The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

I Don't Get It.

kinot-1

Guest habs1952

We are having an provincial election here in Ontario, and I am watching the news. They did a blurb on a candidate, and in the background, there were kids, about 7-10 years old holding up signs. :blink:

What I don't get, is why are there kids there? They can't vote, and it's highly unlikely that they would understand what all of the issues are. By the time they can vote, the issues will have changed, as well as the candidates. <_<

JM2C

Sounds like the NDP making it look like they have a lot of support. :lol:

We are having an provincial election here in Ontario, and I am watching the news. They did a blurb on a candidate, and in the background, there were kids, about 7-10 years old holding up signs. :blink:

What I don't get, is why are there kids there? They can't vote, and it's highly unlikely that they would understand what all of the issues are. By the time they can vote, the issues will have changed, as well as the candidates. <_<

JM2C

I also hate when 12 or 13 year olds lecture me about politics. They're freshmen in high school. They don't know anything. I seriously had to turn to one of them and say "I don't know if you know this or not, but Republicans don't actually endorse new taxes." And then they proceeded to look at me like I grew an extra arm.

Guest habs1952

I don't get why people don't know how to spell anymore. Sure we all make mistakes but I need a calculator to add up the number of times I've seen 'loser' spelled 'looser'. Another one is 'break' spelled 'brake'.

I don't get why people don't know how to spell anymore. Sure we all make mistakes but I need a calculator to add up the number of times I've seen 'loser' spelled 'looser'. Another one is 'break' spelled 'brake'.

Then you'd have to take your calculator to some of the comments regarding news articles in the papers. Ticks me off too.

Guest habs1952

I here wot you are saying!!! :D I don't get text language, for goodness sake, it's not ok or k it's okay, and it's mate not m8, m8 is a road nnumber in the UK, text language really anoise me, stop being so lazy!!!!!! :angry:

And if we want to be really picky it's 'hear', 'what', 'number' and 'annoys'. :rolleyes::lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest habs1952

WOW,,,,the language police are out in force. :unsure:

I think the Kiwis are worse than the Brits and Aussies. But then what do you expect from a country whose toilets flush backwards too. ;):lol: :lol: :lol:

Swearing isn't allowed. :P

Dammit :angry:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest habs1952

Today was "Walk to school day". Hello,,,,,back in the day, we didn't need a "day" to celebrate it. It was the norm. We didn't think twice about it. We walked to school every day. Now they need a day for it? :blink:

I don't get that either. :mellow:

Makes you want to scream doesn't it? They take P.E. out of schools and have the kids ride the bus. Any wonder why kids are lazy and getting fat?

Makes you want to scream doesn't it? They take P.E. out of schools and have the kids ride the bus. Any wonder why kids are lazy and getting fat?

No wonder here,,,parents give their kids "allowances" (what is it,,,$20 these days, mine was 25 cents a week for doing the dishes, cutting the grass, and shovelling snow).,,,for doing what? Then they give their kids $ for lunches. The parents let their kids snack after school, just before supper, (then the kids don't eat ), then the kids want something after supper.

I ate 3 meals a day, breakfast, lunch and supper,,no snacks, nothing, in-between. Weekends, my mother would make us popcorn or a coke-float, and for good night, she would make a pizza (homemade).

JM2C

No wonder here,,,parents give their kids "allowances" (what is it,,,$20 these days, mine was 25 cents a week for doing the dishes, cutting the grass, and shovelling snow).,,,for doing what? Then they give their kids $ for lunches. The parents let their kids snack after school, just before supper, (then the kids don't eat ), then the kids want something after supper.

I ate 3 meals a day, breakfast, lunch and supper,,no snacks, nothing, in-between. Weekends, my mother would make us popcorn or a coke-float, and for good night, she would make a pizza (homemade).

JM2C

I don't get allowance, but I do eat a lot.

At least I'm not fat.

I don't get allowance, but I do eat a lot.

Maybe that's why you don't get an allowance :lol:

When I go to the mall, I usually park away from other vehicles. Nobody around me for about 3 spaces. Invariably, when I come out to the truck,,,there is someone parked right next to me. Not 2 spaces away, not one space away,,,,,but right next to me. :(

I don't get that. :blink:

When I go to the mall, I usually park away from other vehicles. Nobody around me for about 3 spaces. Invariably, when I come out to the truck,,,there is someone parked right next to me. Not 2 spaces away, not one space away,,,,,but right next to me. :(

I don't get that. :blink:

And that's especially true if you have a new car. Always some beat up old wreck that parks beside you.