The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Zdeno Chara

i should have known it was the stanchions fault not chara's what was i thinking or wait maybe it was the bell centers fault .. god i'm so sick of the real person who is to blame getting away with it

Yep. I get killed in a car accident. Whoops, my fault for going on the road, not the idiot who caused the crash because he/she was too busy texting messages to his/her BFF.

Chara was on my list of players I despise even before this "incident" occurred. He had played like a cry baby against Montreal all year up to this point. Punching people at he end of games, in the middle of the game, hacking at people.

I live 10 minutes outside of Boston and I just can't stand watching the dude play at this point. I think he actually has negative style to his game play (like Thomas :lol: )

I watched the NYI game and smiled when they started booing him.

All my Boston buddies give me hell about how Montreal is bad to play against and they run from everything, it is so annoying but we all know the tally of wins this year against the Bruins B)

i should have known it was the stanchions fault not chara's what was i thinking or wait maybe it was the bell centers fault .. god i'm so sick of the real person who is to blame getting away with it

Then to top it off the media interviews Ron Wilson,Brian Burke's lackey.He states it's hockey what's next someone gets hit by a puck and the guy shooting gets a suspension.That's so far removed from Chara's 6'9" and 255lbs directing Max's head into the stanchion making his head the brakes at full speed,it's sickening to hear these guys. It's more than obvious the coverup is in full swing when Wilson is making his statement before the game last night followed in the first intermission by Don Cherry making the same absurd comparison.Chara's actions were taken when the period had 16 seconds to go and they were 40 feet away from the puck,that action is completely illegal.As an impartial observer that knows the rules of the game will see that and call it the way it was.Chara's arm and his hand directed Max's head into the stanchion, never mind the speed of the game (these guys live at least 25% of their lives playing at that speed)clearly Chara accomplished what he intended and tries to act like it's normal.For him it is because he has gotten away with so many hits like that in his career. He thought the league would give him a pass again,which they did but the QPP are not going to be deceived by double crossing money mongers telling them "that's hockey".For God's sake this is our national sport the public is more than aware of what is illegal and not,so don't belittle yourselves trying to help these idiots trying to sweep the incident under the carpet.

Then to top it off the media interviews Ron Wilson,Brian Burke's lackey.He states it's hockey what's next someone gets hit by a puck and the guy shooting gets a suspension.That's so far removed from Chara's 6'9" and 255lbs directing Max's head into the stanchion making his head the brakes at full speed,it's sickening to hear these guys. It's more than obvious the coverup is in full swing when Wilson is making his statement before the game last night followed in the first intermission by Don Cherry making the same absurd comparison.Chara's actions were taken when the period had 16 seconds to go and they were 40 feet away from the puck,that action is completely illegal.As an impartial observer that knows the rules of the game will see that and call it the way it was.Chara's arm and his hand directed Max's head into the stanchion, never mind the speed of the game (these guys live at least 25% of their lives playing at that speed)clearly Chara accomplished what he intended and tries to act like it's normal.For him it is because he has gotten away with so many hits like that in his career. He thought the league would give him a pass again,which they did but the QPP are not going to be deceived by double crossing money mongers telling them "that's hockey".For God's sake this is our national sport the public is more than aware of what is illegal and not,so don't belittle yourselves trying to help these idiots trying to sweep the incident under the carpet.

That was such a ridiculous statement... When doug wickenheiser went flying into the net in the early 80's and suffered a serious injury ( I still remember it, was against the Pens and Marcel Dion was the tender), the league did change the way the goal posts were secured into the ice. Something has to be done about the stanchion, but it shouldn't take away from the player committing the infraction.

tee.jpg

Nothing's changed.

What is really bu8gging me in all this is the lack of media outrage at Chara's ***** excuse.

Did he no it was Paciretty? According to Chara he didn't even know Patches was on the ice.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

How come not one reporter has said anything about this?

I used to play hockey. I never was any good. I never had a chance to make it anywhere near the pros. I sucked. But I never went out for a face-off and not take note of who was out there against me. I was a 13-15 year old, in a lousy kids league, and I always knew who was out there against me on a face off.

For Chara to suggest he didn't know that Patches was on the ice is absolutely absurd, and the worst lie I have ever heard.

I'm sure every last player in the NHL heard his comment and thought yeah right what a load of hogwash.

