Thrash" was attempting to draw attention to the team because he felt they weren't getting the support they deserve. He succeeded in drawing attention from the Gwinnett County police who arrested him and from ESPN who put him at No.8 on the Not Top Ten plays which is how I found out about this. He remains behind bars as of yesterday.

In an attempt to free their feathered mascot, the team is running a campaign where fans can buy tickets in $50, $100, and $250 packages with the proceeds going to a local charity. "Thrash" is also getting support from the other local mascots. Anyone who is actually interested can go the Atlanta Thrashers website for further updates.

driving down to florida not once but twice while going like 25 mile per hour over the limit a georgia cop passed and gave the slow down signal with his right hand, and this all occuring like 10 years apart from the two events.

i don't mean to start any rumors, but who exactly is to say that this isn't a concoction of the parties who stand to lose the most from the team moving to ontario? i mean i think i just have to take this with a grain of salt- but more like the size of salt you spread on the driveway when you get ice. like the size of a fingernail. :P

driving down to florida not once but twice while going like 25 mile per hour over the limit a georgia cop passed and gave the slow down signal with his right hand, and this all occuring like 10 years apart from the two events.

i don't mean to start any rumors, but who exactly is to say that this isn't a concoction of the parties who stand to lose the most from the team moving to ontario? i mean i think i just have to take this with a grain of salt- but more like the size of salt you spread on the driveway when you get ice. like the size of a fingernail. :P

Ohhhhh conspiracy theory...I like it!

Another Gary Betman inspired team at its best, maybe Betman will decide to move them to mexico city I mean hockey is gonna be huge there

I actually think the atlanta franchise will be able to succeed. They love their sports teams in atlanta, and was bettman around in the 70s? cause thats when atlanta had the flames. They're a good winning team now. They will draw the people.

I do have to wonder whether this whole stunt was scripted. Amazing what the marketing department can come up with sometimes.

It's not like someone's whose job is putting on a costume doesn't already have a record; nothing to "besmirch" really, with a "Zamboni borrow".

it was lol watch the vids

I actually think the atlanta franchise will be able to succeed. They love their sports teams in atlanta, and was bettman around in the 70s? cause thats when atlanta had the flames. They're a good winning team now. They will draw the people.

Disagree

The braves went to the playoffs for over 10 years and could not sell out home games in playoffs

Disagree

The braves went to the playoffs for over 10 years and could not sell out home games in playoffs

lol good point, they dominated the 90s.

would the division stuff change then? there would only be 4 teams in the south east now. o.O the only way i could see it happening is if nashville switched conferences.

I do have to wonder whether this whole stunt was scripted. Amazing what the marketing department can come up with sometimes.

It's not like someone's whose job is putting on a costume doesn't already have a record; nothing to "besmirch" really, with a "Zamboni borrow".

The article stated he acted on his own, but anything's possible. With this campaign Atlanta is running and the other mascots and the media in on the action that may be possible. I wonder if the moderators will get in on this action or just sit back and have a good laugh.

Archived