The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Don Cherry

cause as i'm sure you know as many others do, chara didn't hear it cause he was afraid of what he might have really done to max HE IS GUILTY of almost if not *i really hope NOT* destroying max's career

Ya know, the odd time Cherry gets his calls right...I think hes funny sure, sometimes he has a valid point, when I was little I loved him (I think all kids do at some point). But tonight, without even watching him talk, I think I lost allot if not all of my respect for him. How could he say the crosby hit was dirty but that wasn't? CBC should just hand Maclean the whole coach's corner or bring in a different coach, you know, an unbiased one.

Whatever little respect I had for Cherry is now gone. I'll change channels from now on whenever Coach's Corner is on. This guy is a complete and utter joke. Gives Canadians a bad name. What a loser. I'm pissed now, listening to his crap. The hit was dirty you Boston Bruins lover. Why is this joker even on Canadian television. Go do your crappy show in Boston you loser.

He has the nerve to talk about phoneys. He's the biggest hypocrite to ever crawl out of Boston (or the slime pool if you prefer).

Ya know, the odd time Cherry gets his calls right...I think hes funny sure, sometimes he has a valid point, But tonight, I think I lost allot if not all of my respect for him.

Whatever little respect I had for Cherry is now gone. This guy is a complete and utter joke. Gives What a loser. I'm pissed now, listening to his crap.

you Boston Bruins lover,.... Go do your crappy show in Boston you loser.

I also feel the same as that in bold...but now,at this moment...feeling the same way as most of you all here....hatethosehabs would be a great user name for Don.<_<

I AM NOT IMPRESSED.:angry:

Guest olddude

Whatever little respect I had for Cherry is now gone. I'll change channels from now on whenever Coach's Corner is on. This guy is a complete and utter joke. Gives Canadians a bad name. What a loser. I'm pissed now, listening to his crap. The hit was dirty you Boston Bruins lover. Why is this joker even on Canadian television. Go do your crappy show in Boston you loser.

No kidding, I've been waiting to convert all my VHS rock em sock em videos to DVD, it's the trash can for them now. I guess we shouldn't be suprised, he made his money selling violence.

No kidding, I've been waiting to convert all my VHS rock em sock em videos to DVD, it's the trash can for them now. I guess we shouldn't be suprised, he made his money selling violence.

your right he did make his money selling violence, so we shouldn't be surprised at all about what he thought about the drity hit on max .. i'm sickened by anyone who saw the hit as a hockey play gone wrong or as a unfortunate accident cause we all know no matter what chara could of (if he wasn't out to get max) grabbed on and hooked him or something but he saw he could make a play that would hurt him instead and almost killed him ..

I expected nothing less from don cherry with regards to the hit. but he went way overboard on this one. showing a multitude of other incidents just renforces the need for some change to this archaic game.

Are you kidding me, Chara has been a goody goody, no previous incidents, well thats great eh. I know of parenst who were models in society and killed their spousee and children. I know of people who had one drink to many once and killed people. I know of teenagers who have put beatens on their best freinds that have changed their lifes for ever.

And to belittle people that play a major role in society expressing their own feelings on the matter, air canada, via rail. I have never been in Montreal other then to play in a little league game when i was 12 years old but i think the hit was to serve only one purpose and that was to put some hurt on pacs. I don,t have to work for a major corporation that exists in Montral to have a point of view on that.

Come out and say you think the hit was clean and leave it at that, but to show a multitude of other dangerous plays, and to try to belittle other people because they have expressed their concerns is a joke.

H'ch

I expected nothing less from don cherry with regards to the hit. but he went way overboard on this one. showing a multitude of other incidents just renforces the need for some change to this archaic game.

Are you kidding me, Chara has been a goody goody, no previous incidents, well thats great eh. I know of parenst who were models in society and killed their spousee and children. I know of people who had one drink to many once and killed people. I know of teenagers who have put beatens on their best freinds that have changed their lifes for ever.

And to belittle people that play a major role in society expressing their own feelings on the matter, air canada, via rail. I have never been in Montreal other then to play in a little league game when i was 12 years old but i think the hit was to serve only one purpose and that was to put some hurt on pacs. I don,t have to work for a major corporation that exists in Montral to have a point of view on that.

Come out and say you think the hit was clean and leave it at that, but to show a multitude of other dangerous plays, and to try to belittle other people because they have expressed their concerns is a joke.

Great post

I could not believe my ears listening to Don C last night. He contradicted himself so many times and to go on the air and show such disrespect for Max (not remembering his name), Molson, Air Canada, Via Rail and to the fans of the Montreal Canadians. No class Don none at all.