Every palyer knows he did it on purpose, even if they won't admit it (possibly for fear of repurcussuions by the league), but they all know it. They all know Chara has ZERO respect for other players in the game. If he's willing to drive someone's head into the glass he's willing to drive a player into an open door and he's willing to stick you in the EDIT, in the eye, in the throat. The guy is the worst player ever to play in the NHL in my opinion.

Before his comments I'd have given him a 10-20 game suspension. With his denail, and such a ***** excuse, I think he should be suspaended for life, or until he mans up and admits he did it on purpose, that he knew full well who it was and that he wanted to injure him.

I posted this somewhere else but it could use repeating:

Turnbuckles don't kill people. People kill people.

What is really bu8gging me in all this is the lack of media outrage at Chara's ***** excuse.

Did he no it was Paciretty? According to Chara he didn't even know Patches was on the ice.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

How come not one reporter has said anything about this?

I used to play hockey. I never was any good. I never had a chance to make it anywhere near the pros. I sucked. But I never went out for a face-off and not take note of who was out there against me. I was a 13-15 year old, in a lousy kids league, and I always knew who was out there against me on a face off.

For Chara to suggest he didn't know that Patches was on the ice is absolutely absurd, and the worst lie I have ever heard.

I'm sure every last player in the NHL heard his comment and thought yeah right what a load of hogwash.

Every palyer knows he did it on purpose, even if they won't admit it (possibly for fear of repurcussuions by the league), but they all know it. They all know Chara has ZERO respect for other players in the game. If he's willing to drive someone's head into the glass he's willing to drive a player into an open door and he's willing to stick you in the EDIT, in the eye, in the throat. The guy is the worst player ever to play in the NHL in my opinion.

Before his comments I'd have given him a 10-20 game suspension. With his denail, and such a ***** excuse, I think he should be suspaended for life, or until he mans up and admits he did it on purpose, that he knew full well who it was and that he wanted to injure him.

I posted this somewhere else but it could use repeating:

Turnbuckles don't kill people. People kill people.

+1

And to put some holes in the argument that hockey is a fast paced game, the human brain is much faster.

In animals, reaction time to visual stimuli is typically 150 to 300 milliseconds.

So Chara would have had about 10 times the normal amount of time it takes to see something and execute a behavioral response.

There are also martial artists who can perform 10 strikes in 1 second.

To be fair, there is a correlation between IQ and reaction time.

So they should be honest and shouldn't say "hockey is fast", but instead say "Chara is slow."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaction_time

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jensen_Box

I've been reading all the posts on the forum regarding the Chara Patches hit, most of the threads have been locked. First and foremost best wishes to Patches, I sincerely hope you have a speedy recovery and you lace'em up again soon.

I'm a Boston fan but more importantly a hockey fan, the greatest sport there is bar none. The tradition and rivalry between Boston and Montreal create some of the best games of the season. Both teams are highly emotional and geared up when they meet which I think contributed to the hit in question. I do not think Chara was trying to severely injure Patches, go ahead and disagree, I might too if the situation was reversed. You guys bleed red and blue I bleed black and gold. Did Chara try and lay a big hit? Absolutely. But I don't think he had the intention of putting his head into the turnbuckle and knock him unconscious. This happened in a fraction of a second in one of the fastest games on earth. It was a very unfortunate series of events and this hockey fan was scared as hell for Max when he lay motionless for so long, no TRUE hockey fan wants to see a player in that position regardless of the colors he's wearing.

Amongst the hundreds of comments posted about the hit I read things like, sickening, deplorable, malicious, the worst thing they've seen, no class, kill the bruins, there's no place for this kind of stuff in the NHL. in the same breath I read, I hope Chara dies, he''ll get his, I pray he gets a career ending injury, etc etc. I've watched the play frame by frame a dozen times and it's a brutal hit but one that i don't think was done with the intent of it's unfortunate consequence. Sorry just my opinion and I don't expect any of you to agree with my opinion. I prefer to see a good hard clean open ice hit anyday. Unfortunately when you have 10 guys on an adrenalin rush playing one of the fastest games on earth in a building full of energy, between division rivals, people can get hurt.

