The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

I Don't Get It.

kinot-1

Guest habs1952

I dont find it depressing, but im usually not in a good happy christmas mood until we put out our decorations

Hell, I'm not in a happy Christmas mood until we take the decorations DOWN! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here in my 3 apt. blocks, (about 90 apts.) there are 2 apts. with Christmas trees set up and lit, and I haven't really been looking. :blink:

I've seen a lot of lights on around my neighbourhood already. I don't even have mine up yet lol.

Dec. 1st,,,that's when I decorate,,,,,,like about 5 mins. :lol:

We have a lot of decorations, and I get way in to decorating the house. It's fun. :)

I don't get: Why some stores are playing Christmas music already. When it's the middle of November, 10 degrees out, and no snow.. I think it's a bit too early lol.

I was listening to a sports show today,,,and they were talking about superstars (Crosby,,,Malkin,,,OV,,,etc). OK,,,,,if they are superstars,,,,,what are stars :unsure: ? Are the stars the mediocre ones that score 25-35 goals a season? If mediocre players score 25-35 goals a season, I don't think they're stars.

Just who are the stars?

• 3 weeks later...

Tonite I was watching Kimmel on TV. They had a "group" that played a few songs. The lead singer played the piano, with 4 back-up singers. Now, the lead singer had a sort of goggles on his forehead that "resembled" aviators glasses. Why he had them on ,,,,,is any-ones guess. He sang a slow song,,,,but I could only make out the word "down/downer/downs", and I ain't that deaf.

Where do these so-called "singers" come from?

I don't get it.

I don't understand why some people don't hold doors open for other people. It takes 3 seconds to look behind you to see if someone is there. If no one is there, you keep going. If someone is there, you hold it open. It takes up like 20 seconds of your time, and you're doing something nice for someone else.

I don't understand why some people don't hold doors open for other people. It takes 3 seconds to look behind you to see if someone is there. If no one is there, you keep going. If someone is there, you hold it open. It takes up like 20 seconds of your time, and you're doing something nice for someone else.

Once i was trying to get my bicycle fixed, go to a bike store and the lady infront of me neglected to hold the door open, i had half a mind to say would it kill you to help me? so i dont break the glass door with my pedal....it would take like 30 seconds and you might get to the helmet section a tad slower but i doubt theyd sell out

I always hold doors open for everyone, if they are close. If they don't have the courtesy to say "thank you" (or nothing at all) then I say thank you to them, and follow them in/out. Sometimes the younger generation surprises me (by holding the door open for me), and sometimes the older generation surprises me (by not saying anything).

What makes me smile,,is when I get called "sir"... :lol:

Once i was trying to get my bicycle fixed, go to a bike store and the lady infront of me neglected to hold the door open, i had half a mind to say would it kill you to help me? so i dont break the glass door with my pedal....it would take like 30 seconds and you might get to the helmet section a tad slower but i doubt theyd sell out

I was at the mall waiting for the bus, and the bus I was taking faces the front doors. I was waiting for 15 minutes, and I think I only saw about 3 people holding the door open for someone else.

I always hold doors open for everyone, if they are close. If they don't have the courtesy to say "thank you" (or nothing at all) then I say thank you to them, and follow them in/out. Sometimes the younger generation surprises me (by holding the door open for me), and sometimes the older generation surprises me (by not saying anything).

What makes me smile,,is when I get called "sir"... :lol:

I always hold the door open, aswell. It bothers me when people don't bother to say thank you. It's not like you had to hold the door open for them. Another thing I don't understand.

20 seconds?

it doesn't take that long. :lol:

I'm 17 and I hold doors open for people. I guess its parenting though, I've never not held doors open.

I don't get the people that only hold doors open for women. Why can't you be polite to everybody?

Good on you powerplay. :)

Here's what happened to me today. I went to the mall today and as I was arriving at the mall doors, the was a couple in front of me. The couple were a young man about 22 or so, 6' tall and lond shoulder-length hair, 200#, and an older woman of around 60, about 5'3, and 110#. The young man arrived at the door first. He had his hands in his pockets and waited until the woman opened the door for him :blink: . After she opened it, he walked through and waited at the second door, hands still in pockets. She then opened that door for him as well :angry: . They walked in and just chatted away. He appeared pysically and mentally ok to me.

I never in all my days seen anything like it before. :blink:

Good on you powerplay. :)

Here's what happened to me today. I went to the mall today and as I was arriving at the mall doors, the was a couple in front of me. The couple were a young man about 22 or so, 6' tall and lond shoulder-length hair, 200#, and an older woman of around 60, about 5'3, and 110#. The young man arrived at the door first. He had his hands in his pockets and waited until the woman opened the door for him :blink: . After she opened it, he walked through and waited at the second door, hands still in pockets. She then opened that door for him as well :angry: . They walked in and just chatted away. He appeared pysically and mentally ok to me.

I never in all my days seen anything like it before. :blink:

Maybe he is a germophobe and doesnt want to touch the handles?

I will say this about holding doors though. Earlier today, I was holding open a door and people walked through for like 2 minutes. There's worse things, but I had to run to catch up to my family!

And I hate that awkward moment when someone is too close to shut the door on them, but kinda far away to hold the door open and looking like an idiot.

I will say this about holding doors though. Earlier today, I was holding open a door and people walked through for like 2 minutes. There's worse things, but I had to run to catch up to my family!

And I hate that awkward moment when someone is too close to shut the door on them, but kinda far away to hold the door open and looking like an idiot.

I hate that. People are idiots, they'll walk through with their whole group instead of taking over for you and letting you catch up with yours. I understand if it's one or two people, I hate when it's four different groups and not one has the common sense to let you go through.

That happens to me a lot. It's really awkward. Especially when the person has to run up to the door. Although, they always say thank you and look genuinely surprised, so that's nice. It makes the awkwardness worth it.

That happens to me a lot. It's really awkward. Especially when the person has to run up to the door. Although, they always say thank you and look genuinely surprised, so that's nice. It makes the awkwardness worth it.

lol my best friend was in Toronto last weekend and held the door open for this women and her kid. She acted like a scared dog who was about to get hit :rolleyes: when she stepped by him she asked why was he being so nice, his response

"I'm not from Toronto"

lol my best friend was in Toronto last weekend and held the door open for this women and her kid. She acted like a scared dog who was about to get hit :rolleyes: when she stepped by him she asked why was he being so nice, his response

"I'm not from Toronto"

No surprise there. :lol:

I don't get this, ( not the charity, just the $$$$). From CTV news.

"The holidays for tens of thousands of teenaged girls were ruined on Sunday after the Toronto taping of a Justin Bieber concert sold out in a matter of minutes, depriving them of a chance to see their pop idol up close.

Bieber, the Stratford, Ontario-born heartthrob known for his hit "Baby," was scheduled to tape "Home for the Holidays" at Massey Hall on Wednesday, Dec. 21.

Tickets for the event went on sale at 4:00 pm local time on the venue's website. But within a matter of minutes the site was jammed and the concert sold out.

Ticket speculators were also quick to jump on the demand for tickets with tickets listed on the popular bidding site eBay soon after for as much as $1,499.

The exclusive concert for MuchMusic and CTV is expected to air on Dec. 22.

Proceeds from the tickets sales were to go to Bieber's Believe charity."