The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

I Don't Get It.

kinot-1

Guest habs1952

Maybe that's why you don't get an allowance :lol:

When I go to the mall, I usually park away from other vehicles. Nobody around me for about 3 spaces. Invariably, when I come out to the truck,,,there is someone parked right next to me. Not 2 spaces away, not one space away,,,,,but right next to me. :(

I don't get that. :blink:

Wow! You too? :lol: I park about 200 yards from the door because I know people are much too lazy to walk that far. :lol:

And that's especially true if you have a new car. Always some beat up old wreck that parks beside you.

That's why you always try and park next to the newest or flashiest cars....they owners ain't going to damage their pride and joy by bashing it against your car!!! B)

That's why you always try and park next to the newest or flashiest cars....they owners ain't going to damage their pride and joy by bashing it against your car!!! B)

Yeah but I find they usually park in handicapped spots leaving their AC on while they shop so they don't have to go out too far.

same here. I hate texting with a passion I really do. My boss will send me like 4 texts in a row and the amount of time he spent typing these stupid little texts out he could have called me and explained what he wanted.

You know what i don't get? Teen Pregnancy. Every spring i see nothing but 16-19 year olds pushing baby carriages around town with another bun the oven. Is it the cool thing to do now? Get pregnant and be a burden on society? Did the cost of birth control go up 1000%?

'

While I am not endorsing teen pregnancy there are two things to watch out for. for the 18-19, on of my friends was married at 18, had her first child at 19 and then had two more and is still happily married (10-11 years now), so some things that work for others don't necessarily work for us. Second thing is, maybe they aren't teens. I am 26 and some people think i'm underage, so they may just look really young as well. On a side note, have you ever seen the show 'pregnate in heels'? I think i'ld choose a teen as a mother over some of these woman :huh::unsure:

While I am not endorsing teen pregnancy there are two things to watch out for. for the 18-19, on of my friends was married at 18, had her first child at 19 and then had two more and is still happily married (10-11 years now), so some things that work for others don't necessarily work for us. Second thing is, maybe they aren't teens. I am 26 and some people think i'm underage, so they may just look really young as well. On a side note, have you ever seen the show 'pregnate in heels'? I think i'ld choose a teen as a mother over some of these woman :huh::unsure:

In this day and age, there is absolutly NO excuse for getting pregnant. Teens can go to Family Planning without their parents knowing and get free (read taxpayer paid) birth control. They are taught in school about birth control (unlike back in the day).

I,62, ,at the time,,,was seeing a woman with 2 daughters. One was 25, the other was 13. Oldest daughter got preggers,,,had an abortion,,,2 mons. later, got preggy again, had the baby, and did not know who dad was, until DNA. Youngest got pregnant at 16,,,because she was told (by her friends) that pills caused cancer. She had the baby, and now is 17. The guy is (politely) a jerk.

Long story short,,,,,Eldest daughter (now 29) is on "Mothers Allowance/Welfare. Youngest (now 17) is on Mothers Allowance/Welfare.

Their mother and I have split,,because of them.

Guest habs1952

In this day and age, there is absolutly NO excuse for getting pregnant. Teens can go to Family Planning without their parents knowing and get free (read taxpayer paid) birth control. They are taught in school about birth control (unlike back in the day).

I,62, ,at the time,,,was seeing a woman with 2 daughters. One was 25, the other was 13. Oldest daughter got preggers,,,had an abortion,,,2 mons. later, got preggy again, had the baby, and did not know who dad was, until DNA. Youngest got pregnant at 16,,,because she was told (by her friends) that pills caused cancer. She had the baby, and now is 17. The guy is (politely) a jerk.

Long story short,,,,,Eldest daughter (now 29) is on "Mothers Allowance/Welfare. Youngest (now 17) is on Mothers Allowance/Welfare.

Their mother and I have split,,because of them.

Remind me never to look for a date in London. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Remind me never to look for a date in London. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Consider yourself reminded. :P

I don't get this at all.

The other day, people were lining up to buy the latest iphone, smart phone, ipad, or some such thing. Many lined up the night before. Why,,,,,don't they realize that the same thing will be for sale the next day? This is just plain stupid.

Were these the same people that lined up 4 months ago to get some other newest iphone, smart phone, ipad,?

I think the gene pool needs more chlorine. <_<

Consider yourself reminded. :P

I don't get this at all.

The other day, people were lining up to buy the latest iphone, smart phone, ipad, or some such thing. Many lined up the night before. Why,,,,,don't they realize that the same thing will be for sale the next day? This is just plain stupid.