This isn't baseball guys this is a game of split second decision making where guys are hitting each other all game. I am not trying to flame the forum, but there have been dozens of hits like this so far this season including this one just 30 games ago. The guy delivering this hit who is only 2 inches shorter than the guy some feel should be given a 20 game suspension or die in a car crash. The difference? The guy that was on the tail end of this hit was fortunate not to suffer the injury Max did.

As for speed of game, see my above post on reaction time. Somebody else will break down the video for you i'm sure, in case you missed the fact that Gill was skating backwards, facing away from the stanchion, and doesn't push his head into it. No penalty was called either.

First and foremost best wishes to Patches, I sincerely hope you have a speedy recovery and you lace'em up again soon.

I thank you for saying so...were all missing him.:(

The tradition and rivalry between Boston and Montreal create some of the best games of the season. Both teams are highly emotional and geared up when they meet

So true...the intensity between both teams is something.

No TRUE hockey fan wants to see a player in that position regardless of the colors he's wearing.

I'm 100% in agreement here with ya...Its their lively hood.

Amongst the hundreds of comments posted about the hit I read things like, sickening, deplorable, malicious, the worst thing they've seen, no class, kill the bruins, there's no place for this kind of stuff in the NHL. in the same breath I read, I hope Chara dies, he''ll get his, I pray he gets a career ending injury, etc etc.

Please note...these remarks does not reflect on all expressed opinions by habs fans.

Never less ...I'm not happy nor impressed with the events of this situation one bit.:angry:

GET WELL PATCHES.

I've been reading all the posts on the forum regarding the Chara Patches hit, most of the threads have been locked. First and foremost best wishes to Patches, I sincerely hope you have a speedy recovery and you lace'em up again soon.

I'm a Boston fan but more importantly a hockey fan, the greatest sport there is bar none. The tradition and rivalry between Boston and Montreal create some of the best games of the season. Both teams are highly emotional and geared up when they meet which I think contributed to the hit in question. I do not think Chara was trying to severely injure Patches, go ahead and disagree, I might too if the situation was reversed. You guys bleed red and blue I bleed black and gold. Did Chara try and lay a big hit? Absolutely. But I don't think he had the intention of putting his head into the turnbuckle and knock him unconscious. This happened in a fraction of a second in one of the fastest games on earth. It was a very unfortunate series of events and this hockey fan was scared as hell for Max when he lay motionless for so long, no TRUE hockey fan wants to see a player in that position regardless of the colors he's wearing.

Amongst the hundreds of comments posted about the hit I read things like, sickening, deplorable, malicious, the worst thing they've seen, no class, kill the bruins, there's no place for this kind of stuff in the NHL. in the same breath I read, I hope Chara dies, he''ll get his, I pray he gets a career ending injury, etc etc. I've watched the play frame by frame a dozen times and it's a brutal hit but one that i don't think was done with the intent of it's unfortunate consequence. Sorry just my opinion and I don't expect any of you to agree with my opinion. I prefer to see a good hard clean open ice hit anyday. Unfortunately when you have 10 guys on an adrenalin rush playing one of the fastest games on earth in a building full of energy, between division rivals, people can get hurt.

This isn't baseball guys this is a game of split second decision making where guys are hitting each other all game. I am not trying to flame the forum, but there have been dozens of hits like this so far this season including this one just 30 games ago. The guy delivering this hit who is only 2 inches shorter than the guy some feel should be given a 20 game suspension or die in a car crash. The difference? The guy that was on the tail end of this hit was fortunate not to suffer the injury Max did.

And i would also point out that on THIS FORUM( and please make sure as a visitor that you are VERY aware of our rules),,,,posts that wish physical harm on anybody are removed,,, so dont paint us all with the same brush.

To get back to your post(one of the few Bruin fans who have come on here not flaming,, YET).

It's not exclusively the hit that that has peeved fans off from around the league. Its the lack of punishment from the NHL that is the main problem. The NHL has set a precedent in the recent past,, that injuries that occur due to a reckless play will receive suspensions.This is where the NHL has dropped the ball. How can anybody argue that trying to drive a player into that bench area or that turnbuckle is not reckless??In this case,,,it resulted in nearly killing or crippling a player. How much more reckless can you get without causing an injury??If a player chooses to make that kind of play in that area of the ice (legal or not),, then he should be ready to face the wrath of the league if he hurts somebody. The League failed miserably to send that message and its now open season on destroying players lives.

