The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

I Don't Get It.

kinot-1

t,,,,,,,,,,,h............a........................................n...........................................k............................................................................s

Y,,,o,,,u,,,,,,,a,,,r,,,,,e,,,

(to be continued later, as I can't type that slow)

Something else I don't get. I live in a university/college city and there is a street where there must be 5 bars on one block. Now,,,you could go downtown to this block and find every bar packed to the gills with students at night. OK,,,no probs with that,,,,,,but what I do not get,,,,is that they are the same students that complain that the tuition is too high. Heck if you can afford to drink,,,,,,,,then don't complain about the tuition.

JMHO

Neighbours who play their electric guitars outside. Whyyyy. <_<:mellow:

Hoping you will sign them to a contract maybe? :unsure:

Something I REALLY don't get is guys (mostly on TV) that have a 2-3 day growth of beard :blink: . Not a full-blown 6 month growth, but to me it just looks lazy. Is there a razor that only shaves a small bit off, so they can keep it looking that way? It must feel like sandpaper when he gives someone a hug.

Hoping you will sign them to a contract maybe? :unsure:

Something I REALLY don't get is guys (mostly on TV) that have a 2-3 day growth of beard :blink: . Not a full-blown 6 month growth, but to me it just looks lazy. Is there a razor that only shaves a small bit off, so they can keep it looking that way? It must feel like sandpaper when he gives someone a hug.

Beard trimmers will give a very VERY short cut on the beard.

I just read this, it happened July 3, 2011. I don't get this either. As a motorcyclist,,,,,to me,,,it's a no-brainer,,,,pardon the pun.

"ONONDAGA, N.Y. (AP) — A motorcyclist participating in a protest ride against helmet laws went over his handlebars, hit his head on the pavement and was killed, police said Sunday.

The motorcyclist, 55-year-old Philip A. Contos, likely would have survived the accident if he'd been wearing a helmet, state troopers said.

The accident happened Saturday afternoon in Onondaga, a town in central New York near Syracuse.

Contos was driving a 1983 Harley-Davidson on a helmet protest ride organized by the Onondaga chapter of American Bikers Aimed Towards Education, or ABATE, troopers said. The organization states that it encourages the voluntary use of helmets but opposes mandatory helmet laws.

Contos, of Parish, hit his brakes, and his motorcycle fishtailed and went out of control, flipping him over the handlebars, police said. He was pronounced dead at a hospital.

New York is one of 20 states that require all motorcycle riders to wear helmets. Lobbying by motorcyclist groups has led some states to repeal helmet laws.

A helmet that meets federal standards reduces the wearer's chances of being killed in an accident by more than 40 percent, said safety consultant Jim Hedlund, of the Governors Highway Safety Association."

I don't know why this hit me (probably cos I was watching the comedy network and that's where i heard it), but I'll share it with you all.

One of my favorite comedians talked about how stupid the Steelers are (football team). Apparently last summer or the previous one, their quarterback had a motorcycle accident, the thing is he had a bad head injury cos he wasn't wearing a helmet. Thing is, he wears a helmet in every game, yet doesn't wear one when driving 65 mph on 2 wheels!?! :lol:

Talk about dumb!

I don't get it. :rolleyes:

I don't know why this hit me (probably cos I was watching the comedy network and that's where i heard it), but I'll share it with you all.

One of my favorite comedians talked about how stupid the Steelers are (football team). Apparently last summer or the previous one, their quarterback had a motorcycle accident, the thing is he had a bad head injury cos he wasn't wearing a helmet. Thing is, he wears a helmet in every game, yet doesn't wear one when driving 65 mph on 2 wheels!?! :lol:

Talk about dumb!

I don't get it. :rolleyes:

Good one FS :lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

From MSNBC, posted today.

"Three girls trying to raise money to go to a waterpark thought that a lemonade stand would do the trick. But then they met the long arm of the law — their local police chief.

The girls had started up their stand in Midway, Ga., when Police Chief Kelly Morningstar and a deputy drove by.

"They told us to shut it down," 10-year-old Skylar Roberts was quoted as saying by The Coastal Source news website.

"It’s kind of crazy that we couldn’t sell lemonade," added 14-year-old Casity Dixon. "It was fun, but we had to listen to the cops and shut it down."

Morningstar defended his action and received the support of Midway's mayor. "We had told them, 'We understand you guys are young, but still, you’re breaking the law, and we can’t let you do it anymore,'" Morningstar said. "The law is the law, and we have to be consistent with how we enforce the laws."

That city law requires a business and food permits ($50 a day), even if the stand was at the home of one of the girls.

Health issues were also a concern, Morningstar said. "We were not aware of how the lemonade was made, who made the lemonade, of what the lemonade was made with, so we acted accordingly by city ordinance,” he said.

News of the bust caused an outpouring of local support for the trio — and The Coastal Source said it had given the girls tickets to the waterpark."

Now,,,,,why can't the powers that be ,,,just make an exception in the law,,,,,for,,,say anyone under 12.

This is beyond stupid. :angry:

Casey Anthony,,,,I don't get how the jury came to their verdict. IMHO,,,she deserved more.

Innocent till proven guilty. There wasn't enough solid proof. HOWEVER-I think that she is indeed guilty and should have gotten more. But IMO the jury made the right call.

Innocent till proven guilty. There wasn't enough solid proof. HOWEVER-I think that she is indeed guilty and should have gotten more. But IMO the jury made the right call.

Your right of course,,, :( ,,,but the circumstancial evidence (not hard facts) points to her.

Anyway,,,,I was watching the local news tonite, and after the news they were showing "Fashoin TV". Here's what I just don't get about it.

Nobody,,,,and I mean nobody,,,walks like the models do,,,,I mean the heel/toe stuff, unless they're being tested for DUI. <_<

And nobody,,,,has an expression on their face like death not warmed over, except for the "so-called" models. :mellow:

Maybe I move in the wrong circles, but has anyone seen a normal woman wearing what the "fashion designers" are putting out? :blink: If I were there,,,,I would be yelling "What the heck is THAT". :o

And then the "designer" actally comes out to a raucous applause from the fashion pundits. Are they NUTS?

JM2C

Guest archey

Then you wouldn't want to be my neighbor either. I don't play outside, but you'll hear it anyway.

you tell her. AND might want to add that if you don't open the window while practicing the sax you don't breathe right, AND its even louder than a guitar. oh well. :P