The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

I Don't Get It.

kinot-1

Guest habs1952

So,,, I'm thinking of going to the theater on Sat. (I've been to about 4 shows in the last 40 years). I look up the prices and see that they have seniors for $9.50,,,,,,,,, "plus" a "convenience fee" of $1.50. What the heck is a convenience fee? Do I get a better softer seat? Do they provide food or drinks delivered to the seat? Will they stop the movie while I go to the washroom, so I don't miss anything?

#perlexed

Quit your complaining. Because of the cheap senior's price everyone else pays an inconvenience fee. They pay more because the seniors use up all the cushions as pillows, hoard the food and drinks in their purses or bags thinking its free groceries for the week and block everyone's view when they constantly need to empty their bladders.

And to think that in just 2 short years, you will become "one of us", digging and scrounging for every senior's perk that you can find. I was once was told by my older sister, that "you just say that you're a senior, they don't ask". That was when she was 57 and had grey hair :lol: .

#wedeserveeverythingwecanget :P

• 1 month later...

I went to a small shop today and on the door was a sign that said "Back in 15 minutes". 15 mins. from when? Was the sign put up 1 min. before I got there, or 14 min. before I got there? Am I supposed to wait and find out?

I don't get it. <_<

I've definitely done this at work. It always says 5 mins, though. More to let people know it'll be super quick and they won't have to wait long if they do show up while I'm gone. 15 minutes doesn't really carry the same message, though.

So,,, I'm thinking of going to the theater on Sat. (I've been to about 4 shows in the last 40 years). I look up the prices and see that they have seniors for $9.50,,,,,,,,, "plus" a "convenience fee" of $1.50. What the heck is a convenience fee? Do I get a better softer seat? Do they provide food or drinks delivered to the seat? Will they stop the movie while I go to the washroom, so I don't miss anything?

#perlexed

It means you pay less which is convenient for you, so they charge you for that.

Standing in line at the grocery store today, there was a young (early 20's) woman buying a bag of chips and a chocolate bar, total cost $3.48. I expected her to pull out a $5 or $10 bill. Nope, she pulls out her debit card. Now, until I was a senior, I paid $.50 per debit transaction. If that is still in play, then she actually paid $4.00 for those 2 things. Wouldn't it have been cheaper and simpler to have gone to the bank and draw out $20-$40 or $60 (for the week), and pay $.50 for that 1 transaction, than to use many transactions at $.50 per?

Here in the States, the transaction fee is merchant-dependent. Some card companies/processors charge more than others, and some do minimum charges. For the most part, at the places I shop at often, my bank card is fee-free. Except the local donut shop, which can't process any transactions less than $5. So if you're trying to be slightly sensical and buy only one donut, it costs as much as buying three. So I blame them for everything. :ph34r:

Here in the States, the transaction fee is merchant-dependent. Some card companies/processors charge more than others, and some do minimum charges. For the most part, at the places I shop at often, my bank card is fee-free. Except the local donut shop, which can't process any transactions less than $5. So if you're trying to be slightly sensical and buy only one donut, it costs as much as buying three. So I blame them for everything. :ph34r:

What is the first rule of moderation?

Guest habs1952

Standing in line at the grocery store today, there was a young (early 20's) woman buying a bag of chips and a chocolate bar, total cost $3.48. I expected her to pull out a $5 or $10 bill. Nope, she pulls out her debit card. Now, until I was a senior, I paid $.50 per debit transaction. If that is still in play, then she actually paid $4.00 for those 2 things. Wouldn't it have been cheaper and simpler to have gone to the bank and draw out $20-$40 or $60 (for the week), and pay $.50 for that 1 transaction, than to use many transactions at $.50 per?

I think most people using a debit card pay a flat fee per month of about 10 to 15 dollars. Myself, I usually keep a pile of change(loonies and twonies) in the car for small purchases.

• 2 weeks later...

My sunglasses had broke so I went to my local store to pick up another pair. I usually buy my sunglasses there and when I looked for them, I couldn't find any. I asked the clerk where they were and she said that they were out of them and wouldn't be restocking them. I asked why they wouldn't be restocking them and she told me that they only stocked sunglasses in the summer :blink: .

Evidently, it's too cloudy in the winter here. Who knew? dontknow.gif

I'll tell you what's wrong with Chicago. Apartment interiors should never have to be faux painted. That means the exteriors should approximate a wooden boat, straked or ship lapped it really doesn't matter, but this brownstone and faux dutch canal garbage people call home should be buried along with politics. :D

Special thanks to Kinot for his finger painting reference which was essential in my meditation. :huh::lol: :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just thinkin' about JR.

Everyone wants to get together to send him all expenses paid to the Riviera as our rep but does he think to send the dog food to Luxembourg for inspection before he feeds it?

I say CANCEL the trip. :lol:

The actual name for a crime committed with guns when occurring with more than one in collusion is treason to my mind ; in the US.

After all we are just a democratic experiment grown in comparative economic wealth most likely due to cash crop tobacco sustaining an otherwise rather staid, non-polemic society in Virginia and south in contention to the bull of King John in 1604.

King John in 1604. Kinot...is that you? :lol: :lol:

It's hard enough when you hate someone's system. It gets even harder when you find you hate a person's system analysis, but when you hate a person's system mediation it's time.