It's not exclusively the hit that that has peeved fans off from around the league. Its the lack of punishment from the NHL that is the main problem...The League failed misarably to send that message and its now open season on destroying players lives.

Agreed.

Remember, if PK does the same thing Chara did to someone, it has to be strong hockey play according to the league.

If Matt Cooke does the same thing Chara did to someone, it has to be strong hockey play according to the league.

If Nick Lidstrom did the same thing Chara did to someone, it has to be strong hockey play according to the league.

If Crosby did the same thing Chara did to someone, it has to be strong hockey play according to the league.

If Pronger did the same thing Chara did to someone, it has to be strong hockey play according to the league.

So, according to the league, I could cheer for a Hab to do the same thing to a Bruin on Mar 24 and call it a strong hockey play. According to the league, if Moen does the same thing to Krecji or Greg Campbell, it's a strong hockey play. The lesson here is that if you want to use a principle as "law", you have stick to it in all situations. ;)

Let me make one more point about the video you posted also. ARE YOU SERIOUS??? How does this even come close to comparing to the Chara hit????

Was Gill beaten to the inside and chasing the guy down?? Did the guy still have the puck??Did Gill hit the guy into the turnbuckle as opposed to the guy himself running out of ice trying to beat him to the inside and running into the buckle himself?? If thats your argument,, then your really grasping at straws. :rolleyes:

Let me make one more point about the video you posted also. ARE YOU SERIOUS??? How does this even come close to comparing to the Chara hit????

Was Gill beaten to the inside and chasing the guy down?? Did the guy still have the puck??Did Gill hit the guy into the turnbuckle as opposed to the guy himself running out of ice trying to beat him to the inside and running into the buckle himself?? If thats your argument,, then your really grasping at straws. :rolleyes:

I agree. The Gill play is not anywhere close to the Chara play, for the following reasons:

1. Gill is backing off as Sim comes towards him, the two players deflect off each other, and Sim's momentum takes him to the side. Gill makes no motion himself to direct Sim into the turnbuckle; he is preventing him from getting by him down the ice, but he's not forcing propelling him into the glass by force. Chara's play to keep Pacioretty to the outside would be fine, other than the fact that he interferes with him (which Gill does not do to Sim), but Chara continues to ride Pacioretty for a good 10-12 feet after the initial contact (whereas Gill-Sim's contact is brief) and then additionally uses his hands to Pacman's shoulder/face to give him an extra shove head-first directly into the partition.

2. Gill and Sim have no history. Pacioretty and Chara have a clear, recent history of conflict, and Chara had tried to hurt Pacman on at least two occasions in the preceding 5 period they had played against each other. It makes the whole thing very suspicious.

3. Gill is facing the player and while he may be aware of the bench/partition being there, it is not directly in his line of sight. In the Chara case, both he and Pacioretty are caught up and skating directly towards the partition. Chara clearly has a view of where it is and not only does he not try to avoid it, he makes an extra effort to send Pacman into it. Gill's back is actually to the partition when the play starts and his head is facing Sim until the last second when the two make contact.

Honestly, if it had been a different Bruin making the hit on a different Hab, I still wouldn't have liked it, but the fact that it's Chara on Pacioretty after the history they had makes it impossible to believe it was an accident. And while I've stated that I doubt Chara wanted to hurt Pacman as badly as he did, the play was reckless and I believe there was intent to cause some degree of injury. No one is calling for a suspension to Chara just because Pacman got hurt, the suspension should have been handed down because Chara caused as severe an injury as there's been in the NHL this year via a completely avoidable hit that showed at best careless aggression and a lack of respect for another player's well-being and quite probably an intent to hurt a player whom he had recently tried to injure on other recent plays.

If chara had gotten 1-2 games,,,,,,we would not have liked it, but it would at least show that the league didn't like it either. To get no games, shows that the league doesn't really care about the players injuries. They (the players) are only a means to make money.

Just a thought,,,,,if I see you coming down the street, and I think to myself that I will push you into the roadway, where you might get hurt. And I do exactly that and you get hit by a car,,,,,,can anyone prove intent? "Hey,,,I just bumped into the guy,,,,not my fault".

JM2C

And please tell me again why the disciplinary committee doesn't interview the victim, only the perpatrator?