People need to honest with thier opionion of what happened to Max and that means you as well Don BE HONEST. Put aside your loyalty to whatever team you choose to support. Look at the evidence presented, pictures, video, Chara's comments and history. What have you got? Any honest person would have to admit that the hit by Chara to Max was at the very least highly suspicious and warrants further investigation. No one knows what Chara was thinking at that split second that means you Don and yes myself included. The prisons are full of people that claim to be innocent, that is why the evidence has to speak. Based on what you see and hear is what you have left. In all of this I would find it very interesting if Chara had to take a polygraph. Would Chara pass, based on the evidence alone I dont think so. Just disgusted with Don and the members of the Hot Stove panel last night.

The NHL and all who represent the orgaisation are not above the LAW.

Get well Max hoping for a complete and speedy recovery.

your right he did make his money selling violence, so we shouldn't be surprised at all about what he thought about the drity hit on max .. i'm sickened by anyone who saw the hit as a hockey play gone wrong or as a unfortunate accident cause we all know no matter what chara could of (if he wasn't out to get max) grabbed on and hooked him or something but he saw he could make a play that would hurt him instead and almost killed him ..

Those fellas using the word "accident" should realize that accidents are UNINTENTIONAL occurrences. It's right in dictionary.

If Cherry had any credibility left, it's gone now. Ridiculous. The chorus of voices rushing to the defense of the indefensible has been a bit surprising, but I was legitimately not sure which direction Grapes would go on this. He has in the past seemed to care a little bit about safety, but I guess that was bluster. I'd say shame on you, Don, but you obviously know none.

Those fellas using the word "accident" should realize that accidents are UNINTENTIONAL occurrences. It's right in dictionary.

Maybe they should learn English, huh? Ah, irony. :lol:

Guest olddude

Well said +1

They choose the pic(s) that support their argumentation or the argumentation of the people they are quoting

Exactly!

Which why I think that TSN doesn't have as much free reign when it comes to their articles. Kevin Weekes on NHLnetwork the night of the hit, mentioned that Chara's arm getting up on Patches would be his downfall (play against him). Funny how weekes has been very quiet since the NHL ruling.

We need a Roenick type guy who isn't afraid to go against the grain, who speaks his mind whether it's PC or not.

Guest habs1952

Exactly!

Which why I think that TSN doesn't have as much free reign when it comes to their articles. Kevin Weekes on NHLnetwork the night of the hit, mentioned that Chara's arm getting up on Patches would be his downfall (play against him). Funny how weekes has been very quiet since the NHL ruling.

We need a Roenick type guy who isn't afraid to go against the grain, who speaks his mind whether it's PC or not.

And now that you mention Roenick.....Where is he? Haven't heard a peep about this from him.

Exactly!

They don't in support of the Habs. It's RDS(Habs) vs TSN(Toronto) so you know who's side TSN is going to be on.

Exactly!

http://twitter.com/#!/Jeremy_Roenick

Jeremy_Roenick Jeremy Roenick

@

@j1836 The game happens so fast it forces players to make bad decisions that can cause damage esp. bc of the arena's dimensions & structures

9 Mar Favorite Retweet Reply

»

Jeremy Roenick

Injuries will always occur in contact sports, especially when parts of the playing surface cause the worst of the damage, so who's at fault!

»

Jeremy Roenick

If suspensions are based on extent of injuries then fighting and hits will have to be banned from the NHL!

»

Jeremy Roenick

I like Chara & I like Pacioretty. Neither of them deserve to be in such a tough situation! Truth is hockey's a brutal contact sport

I actually don't think we can pin the Cherry incident on being a Toronto thing. There are some morons working for both CBC and TSN, but not everyone there has come out saying the hit was clean, and we have to recall that Chara blasted Grabovski from behind twice in the same game just recently too, so I'm sure they're well aware that Chara is a dirty player.

With respect to Cherry, his comments were largely predictable, but the sad part is that he just doesn't learn and the CBC displays gross negligence by continuing to put this Neanderthal's views on the airwaves for young kids to hear. The CBC is a publicly-funded station and as such, it has a responsibility to the general public that it has failed to meet. That Cherry would bash Pacioretty and the Canadiens and Air Canada/Via for standing up against the hit is atrocious behavior that rivals the way Bettman and the league have acted. He accuses those companies of being homers based in Montreal yet he is one of the biggest homers himself in the way he defends the Bruins, Toronto, and players from Kingston, while deriding Europeans and people from Montreal. Don Cherry should be the one who is ashamed of himself, yet he is a man who clearly has no shame. And Ron Maclean, who at one point was a stand-up balance to Cherry has himself become no more than a yes-man for the league and the CBC. I have long ago stopped watching any of he drivel that the CBC puts on the air as part of its HNIC broadcast and as long as the likes of Cherry, Maclean, Stock and Cole are in place, I will see no reason to recommence any time soon.