The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Sidney Crosby

Guest habs1952

From AOL.com, Crosby was featured in an anti cancer in Philadelphia during a break in the Flyers-Canucks game. You can guess how the fans responded. They, of course, booed, which was to be expected since in the past they have not booed Santa Claus, but even pelted him with snowballs. Given what this forum thinks of Philadelphia, how many think Flyers fans have hit a new low?

From AOL.com, Crosby was featured in an anti cancer in Philadelphia during a break in the Flyers-Canucks game. You can guess how the fans responded. They, of course, booed, which was to be expected since in the past they have not booed Santa Claus, but even pelted him with snowballs. Given what this forum thinks of Philadelphia, how many think Flyers fans have hit a new low?

I would expect it. Not a new low, just reminding people of how low they are, if you ask me.

Anyway, I really like how Pittsburgh seems to continue to be cautious with his return. I would hate to see him come back a couple weeks early only to go down again a week later.

My first question would be did they fire the idiot who played that video in Philly? To be honest whoever put it up there should've known better and they probably could have used a flyers player for their arena.

• 3 weeks later...

Sid won't rule out Friday return, but nothing imminent

Even I'm waiting for his return to the game.

Except of course when it comes to our habs,;)

Pittsburgh Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma reiterated on Wednesday that there remains no target date for Sidney Crosby's return.

While Crosby did not speak to the media following the morning skate at the Consol Energy Center, Bylsma said his star forward remains status quo.

"Again with Sidney Crosby, there is no timetable for his return," Bylsma said. "There is not a date at this point in time and he continues to practice with the team and progress."

On Monday, Crosby addressed the media about earlier reports of a possible return this Friday.

"Their guess is as good as mine," Crosby said.

The 24-year-old Crosby has practiced with the club since training camp opened Sept. 17 and has remained symptom-free from the concussion that occurred following violent hits in successive games Jan. 1 and Jan. 5.

He skated on a line with Matt Cooke and Pascal Dupuis on Wednesday, but coach Bylsma said he's placing his star forward in different scenarios.

"At different times in the past month or so, he's been with different players on different lines," Bylsma said. "He's had time with (Chris) Kunitz, he's had time with James Neal, he's had time with Dupuis and he's had time with (Evgeni Malkin) on a line, so he doesn't necessarily need to be with the guys that we might see him with when he's playing. But it's also something I would look to do; put him with the guys I think he's playing with."

Bylsma also spoke of Crosby's willingness to initiate in practice and not show hesitation in his actions.

"He's got a willingness to go into the areas where there's traffic, whether he gets hit or not," he said. "Whether there is huge contact or not, he has shown willingness for a while now. He's gotten a little bit more of that and it looks to me he's going to the net pretty hard."

When asked if he had a game plan when Crosby returns, Bylsma said he'll cross that bridge when he has to.

"I've got no plan. There is no date yet for his return, so we haven't gotten to that process yet."

Who's this Sidney you all speak of? :unsure:

That is great news for hockey whether we like him or not. .

Agreed

• 2 weeks later...

NHL.com - Crosby will miss two games after a hard hit against Boston Monday night.

Crosby collided with teammate Chris Kunitz .......

Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby will sit out the next two games as a precaution.

He did not accompany the team on their road trip to Philadelphia on Wednesday.

"Sidney took a hard hit during our game against Boston Monday night and wasn't feeling 100 per cent," said Penguins general manager Ray Shero. "He saw Dr. Micky Collins of UPMC today and took an ImPACT test, which showed no problems. However, we all think it's best that he sits out the next two games as a precaution."

Crosby collided with teammate Chris Kunitz in Monday's loss to the Boston Bruins and left the ice favouring his right knee. However, he did not miss a shift and said following the game that it was just a "stinger."

Crosby has 12 points in eight games since returning from a concussion. The Penguins visit the Flyers on Thursday and the New York Islanders on Saturday.

crosby_74139.jpg

Sidney Crosby will miss his third straight game on Tuesday when the Pittsburgh Penguins host the Detroit Red Wings and there is no timetable for his return. "I'm not happy about watching, but I have to make sure with these sort of things that I'm careful and making sure I'm 100 per cent before coming back," said Crosby

Full Story.

I wish him all the best but I'd say he's done.

He'll take some time off to get rid of the symptoms then next team he gets on the ice and someeone rocks him , he'll get the concussion like symptons again.