If chara had gotten 1-2 games,,,,,,we would not have liked it, but it would at least show that the league didn't like it either. To get no games, shows that the league doesn't really care about the players injuries. They (the players) are only a means to make money.

Just a thought,,,,,if I see you coming down the street, and I think to myself that I will push you into the roadway, where you might get hurt. And I do exactly that and you get hit by a car,,,,,,can anyone prove intent? "Hey,,,I just bumped into the guy,,,,not my fault".

JM2C

And please tell me again why the disciplinary committee doesn't interview the victim, only the perpatrator?

Just say as you pushed him he jumped a lil and the car didn't have sufficient padding to deflect the blow...it should work i mean it worked for Chara

Lost in all of this, or maybe not lost, if Chara wasn't suspended this time, the next time he does something he won't be a "repeat offender" because he hasn't been suspended before(other than the automatic 1-game for instigating a fight in the last 5 minutes of play.)

Guest olddude

TheSpokedB, welcome to the Habs forum. While all Habs fans take issue with Charas hit on Max and yes some go over the top seeking revenge, it is as others have stated, a total lack of discipline by the NHL that was the final straw. How anyone, regardless of their affiliation can even attempt to say it did not deserve supplemental discipline is mind boggeling. At the very least, Chara was found guilty of a rules violation by the on ice official and while violating the rule he injured another player. How does that not deserve a suspension? How can anyone try to defend this? Forget about intent, or it's happened before, Chara did what he did, he is responsible for his actions, intentional or accidental. Here is a quote from Campbell himself.

As Campbell himself said when he suspended Alexander Ovechkin last year: "If you cause a player to be injured, then you have to be responsible for the play that you're involved in, if there's any carelessness or recklessness in it."

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/fails+protect+players/4434409/story.html#ixzz1GbEN3vrk

Double standard when it involves his sons team? And before you say Murphy did it, he works for Campbell.

IMO violating the rules of the game shows carelessness at the very least.

TheSpokedB, welcome to the Habs forum. While all Habs fans take issue with Charas hit on Max and yes some go over the top seeking revenge, it is as others have stated, a total lack of discipline by the NHL that was the final straw. How anyone, regardless of their affiliation can even attempt to say it did not deserve supplemental discipline is mind boggeling. At the very least, Chara was found guilty of a rules violation by the on ice official and while violating the rule he injured another player. How does that not deserve a suspension? How can anyone try to defend this? Forget about intent, or it's happened before, Chara did what he did, he is responsible for his actions, intentional or accidental. Here is a quote from Campbell himself.

As Campbell himself said when he suspended Alexander Ovechkin last year: "If you cause a player to be injured, then you have to be responsible for the play that you're involved in, if there's any carelessness or recklessness in it."

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/fails+protect+players/4434409/story.html#ixzz1GbEN3vrk

Double standard when it involves his sons team? And before you say Murphy did it, he works for Campbell.

IMO violating the rules of the game shows carelessness at the very least.

Precisely. When Ovechkin injured Brian Campbell last year, or when Max Lapierre made his hit that sent the guy sprawling into the boards, neither one was done with a lot of force and I doubt either player "intended" to injure the other guy, but both plays involved some degree of recklessness that put another player in a harmful situation, just as Chara did. Chara's hit additionally targeted the head, was engaged for a longer period of time (not a split second one time shot like Laps or Ovi's) and was on a guy he had repeatedly tried to injure. Adding that up, if Laps got 4 games and Ovi got 2, then Chara should have had at least 10.

I agree. The Gill play is not anywhere close to the Chara play, for the following reasons:

All good points.

Add:

4. The score was 4-0 and the Bruins were having it handed to them, in part because they were playing a miserable game. 2-2 score, and I bet that whole incident doesn't happen. Chara went where he usually doesn't, but where a good number of NHL players in a similar position would have -- mostly out of frustration. He'd already sealed off Patches earning the interference penalty, and he knew that. Over the past few seasons officials have been incredibly consistent in making that call; the puck was chipped and gone -- there was no "finishing the check" to be had there, only take the interference penalty, or get on your high horse and chase him. Chara chose to take the interference call (fine by me), but he also chose to ride him into the turnbuckle (the one you can see Chara looking at, then looking away) without letting up.

