The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

James Wisniewski

frostyHAWK

I haven't been Wisniewski's biggest fan in the past... I didn't like his hit on Doan and I REALLY didn't like his hit on Seabrook. That said, he's definitely the type of player the Habs need, and if they can re-sign him I'd be happy. He can score, he can hit, he can agitate, and he can fight. All things the Habs sorely need.

I haven't been Wisniewski's biggest fan in the past... I didn't like his hit on Doan and I REALLY didn't like his hit on Seabrook. That said, he's definitely the type of player the Habs need, and if they can re-sign him I'd be happy. He can score, he can hit, he can agitate, and he can fight. All things the Habs sorely need.

can he coach?

i keep watching his hit on seabrook. I can see that it was a bad hit, the only thing i don't like about it is that it looks like he left his feet. Honestly it looked like he was going for the puck carrier who then passed it away and he thought seabrook was gonna receive it , which he would have if he hadn't looked up

When the hit happened, I couldn't watch the video without getting enraged. I personally wanted him gone for longer than 8 games. It wasn't just one thing about the hit I didn't like. It was that the hit was a combination of so many things.

First, he built up speed and charged Seabrook all the way from the blue line. There was zero reason for Wisniewski to leave his post. That alone tells me he was going head hunting instead of executing a regular hockey play. Second, Seabrook wasn't even the puck carrier, so it was most definitely interference. IMO these types of hits are incredibly dangerous because a player never expects to get hit when they don't have the puck (not that it would have mattered... Wisniewski had the hit lined up long before the puck was even near Seabrook). Third, Wiz left his feet, and that just adds to the charging/boarding. Fourth, the hit was most definitely high. Maybe not the worst head shot I've seen, but there was definitely a follow through up high. I would have been willing to forgive the 4th point if that was all that was wrong with the hit, but the fact that everything else about the hit was predatory and dangerous makes me much more unforgiving.

Anyways, it's all in the past now. As long as he doesn't pull that garbage again I'll be happy to keep watching him score and play physical hockey.

I am really liking this guy. The fact that he managed to give two excellent performances right after having been traded to a new team and also having to do all that travelling, must give them a kick in the butt. If he can find a way to make things happen then they have no excuse, and it seems like they've found a new energy again. I'm sure he's already won over alot of Habs fans and he'll hear it next home game. Welcome to the team Wiz!

Again, let's not set our expectations too high. He's not Markov, but I certainly think he can do the job a guy like Souray or Streit did for us when they had good seasons. Wisniewski fits a need for our team and he's shwon already that he can do some things other guys haven't been able to. His break-outs are fairly clean, his shots are hard, and most importantly he gets the puck on net. He'll have his defensive difficulties too, but yes, thus far a nice start and a good acquisition. Would like to see him re-signed here for a multi-year deal.

Again, let's not set our expectations too high. He's not Markov, but I certainly think he can do the job a guy like Souray or Streit did for us when they had good seasons. Wisniewski fits a need for our team and he's shwon already that he can do some things other guys haven't been able to. His break-outs are fairly clean, his shots are hard, and most importantly he gets the puck on net. He'll have his defensive difficulties too, but yes, thus far a nice start and a good acquisition. Would like to see him re-signed here for a multi-year deal.

Hopefully he can teach Subban a thing to two about shooting on net.

Man, was I excited when I heard that we picked this guy up. I didn't even know his name until the start of the season, but I noticed him the first time we played the Islanders this season. The first time I saw him play, I remember saying that I would love to have that guy on our team. I really like the way he plays and how he shoots hard AND accurately. I think he can do a lot helping PK pick his chances wisely. Hopefully he loves Montreal and re-signs for a multiple year deal. We can afford it with Hamrlik's astronomical 5.5 million dollar cap hit gone at the end of this season.

I am shocked that the Isles traded him,I figured he would be a career Isle.

Man, was I excited when I heard that we picked this guy up. I didn't even know his name until the start of the season, but I noticed him the first time we played the Islanders this season. The first time I saw him play, I remember saying that I would love to have that guy on our team. I really like the way he plays and how he shoots hard AND accurately. I think he can do a lot helping PK pick his chances wisely. Hopefully he loves Montreal and re-signs for a multiple year deal. We can afford it with Hamrlik's astronomical 5.5 million dollar cap hit gone at the end of this season.

The interview they had with him speaking in French made me think that he is overjoyed to be a Hab.

I still can't believe what a good deal this trade was. We got the Wiz for David Fisher and a 5th round pick which we got back by trading Lapierre. Pierre Gauthier has not made a bad move in his time here in my opinion.

Agreed

And maybe also provide some support for Subban to get him out of his slump.

Having James on our defence will give the opposition nightmares trying to figure out how to keep both of them in check,never mind keeping their heads up when they are on the ice.Great move by PG again our organization is quality throughout from management to the prospects in Hamilton,the Habs are starting to look like our teams in the 60's and 70's.Go Habs Go!

I still can't believe what a good deal this trade was. We got the Wiz for David Fisher and a 5th round pick which we got back by trading Lapierre. Pierre Gauthier has not made a bad move in his time here in my opinion.

Not that I disagree that it was a pretty fair trade but I just don't understand the logic in "it was basically David Fischer and a 5th for Wisniewski. The fact that the 2nd came from David Fischer is basically irrelevant IMO, it doesn't diminish the value of the asset (50th overall pick). I suppose it's like found money and thus a little bit easier to let go in the grand scheme of things but it's more than just David Fischer and a 5th for Wis. That 2nd rounder could have turned into a player for us going forward.

Not that I disagree that it was a pretty fair trade but I just don't understand the logic in "it was basically David Fischer and a 5th for Wisniewski. The fact that the 2nd came from David Fischer is basically irrelevant IMO, it doesn't diminish the value of the asset (50th overall pick). I suppose it's like found money and thus a little bit easier to let go in the grand scheme of things but it's more than just David Fischer and a 5th for Wis. That 2nd rounder could have turned into a player for us going forward.

Exactly, we did not trade fischer we traded the pick. Milan Lucic was picked 50thoverall in 2006. You wouldn't trade Lucic and a the 5th rounder for Wis. The logic doesnt stand. Your trading the pick not fisher and it may or maynot work out.

Just think though we took Ben Maxwell just before Lucic at 49th, how good would Lucic Look patrolling the wing for the Gonez and Gionta.