Were these the same people that lined up 4 months ago to get some other newest iphone, smart phone, ipad,?

I think the gene pool needs more chlorine. <_<

i dont get it either. Some people absolutely MUST be the first to get any new item, but if you're the first to get it you're teh first to complain about any bugs in the product because it just hit the market, if you wait you get a better version of it.

i dont get it either. Some people absolutely MUST be the first to get any new item, but if you're the first to get it you're teh first to complain about any bugs in the product because it just hit the market, if you wait you get a better version of it.

Well said that man, and you also get to read some independent reviews to find out if it's actually worth buying at all!!!!

Here's something else I don't get.

Whether in a grocery store, a department store or just walking down the street, I see overwight women (only because men don't wear them) wearing skin-tight pants (back in the day,,,they were called leotards) :blink: . Don't they look at themselves before going out? It's like they're emphasizing the weight.

Being overweight is one thing,,,but emphasizing it is something else. <_<

Guest habs1952

Here's something else I don't get.

Whether in a grocery store, a department store or just walking down the street, I see overwight women (only because men don't wear them) wearing skin-tight pants (back in the day,,,they were called leotards) :blink: . Don't they look at themselves before going out? It's like they're emphasizing the weight.

Being overweight is one thing,,,but emphasizing it is something else. <_<

Big is sexy

If your a hippo.

People on the bus who stand directly in front of the exists, even when there are other available places to stand, so that when you wish to get off you have to awkwardly move your way through and it takes 7435903 minutes just to get off of the bus.

I don't get this either,,,,,I watch Leno just about every day,,,,and he has "The Tonight Show Band" on. Now this " band" has about 7 or so members. They do not play anything,,,they do the intros,,,and the "ta-dums" but that about it :blink: . Letterman is the same.

If they are a band,,,,,,then actually play something.

Leaves me really wondering about the show. :unsure:

People on the bus who stand directly in front of the exists, even when there are other available places to stand, so that when you wish to get off you have to awkwardly move your way through and it takes 7435903 minutes just to get off of the bus.

that's 14.1474 years or so. that's a long time to my mind. really take that long?

I was posting on Back in the day,talking about wasting resources,so I thought to come here and say I don't get it,my inlaws waste so much electricity,I just can't believe it,they have a big house and there is only the two of them at home, they always have at least one light on in every room,at night, Mike is the same I am forever turning lights out after him,they never unplug anything,nothing should be left plugged in,when it's not in use,they go on holiday and leave everything plugged in,and their lights on a timer,so they all come on in the evening,even when they are not there,and no one can see their house,they have no idea about saving electricity,that is what growing up in the Uk after the war did for me,I waste very little.

GO HABS GO :lol: :lol:

I'm just watching the news and there were 2 young people (boy and girl teens) shot in T.O. Now,,,,what I don't get is that they are sending in grief counselors to talk to the students, soooooo who will be talking to the victims families? Nobody,,,that's who :( . The family needs counselling more than the students. :angry:

Every year at this time,,,,the same things happen. Rememberence Day is coming up, and you just know that poppy boxes will be stolen, and war memorials will be desecrated. Well, it's happened again :angry: . Nothing changes with these low-lifes. They (if they're caught) get nothing,,,,house arrest, a fine or community service.

Give them some time (like 4-6 months) to think about it and serve as an example to anyone else that does what they did. :angry:

Guest habs1952

Every year at this time,,,,the same things happen. Rememberence Day is coming up, and you just know that poppy boxes will be stolen, and war memorials will be desecrated. Well, it's happened again :angry: . Nothing changes with these low-lifes. They (if they're caught) get nothing,,,,house arrest, a fine or community service.

Give them some time (like 4-6 months) to think about it and serve as an example to anyone else that does what they did. :angry:

They should me sentenced to serve in the armed forces and sent to Afghanistan. Maybe they won't make it home. ;)

One thing I didn't get at all!

In montreal, I had my camera to take pics at the game. Group of guys sat down infront of me with 4 women on the other side, the women all sat infront of me. So as the game goes on every time I had a decent shot at a picture, they decide to move their head....EVERY time. Some I had the photo being taken before they move their head JUST as it took it. They didn't even pay attention to the game, they literally sat there dancing to music, textng, and talking to their friend 4 rows down. So my question is...if your not going to watch the game....why spend a couple hundred on tickets just to sit around and text and dance.