(Note: Chara has not repeated his assertion he expressed after the game that Patches "jumped up" :blink: ; (a) where'd that come from? (other than the guilty casting blame upon the victim), and B) where'd it go since? Reporters are surprisingly useless in conversation with him -- ask him the question for crying out loud!!: "Don't see him jumping on the video, big guy; what'd you mean by that?" :huh: ) He didn't plead the 5th for Pete's sake, so ask him what he meant! Worried about hurting his feelings or something? :rolleyes: Good grief! <_<

Additional Note: I still haven't heard of the specific ramifications laid down against the on ice officials for that game. They assessed a major and match penalty for what the League categorically said was only a 2-minute interference penalty (and "extraordinarily so", per Megalomaniac Bettman). Have those officials been sanctioned? Anyone know?

As any good investigator will tell you, concentrate on the inconsistencies; that's where the evidence, and the truth, lies.

I don't know. I like SpokedB's comments. It's always nice to get a refresher from the other side.

& I'll concede I've made one or 2 inappropriate comments towards Chara and I regret them (though I thought they were pretty darn funny ... :) )

Anyway, some thoughts:

1. Intent. Completely and utterly irrelevant. It's almost impossible to prove. But if I'm driving a vehicle (& Chara is the closest thing in the NHL to a vehicle :D ), and I drive over the speed limit in poor conditions (and I can form a pretty accurate assessment of conditions because I've been driving for over 20 years without an accident), lose control of said vehicle and come close to paralyzing someone, I'm guilty of reckless driving. Maybe manslaughter if someone in the other vehicle dies.

2. Prior history (a). In the above example, the fact that I've never been in an accident does not matter. It might make the sentence smaller but there would still probably be a sentencing.

3. Prior history (B). There was definitely prior history between Chara and Pacioretti. Patches' shove on Chara after his OT goal, for one. I think Chara made a point of looking for Patches when the 'beatdown' started 2 games ago. Passed over a couple of other Habs to get to him, too. So, bringing back the car example, the entire situation changes if the driver in the other car slept with my wife and I want to give him a little scare.

4. Strong hockey play. Good for you. Look what you're strong hockey play got you. What about the smart hockey play.

5. Amount of time. Come on. The stanchions have been there forever. Why is it that when a player like Crosby or Stamkos weaves through a bunch of opponents - moving opponents - using split-second reflexes, we call that great hockey skills? The speed of the game should not be used as an excuse for recklessness from a defensive point of view while, at the same time, enabling offensive plays to be considered great. Yes, the incident happened in a in 'the blink of an eye' but the situation was developing over long seconds.

6. Score. If it was a closer game, there is no way Chara makes that play. Not with less than a third of a minute left in the period. I repeat, unless Chara isn't half the player I think he is, there is no way he makes that play.

7. Head shot. Come on again. There is clear evidence of Chara bringing his hand up high on Patches' head well after Patches had been successfully isolated from the play. Players are supposed to be responsible for their sticks; intent never comes into play in a tripping call. DANGIT! Great players are not playing right now because of concussions. Why can't we just get the headshots out of the game. Off limits. Cut and dry. No blindside, no intent, no blame on victim or circumstance. Hit the head, sit for some minutes. Hit the head & cause injury, sit for some games.

8. Responsibility (a). Not Chara's, no suspension. Not the NHL's, they didn't suspend him; it's part of the game. Is it Patches'? Is it the boards'? I don't know. But something has to change. Somebody has to change.

9. Responsibility (B). NHL brass. Really? Really? Not only do you call it just "part of our ... game" but you spit in the eye of sponsors who are starting to realize that wow, maybe it's time to get control here. The Chara/Pacioretti incident, if it leads to any change and further protection of the players, should be seen as a catalyst towards and not the cause of said change. The stars are falling in this league and that should have been enough to get people to look differently at some things.

10. Conflicts of interest. Please don't get me started. I'm getting so tired of barely a third of the league providing what? 3/4 or so of the entire revenue. Why does a group of people running a league with so many franchises hemorrhaging money, a group of people that has no respect for sponsors, a group of people that care more about their clique of owners than a potential new owner that would bring in more money, a group of people that peddle violence like Quentin Tarantino, why do these guys get to keep their jobs?!? :blink: It's not like their CEOs of major banks.

*whew* I'm done. Probably never even covered off all my points. But 10 is a round number. & I really only came online to quickly find a link :mellow: .