The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Zdeno Chara

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is one guy I wouldn't want in a Habs jersey. Many players I didn't like, but gave them the benefit of the doubt when they became Habs. This guy though, he just really rubs me the wrong way.

I find him over-rated, sure he has the fastest/hardest slapshot, but when do you ever see him unleash it during a game?

He isn't a strong skater and that is evident when he's up against smaller, faster, strong skaters... He often find himself completely turned around when someone like AK or Gio hits the blueline at top speed.

In his own end he's a good dman and he uses his long reach to break up a lot of passes. But on an end to end rush where he's defending, his cumbersome stature is a hindrance not a plus.

Argh, I have this picture in my head Chara lifting cup with that simplejack grin on his face.What can you do...

Dream of him dropping it on his ugly head. ;)

This is one guy I wouldn't want in a Habs jersey. Many players I didn't like, but gave them the benefit of the doubt when they became Habs. This guy though, he just really rubs me the wrong way.

I find him over-rated, sure he has the fastest/hardest slapshot, but when do you ever see him unleash it during a game?

He isn't a strong skater and that is evident when he's up against smaller, faster, strong skaters... He often find himself completely turned around when someone like AK or Gio hits the blueline at top speed.

In his own end he's a good dman and he uses his long reach to break up a lot of passes. But on an end to end rush where he's defending, his cumbersome stature is a hindrance not a plus.

Agreed, he's done well because he is huge with a reach and a good shot. Smaller faster players make him look stupid all the time. I can't stand watching him play. If you watch him in front of the net/after the whistle he does a good amount of hacking and shoving people in the face for a huge guy with a "C" on his shirt.

Here is a Halarious Photo I did of Chara for all of you. It is suitable for framing, and big enough - so you wont loose any details. Enjoy :P

Zedno-Chara-The-Big-Ape.jpg

Welcome to the forum, its a good photo a little too good looking for his face though.

Argh, I have this picture in my head Chara lifting cup with that simplejack grin on his face.What can you do...

Kinda like the grin and jump towards I forget who when they scored the first goal in the game after the max pac injury? I hated that look so much

Welcome to the forum, its a good photo a little too good looking for his face though.

I agree, that pic is actually cute in a way... Minus the b's jersey.

chara is anything but cute, he really should've been a goalie... Would've saved the fans the grief of seeing his ugly mug.

OMG. Amazing how that guy is allowed to embarrass himself on a public radio show.

Good on Marinaro for calling him out on that diving *****.

Big LOL also at "In all the fights during that February game, the Canadiens were throwing the first punch" :blink:

That should be in the "Are You Ready For a Good Laugh" thread. :lol:

• 1 month later...

From the NHL.com site - If you hated seeing lift the cup, imagine how you're going react when you the video of him eating from the cup. Nothing like adding insult to injury.

Didn't someone once put their kid in the top, and the child, uh... produced into it?

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't even watch the Bruins lift the cup.

Neither did I.....not even clips from sportcasts

Couldn't stomach it.

Try living in the Boston area...ugh! All the front runners running around with Bruins hats/shirts now saying how much they love hockey. I can't stomach it anymore, let the new season begin, go Habs!

Serious condolences. Ouch. :mellow:

Yeah, funny how they just all of a sudden have loved the bruins their whole lives, huh? :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Chara leaves scrimmage with leg contusion

Monday, 09.19.2011 / 3:10 PM / News

Boston Bruins captain Zdeno Chara left the scrimmage portion of his practice session early Monday during training camp at TD Garden after taking a shot off the inside of his left leg.

"Right now it's a contusion and we'll evaluate as we go along here," Bruins coach Claude Julien said. "This is training camp and if he needs an extra day here, we'll give him an extra day. If not, then he'll be back on the ice tomorrow."